Pateadores Girls DA 03/04 - Observations

Is it safe to assume that SCDSL will go away soon since the best players are moving to DA, the second best are going DA-II, third best going to ECNL and fourth best EGSL? Isn't that how SCDSL is set up? So those clubs who don't have DA or ECNL/EGSL might as well go back to Presidio or CSL.

Clubs that have the ability to and choose to do both DA and ECNL will not participate in the proposed DAII circuit. These (4) clubs at this point in time are: Surf, Slammers, Blues and WCFC. Whether 1 or more of these clubs choose to pull out of ECNL and do DAII is yet to be seen.

Is it safe to assume that SCDSL will go away soon since the best players are moving to DA, the second best are going DA-II, third best going to ECNL and fourth best EGSL? Isn't that how SCDSL is set up? So those clubs who don't have DA or ECNL/EGSL might as well go back to Presidio or CSL.
You're joking right?

So should we assume that besides Arsenal & Strikers, the majority of top Ecnl players will be the new Da, Egsl & lower level Ecnl players will be the new Da-II, and the 3rd team players will be the new Ecnl? I think Ecnl is getting the raw end of this. Better coaching, more development, and more opportunities playing Da-II rather than Ecnl? Ecnl coaches next season for the most part are the egsl coaches this season. :( To think that any club has 45 studs to field 3 top teams is super crazy and doesn't exist anywhere. Da will be super competitive next season, Da-II will be competitive based on scdsl results this season, and Ecnl will be the least competitive with Arsenal and Strikers beating everyone by large numbers. I personally think clubs should have Da OR ecnl, based on the amount of Da clubs, there is not enough talent to go around. It sure will be interesting to see how this all plays out and who ends up having the stronger league.

No age group has 45 studs. Literally there are >30 studs per age group in all of SoCal. As @pulgita once said there should only be realistically 2-3 teams in all of SoCal if they were serious about developing players for the national team. I would even take it a step further and have a 24 man residential academy and have them scrimmage college teams, older ODP/ID2 teams and international friendlies. That would be a true commitment to development. What they are up to now is simply a power play.

No age group has 45 studs. Literally there are >30 studs per age group in all of SoCal. As @pulgita once said there should only be realistically 2-3 teams in all of SoCal if they were serious about developing players for the national team. I would even take it a step further and have a 24 man residential academy and have them scrimmage college teams, older ODP/ID2 teams and international friendlies. That would be a true commitment to development. What they are up to now is simply a power play.

Why is it that you always say ,what I was about to say, before I can say it? Geez. I guess it means less writing for me . :rolleyes:

Ecnl will not be dead it's roots are very deep. Perhaps many hope that it will be. Nonetheless only time will tell. All of these "what if" scenarios are pretty entertaining.

Well said!

Clubs that have the ability to and choose to do both DA and ECNL will not participate in the proposed DAII circuit. These (4) clubs at this point in time are: Surf, Slammers, Blues and WCFC. Whether 1 or more of these clubs choose to pull out of ECNL and do DAII is yet to be seen.
So Ecnl will have a heart beat with EGSL players and lower level Ecnl players.

You're joking right?

No I'm not joking. I see everyone talking about how all the best players are going to some better league. Most of the clubs that received DA are in SCDSL, so how many kids are going to be left if they're all leaving? DA is forming their own league, ECNL already has a league and DA-II... I'm new at this so take me back to school.

No I'm not joking. I see everyone talking about how all the best players are going to some better league. Most of the clubs that received DA are in SCDSL, so how many kids are going to be left if they're all leaving? DA is forming their own league, ECNL already has a league and DA-II... I'm new at this so take me back to school.
Maybe AYSO can go away and all players start in SCDSL? It will make for a better soccer player all the way around if they don't pick up any of those bad AYSO habits. :)

you are talking about certain age groups where this is impacting. There are the boys and youngers. There are kids who want to play soccer now but not in college and might not be interested in DA/ECNL/EGSL. Don't know about other clubs but it seems that our club is growing larger at the younger age groups with 4-6 teams per. We play SCDSL and half of our parents aren't even aware of all these changes coming, quite frankly, they don't really care

you are talking about certain age groups where this is impacting. There are the boys and youngers. There are kids who want to play soccer now but not in college and might not be interested in DA/ECNL/EGSL. Don't know about other clubs but it seems that our club is growing larger at the younger age groups with 4-6 teams per. We play SCDSL and half of our parents aren't even aware of all these changes coming, quite frankly, they don't really care
There will still be rec level and club level soccer. But the top players will wind up in DA around middle school. The "not-top" players will still play competitive soccer that should be a fit for their competitive level. Whatever acronym they play under is TBD and will probably change several times over the next few years.

Unless the clubs that founded and run the SCDSL go away the league isn't going anywhere.

Any new updates from tryouts on the 29th?

Sorry, none. Same stuff as before......warm-ups, followed by some passing drills, ending with small sided scrimmages.

They didn't even ask the parents to gather up to share information after the tryout. The coaches told the players at the end of the tryout....."if your parent(s) have questions, have them come talk to us".

Sorry, none. Same stuff as before......warm-ups, followed by some passing drills, ending with small sided scrimmages.

They didn't even ask the parents to gather up to share information after the tryout. The coaches told the players at the end of the tryout....."if your parent(s) have questions, have them come talk to us".
Thank you.

With these stats, maybe the egsl team becomes the new ecnl team?
From my meeting with West Coast regarding the 02/01 Academy, very few 02G ECNL players will make the academy team, especially with an already good 01 ECNL team. So, in our case, most of the 02 ECNL team will remain the same with a few openings for the EGSL players.

From my meeting with West Coast regarding the 02/01 Academy, very few 02G ECNL players will make the academy team, especially with an already good 01 ECNL team. So, in our case, most of the 02 ECNL team will remain the same with a few openings for the EGSL players.
So WCFC will convert over much of their '01 ECNL team to DA - meeting the requirement of making DA their #1 team in the club in the 2-year age range while keeping together assumedly a pretty strong '02G ECNL team (certainly better than an EGLS team). If this follows suit with other clubs it makes for some interesting dynamics in both DA and ECNL. What would happen to this same group of kids in the 2018-2019 season? The 'o2G move to DA from ECNL?

I would not be surprised if DA institutes a requirement to have some ratio of players from the younger of the 2-year span just to stop the potential for wild swings in teams year to year.

I felt since the time that the GDA announced the programs who will have both GDA and ECNL it would be very interesting how those clubs handled the two teams. It seems like WCFC is already making their decisions. Thanks for the updates soccer dude and transplant

Back