Prfc announcement

Why should it be ASA? if they were so great the break wouldn't have happened. Think the folks at the big clubs that run massive tournaments know a bit more about scale than the clubs in ASA. Think there are currently more teams in SAAZ as well.

You know i used to think Tuzos did a great job of development. I can find at least 6 players from rising and/or RSL that have pro contracts. Show me 3 from Tuzos. They have this great rep but i never see anything about their players going pro, not even on their website. I figure if they did they would be marketing it all over... they don't and there is nothing in the news feeds or soccerwire. I could be wrong but I have never seen actual proof of their players going pro. If you mean feeding the MLS next.. well that i can believe but they can play in Bimbo league until they hit U12 and go MLS. No need for state league.

Premier is EA Southwest next year.

The best tournament in the state is Presidents cup, run by Del Sol. RSL runs something like 6 tournaments, and they are nothing to write home about. Rising run 2. There's a big difference between running a tournament over 3 days versus a league over 3 months, as they have found out. They have had 2 years to make saaz into something and clubs seem to be exiting rather than joining. IMV, the break was all ego & control. The clubs could have changed ASA as they were the voting members, with the number of votes being relative to the number of teams you had. Maybe they didn't have the votes 🤔 and just threw their toys out of the pram.

The best boys teams in saaz should be desperate to get back into ASA as that would greatly widen the quality and quantity of their competition.

Girls side is hosed for both leagues anyway with 4 ECNL/GA teams in the state and 3 ECRL and 5 DPL teams, the rest is just rec with a large price tag, so one big rec league would work there (just don't tell the parents its rec 🤫 or they might stop being the ATM for the clubs).

Tuzos is a great feeder into the top programs and always have very good teams. If those top programs can't develop the players further then maybe its not on Tuzos. Then again, the number of players that make the very top level is miniscule, and that's taking MLS as the very top level which it isn't obviously.

Do you know how Premier got EA? A quick look at saaz and they are nowhere near good enough. To say that makes a joke of EA is an understatement ...

The best tournament in the state is Presidents cup, run by Del Sol. RSL runs something like 6 tournaments, and they are nothing to write home about. Rising run 2. There's a big difference between running a tournament over 3 days versus a league over 3 months, as they have found out. They have had 2 years to make saaz into something and clubs seem to be exiting rather than joining. IMV, the break was all ego & control. The clubs could have changed ASA as they were the voting members, with the number of votes being relative to the number of teams you had. Maybe they didn't have the votes 🤔 and just threw their toys out of the pram.

The best boys teams in saaz should be desperate to get back into ASA as that would greatly widen the quality and quantity of their competition.

Girls side is hosed for both leagues anyway with 4 ECNL/GA teams in the state and 3 ECRL and 5 DPL teams, the rest is just rec with a large price tag, so one big rec league would work there (just don't tell the parents its rec 🤫 or they might stop being the ATM for the clubs).

Tuzos is a great feeder into the top programs and always have very good teams. If those top programs can't develop the players further then maybe its not on Tuzos. Then again, the number of players that make the very top level is miniscule, and that's taking MLS as the very top level which it isn't obviously.

Do you know how Premier got EA? A quick look at saaz and they are nowhere near good enough. To say that makes a joke of EA is an understatement ...
Rumor is teams are leaving. Not confirmed. If Rising leaves this whole thing is academic. SAAZ will fold.

In my view ASA took things for granted and simply milked the big clubs to fund the minnows. Big clubs finally had enough and left. Should never have come to this but it has. I am sure there is and has been a negotiation going on. If we can see it they can too. Not sure if its money or control but its something. Maybe the SAAZ teams plan to come back and form a voting block and simply take ASA over from the inside. Like you say they have the votes. IDK.

With the level of dilution not sure it matters. All the top players in the state are in letter leagues anyway. What was APL 4 yrs ago is now ECRL, DPL, EA and Boys ECNL. There has always been top (girls ecnl/ga) and (boys MLS) but the number of middle leagues now is staggering. Any club that can is getting a national league and using it to sweep up even the mildly talented players in their area. What is left to play in state leagues is so watered down even if you have a great player they don't have anyone to pass to. The soccer world has changed dramatically.

