Parents- just shut up

Please stop saying "oh she's fine" when a player on another team is on the ground crying.
She may be "fine". Or she may have just come back from a injury.
An ACL tear, hamstring pull or elbow to the throat is hard to notice from 65 yards away.

All that comment is going to do is piss off parents that over hear you.

Please stop saying "oh she's fine" when a player on another team is on the ground crying.
An ACL tear, hamstring pull or elbow to the throat is hard to notice from 65 yards away.

Agree. And parents, quit calling/screaming out the referee is racist just because the ref is the same race as the other team and not the same as yours and made a couple calls you don't agree with.

Agree. And parents, quit calling/screaming out the referee is racist just because the ref is the same race as the other team and not the same as yours and made a couple calls you don't agree with.
All of this! And yes,please have some compassion when another player gets hurt!!

And implying or outright saying the other players are faking it or being overly dramatic. Sometimes they are but just like asking a person if she is pregnant - you don’t want to be wrong.

Bad weekend for socal soccer. Saw a u little fight, saw a parent fight, saw older take swings at each other, saw parents scream and swear at other teams kids, saw a parent call an injured player a faker, and saw that kids parent wanting to fight, saw a ref get swore at by a 16yr old....
Oh wait it is just soccer Saturday. Sometimes I think we lose sight that this is a game for fun for our kids.

Can't remember where I saw a sign before--but I remember it.
Please remember in our league:
These are kids -no matter how old they are
It's a just game
The referees are human
And it is NOT the World Cup!

Bad weekend for socal soccer. Saw a u little fight, saw a parent fight, saw older take swings at each other, saw parents scream and swear at other teams kids, saw a parent call an injured player a faker, and saw that kids parent wanting to fight, saw a ref get swore at by a 16yr old....
Oh wait it is just soccer Saturday. Sometimes I think we lose sight that this is a game for fun for our kids.

I hope your a ref.

Can't remember where I saw a sign before--but I remember it.
Please remember in our league:
These are kids -no matter how old they are
It's a just game
The referees are human
And it is NOT the World Cup!
I have that sign up at the rec league that I run as you enter. I see more people take a picture of it....

I have that sign up at the rec league that I run as you enter. I see more people take a picture of it....
If it is your sign, it's great. Doesn't matter if it is a rec league or club league. Sometime parents forget, the players are just kids--they learn to win and lose--but have fun.

Some parents this weekend yelled at the ref for giving the other team the game . He called the same foul over and over and kept falling for it until one team prevailed by baiting the ref . Sometimes it’s hard to shut up.

Some parents this weekend yelled at the ref for giving the other team the game . He called the same foul over and over and kept falling for it until one team prevailed by baiting the ref . Sometimes it’s hard to shut up.
Another great parent on the sidelines and another reason we don't have enough refs. If it is hard to shut up, don't go to the game!

Interesting , I have not heard someone on the sidelines Yelling or Screaming that the ref is racist. Have you seen bias based on race and the ethnicity of the ref?

Interesting , I have not heard someone on the sidelines Yelling or Screaming that the ref is racist. Have you seen bias based on race and the ethnicity of the ref?
Unfortunately I have heard it all too often, generally with Hispanic refs "giving the game" to the predominantly Hispanic team and especially when they are playing a predominantly caucasian team from an upper middle class area.

If he kept calling the same foul over and over again, at least he was consistent. Was it not a foul?

I am interested in knowing what foul was called. Great coaches will quickly understand how a ref is going to call a game and have his/her players adjust accordingly. For example with offsides, if close calls with the players standing close to being side by side with the defender when the ball is kicked is constantly called, a good coach will tell the player to make sure they are a body length behind the defender. Or if pushing is called the coach might tell his player to keep his hands below his waist.

Unfortunately I have heard it all too often, generally with Hispanic refs "giving the game" to the predominantly Hispanic team and especially when they are playing a predominantly caucasian team from an upper middle class area.
Yes. Lots of people get upset when Spanish speaking referees speak in Spanish to Spanish speaking coaches and players, especially the home team. It give a perception of bias/"home town" even if they are just communicating in their most fluent tongue.

I've heard it multiple times. Once with caucasian ref with caucasian team vs hispanic team and once with hispanic ref with hispanic team vs african american team. Seems like the lowest of all things to accuse the ref of in front of kids. Learn to lose gracefully ... at least somewhat gracefully lol.

Being that I am predominantly caucasian, I am curious how you will tell that I am from an upper middle class area. I am curious to how you would see my son or daughter other than a soccer player if they were on the field not knowing anything about my family. I get there is ethnicity but defining income into how a team or sidelines act is out of my strata. There are good and bad sidelines not specifically determined by race. I hear latin parents yelling at latin refs and I hear caucasian parents yelling a caucasian refs. I see mom's yelling at women refs.. a yeller will be a yeller.

In regards to speaking spanish to players or coaches it is understandable but with that said the conversation should be translated to the non-spanish speaking coach so he knows the instruction given. Last year our coach was red carded for asking translation and when the ref told him "the conversation was not for you" by the ref our coach responded "how do I know what not to do if you won't direct me as well." The ref immediately red carded the coach. I can see that point as well.

Back