Pateadores Girls DA 03/04 - Observations

So my dd attended the Pats DA tryouts today and I thought I would share some things we learned. When the tryout was over, the DA coaches gathered the parents to share these pieces of information:
  • Pats will have the 03/04 DA team and one 03 Academy II team and one 04 Academy II team.
  • The 03/04 DA team will be fully funded by Pats. Parents of these players will not pay for training, player travel, coaches per diem, etc.
  • The parents of the players on the Academy II teams will pay like normal. Roughly $2250 per year.
  • Pats will have four or five coaches assigned to the Academy teams (all three of them in this age band). These coaches will rotate throughout the year.
  • Pats and other DA programs are looking into starting a new league that will only include the DA Academy II teams. This will not be CSL, SCDSL, SDDA, etc. Roughly eight programs looking into the new league right now.
  • DA program will include futsal and strength training in addition to normal soccer training.
  • The 03/04 DA team will train at least four times per week for ten months. Strength training will likely be one of the four days.
  • The DA Academy II teams will train two to three times per week for ten months.
  • The 03/04 DA team will be at least two-thirds 03 players and maybe more.
  • Training locations will be the OC Great Park or UCI. Pats is building a new turf field(s) at UCI.
  • Pats will have a second open training session for the 03/04 DA team (likely January 8th). After this second open training, they will have more training sessions but for players that are invited back.
Some other information:
  • Since Pats is not an ECNL club, any ECNL player can attend the next tryout (their words, not mine). As an FYI, I saw at least two ECNL players today.
  • Dan Richards has joined Pats and will be a part of the GDA program. They did not mention which age group he will be assigned to.
  • Today's session was maybe 40-50 total players. Mostly current Pats players.
  • Probably 50% 03 players and 50% 04 players.
I hope this helps.
Can anyone confirm who the 03 Pats DA coach is?

So WCFC will convert over much of their '01 ECNL team to DA - meeting the requirement of making DA their #1 team in the club in the 2-year age range while keeping together assumedly a pretty strong '02G ECNL team (certainly better than an EGLS team). If this follows suit with other clubs it makes for some interesting dynamics in both DA and ECNL. What would happen to this same group of kids in the 2018-2019 season? The 'o2G move to DA from ECNL?

I would not be surprised if DA institutes a requirement to have some ratio of players from the younger of the 2-year span just to stop the potential for wild swings in teams year to year.

Heard they will split the '02 and '01s after next year (like they did this year with '03/'04s). Some clubs don't have the requisite number of coaches with A level license yet so they have to tip toe into this one. US soccer really flying by the seat of their pants so far...

We have been told Dan Richards will be the HC for both DA teams at the 03 age group. However, until I see it in writing on their website or in an email to the parents, I will hold back on saying this is set in stone.
Tryouts for Pats 99 and 01 da tryouts are this Sunday and 3/5. It also shows that Dan Richards is the 03 da coach and Jenny Hammond is the 04 da coach. No info on who the reserve coaches are? Reserve teams now may play in SCDSL tier 1 or equivalent? No reserve or da2 league??

Tryouts for Pats 99 and 01 da tryouts are this Sunday and 3/5. It also shows that Dan Richards is the 03 da coach and Jenny Hammond is the 04 da coach. No info on who the reserve coaches are? Reserve teams now may play in SCDSL tier 1 or equivalent? No reserve or da2 league??
Without getting mean and nasty does anyone have info on them? general impressions

Back