Number of AZ teams in national leagues.
Boys - MLS 3 (Rising, RSL, SCDS) ECNL 3 (FC Arizona, Arsenal, FC Tucson) EA 8 (RSL 2, RSL South, Premier, Rising, SCDS, Barca, Next Level)
Girls - ECNL 3 (Royals, Rising, Arsenal) GA 2 (SCDS, FC Tucson) ECRL 3 (Royals, Rising, Arsenal), DPL 5 (FC Arizona, Premier, SCDS, FC Tucson, AZSC)

I don't include E64 as that is more of a field trip than a league.

so total boys - 14 teams per age group, total girls - 13 teams per age group

Boys more slight edge. Didn't realize we had 8 EA teams in the state.

Seems like Tuzos peaks around U14 then drops. Must be the age the really good players get poached. But if as you say they replace them with equally good players why aren't Tuzos players going MLS or LigaMX or college? They claim to have a path to LigaMX but like i said haven't seen it. They talk big but don't seem to produce. Past U14 they don't even dominate ASA and never see even the 3rd teams of the big clubs. Think that is a lot of hype. I am waiting for Next Level Soccer to start producing. They win nearly every tournament below U14 and have EA.

I am waiting for Next Level Soccer to start producing. They win nearly every tournament below U14 and have EA.

You have a good point, and it will be interesting to see over the next few years. From 2016B to 2011B, the state rank of their top team is #2, #2, #2, #1, #1, and #1. If they can continue at that similar level of performance as the teams continue to age, it will be a significant change to the landscape.

Next Level AZ.png

idk a lot about the girls side anymore. my dd graduated several years ago and plays now in college, and that's another forum..lol..
im trying to learn more on the boys side, as my son plays mls and the boys side is an entire different monster. his mls team scrimmaged an older tuzos team last year, and they were not what they used to be. they had a few solid players, and that's about it. there are many more options and choices now than when Tuzos last won a national championship. i would think geographically, del sol and maybe rising would pull a lot of those players.

Boys - MLS 3 (Rising, RSL, SCDS) ECNL 3 (FC Arizona, Arsenal, FC Tucson) EA 8 (RSL 2, RSL South, Premier, Rising, SCDS, Barca, Next Level)
Girls - ECNL 3 (Royals, Rising, Arsenal) GA 2 (SCDS, FC Tucson) ECRL 3 (Royals, Rising, Arsenal), DPL 5 (FC Arizona, Premier, SCDS, FC Tucson, AZSC)

It absurd really and demonstrates all that's wrong with soccer in the US. Its a race to the bottom with other people's money, aka a money grab plain and simple.

It absurd really and demonstrates all that's wrong with soccer in the US. Its a race to the bottom with other people's money, aka a money grab plain and simple.
I didn't really think there were that many until i added them up. Wow. And to think they were likely in APL 4 years ago. I wouldn't say race to the bottom as there are some pluses to the letter leagues. Mainly the commitment of the players. As the parents are paying more i guarantee the players are showing up for practice and are committed to the team. Some lower level teams because they were so cheap the kids and parents didn't care, only showed up for half the games and intermittent practices. Also the coaches tend to be better as they are paid better and have to commit to out of state travel. For most this is their job not something they do on the side.

Rumor is teams are leaving. Not confirmed. If Rising leaves this whole thing is academic. SAAZ will fold.

In my view ASA took things for granted and simply milked the big clubs to fund the minnows. Big clubs finally had enough and left. Should never have come to this but it has. I am sure there is and has been a negotiation going on. If we can see it they can too. Not sure if its money or control but its something. Maybe the SAAZ teams plan to come back and form a voting block and simply take ASA over from the inside. Like you say they have the votes. IDK.

With the level of dilution not sure it matters. All the top players in the state are in letter leagues anyway. What was APL 4 yrs ago is now ECRL, DPL, EA and Boys ECNL. There has always been top (girls ecnl/ga) and (boys MLS) but the number of middle leagues now is staggering. Any club that can is getting a national league and using it to sweep up even the mildly talented players in their area. What is left to play in state leagues is so watered down even if you have a great player they don't have anyone to pass to. The soccer world has changed dramatically.

