Pardon David Dennison

Dress and wig was the uniform of some of the Shellback officials in charge of the ceremony. As a poor Polliwog I was limited to wearing my underwear inside out and backwards, outside my pants.
See, afflett. Perfect post to evidence we’re not the same guy. My knowledge of the equator ceremony is based entirely on The History Channel version rather than what actually happens. E says it’s pretty juvenile stuff. Backward undies. Big deal. I’d embellish with Tahitian prostitutes, et. all. But then, I’m inclined to puffery.

See, afflett. Perfect post to evidence we’re not the same guy. My knowledge of the equator ceremony is based entirely on The History Channel version rather than what actually happens. E says it’s pretty juvenile stuff. Backward undies. Big deal. I’d embellish with Tahitian prostitutes, et. all. But then, I’m inclined to puffery.
I thought it was pretty cool that they just let him be himself.
Squids.
Who knew?

Americans with the DD-219 to prove it are more legitimate than supporters of the unamerican criminal fraud currently occupying the WH.
Candidly, I’ve no idea what the hell a DD-219 is. I’m not even going to look it up and pretend to know what it is.

You’ve failed to absorb the import of your brethren in this forum when military service history is demanded as a prerequisite for an acceptable offering of an opinion.

Each time that prerequisite has been demanded of my fake alias here, I’ve cited my bone spurs as a legally operative reason I could not serve in Vietnam. Perhaps a half dozen times.

Not that anyone in a position as President that literally will hug an American flag (without consent by the flag, mind you) had such an excuse to dodge Vietnam military service.
Proper flag etiquette mandates that "the flag should never touch anything beneath it." The code mandates that the "flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free."

Seems Donald was checking if he what he did was ok as well:

TOUCHING, HUGGING FLAG
Submitted by John Miller on June 19, 2018 - 5:29pm
Is it ok to hug or embrace a flag as a display of patriotism?
FLAG AFFECTION, ETIQUETTE
Submitted by John Barron on June 19, 2018 - 4:57pm
I would like to Physically display how much I love THE FLAG. What means of Affection are appropriate to demonstrate this?
SO NICE
Submitted by Almanac Staff on June 20, 2018 - 12:08pm
Hi, John Barron: Always SO NICE to Hear from you. Thanks for checking in!

https://www.almanac.com/content/american-flag-etiquette-rules-and-guidelines

Candidly, I’ve no idea what the hell a DD-219 is. I’m not even going to look it up and pretend to know what it is.

Me neither. I mistyped - it's a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. It has a record of the career highlights, such as dates, awards, rank, etc.

You dont have to know in order to know that our poor, (underwear outside his pants) friend is wrong.
This is the USA.
All her citizens are equal. (in theory, "constitutionally")

Its a little, dare I say, .."fascistic" to imply that military persons are select, and above the rest of us.

Is that what they told you when you came to?

February 1975, somewhere in the Indian Ocean, Latitude 0. The date is important since for almost a decade before that most US Navy ships had spent their sea duty time in the South China Sea, which despite the name, is entirely north of the Equator. As a result, out of over 5000 residents of the USS Enterprise at the time, fewer than 400 were Shellbacks.

The Senior Shellback was the First Lieutenant, the officer in charge of the ship's boatswain mates (decks, anchors, mooring lines, small boats) a 30-year man who had worked his way up from paint-chipper to a commission. His office was right outside the main entrance to our electronics shop. The Senior Polliwog was an AT1 on his final cruise before retirement who had spent his career mostly as an aircrewman on VP squadrons and requested a big ship for his last cruise and thus ended up in our shop. The loudest Polliwog was my buddy Tank (260-pound Italian from New York) who for a few days after the date of the Crossing was announced started every morning by shouting "Shellbacks Suck!" as he passed the First Lieutenant's office.

There wasn't enough time to give every Polliwog the full treatment, so I, like most, only had to crawl through a canvas tube filled with rotten garbage and fresh vomit and then jump into a tank of salt water -> Shellback! The old man was placed in a coffin-shaped box, a bucket of garbage dumped on him, the lid closed, and salt water from a fire hose sprayed on the outside. When they opened the lid, he was chewing on potato peels and asking for more, so they closed the lid and sprayed him down again.

Tank got the full treatment - spanked with lengths of fire hose, grease in his hair and ears, and kiss the baby's belly, in addition to the more common indignities.

On our way back to our berthing area to clean up, most of us just dropped our ruined clothes over the side.

You dont have to know in order to know that our poor, (underwear outside his pants) friend is wrong.
This is the USA.
All her citizens are equal. (in theory, "constitutionally")

Its a little, dare I say, .."fascistic" to imply that military persons are select, and above the rest of us.

Some people forfeit their equality by committing criminal acts, or by coddling those who do.

Back