Seems like Tuzos peaks around U14 then drops. Must be the age the really good players get poached. But if as you say they replace them with equally good players why aren't Tuzos players going MLS or LigaMX or college? They claim to have a path to LigaMX but like i said haven't seen it. They talk big but don't seem to produce. Past U14 they don't even dominate ASA and never see even the 3rd teams of the big clubs. Think that is a lot of hype. I am waiting for Next Level Soccer to start producing. They win nearly every tournament below U14 and have EA.
CCV boys are going to ecnl girls are actually going down to e-64 rl (i think) with the boys second teams. The 10's 06/07's and 08 will dominate encl the 10's and 08's (maybe the 12's) will dominate e-64 rl. The girls who are doing good in e-64 will do good in e-64 rl too. For Tuzos it depends, because we have spartans tuzos, Tuzos academy and Tuzos academy Mesa so some Tuzos teams are good 07's and 09's too. The premier 08's are not bad by any means but i heard at least 3-4 of there players are leaving. SCDS Needs to drop DPL espessially with this NDL thing. They should also drop EA and E-64 the SCDS E-64 teams are getting killed. RSL need to figure something out With RSL Southern EA RSL South EA and RSL North EA. If Next Level went to MLS NEXT (which will prolly never happen) They would kill for 11's and 12's their 10's not as much. I did here from a Az legends Girls 12 player that royals 12's are all going to NL, this would shake things up for sure in the 12 girls situation. SAAZ was made as a super league and things were going great until teams like CCV and Excel left now everyone is mad and yes it will fold.

CCV boys are going to ecnl girls are actually going down to e-64 rl (i think) with the boys second teams. The 10's 06/07's and 08 will dominate encl the 10's and 08's (maybe the 12's) will dominate e-64 rl. The girls who are doing good in e-64 will do good in e-64 rl too. For Tuzos it depends, because we have spartans tuzos, Tuzos academy and Tuzos academy Mesa so some Tuzos teams are good 07's and 09's too. The premier 08's are not bad by any means but i heard at least 3-4 of there players are leaving. SCDS Needs to drop DPL espessially with this NDL thing. They should also drop EA and E-64 the SCDS E-64 teams are getting killed. RSL need to figure something out With RSL Southern EA RSL South EA and RSL North EA. If Next Level went to MLS NEXT (which will prolly never happen) They would kill for 11's and 12's their 10's not as much. I did here from a Az legends Girls 12 player that royals 12's are all going to NL, this would shake things up for sure in the 12 girls situation. SAAZ was made as a super league and things were going great until teams like CCV and Excel left now everyone is mad and yes it will fold.
Do you mean the CCV girls are going to ECRL, the level below ECNL? That could mean they have a path to ECNL, which would make things interesting as a lot of talent comes out of CCV.

CCV never had any letter league. Seemed like they were against it. They may do something like E64 but would be uncharacteristic for them to do EA/ECNL/DPL/GA. They may have done some desert conference or one offs but never a formal league. Think SCDS say they keep DPL as reserves for their GA teams and sells the dream of moving players between them but the reality is SCDS GA swaps discontents with Royals and Rising ECNL. Some of the SCDS teams are good in DPL but they are facing the top teams from Premier, AZSC and FC Arizona so it usually doesn't work out for them. SCDS has a very good college recruitment record dating back to when they were ECNL before DA. They continue to do will with that.. RSL has the two EAs because EA allowed it when they applied after they lost ECNL. More money for them, they keep players that would have gone to EA somewhere else. CCV was never in SAAZ the president of ASA (who has roots in CCV) would never allow it.

Do you mean the CCV girls are going to ECRL, the level below ECNL? That could mean they have a path to ECNL, which would make things interesting as a lot of talent comes out of CCV.
No they are either staying e-64 or going to e-64 rl they are for sure going to e-64 rl for girls idk if thats going to be there second team and stay e-64 as there first or what not.

CCV never had any letter league. Seemed like they were against it. They may do something like E64 but would be uncharacteristic for them to do EA/ECNL/DPL/GA. They may have done some desert conference or one offs but never a formal league. Think SCDS say they keep DPL as reserves for their GA teams and sells the dream of moving players between them but the reality is SCDS GA swaps discontents with Royals and Rising ECNL. Some of the SCDS teams are good in DPL but they are facing the top teams from Premier, AZSC and FC Arizona so it usually doesn't work out for them. SCDS has a very good college recruitment record dating back to when they were ECNL before DA. They continue to do will with that.. RSL has the two EAs because EA allowed it when they applied after they lost ECNL. More money for them, they keep players that would have gone to EA somewhere else. CCV was never in SAAZ the president of ASA (who has roots in CCV) would never allow it.
So the Andrew Bellemen the the guy who runs CCV Club soccer never wanted to apply for any letter leagues he always wants them to come to him. E-64 and ecnl both came to him. Not him going to them.

Back