"Our Coach/DOC went to Europe and...."

If you buy into this trip I got a coach with an English accent for you. He must be good, he has the accent.

You are absolutely right. Do not ever let a Brit coach your children. Do not ever let them travel to England. And above all else, do not listen to British newspapers. For example, the lying UK Telegraph recently published an article that says this:

Analysis of more than 165,000 female athletes in the US found those taking the oral contraceptive were significantly less likely to suffer knee injuries. The apparent protective effect of the drug was particularly potent in teenage sportswomen, the data showed.
In fact, according to the article, female athletes aged 15 to 19 were a whopping 63 percent less likely to get injured while on the pill. Crazy talk, right?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science...sports-injury-scientists-suggest-major-study/

In my hometown (Temecula), we have a coach (PG with Hawks) who takes an oversees trip with the boys every year. My son never went on the trip, but many of his HS teammates have (who are also former teammates) when he played for the club. The kids and parents that went on the trip all loved it. Many of the parents spoke glowingly of how much their son's enjoyed the trip. They played a few games against some of the lower level academy teams, toured a few of the first division facilities and all the boys generally had a blast seeing and experiencing things they never had previously experienced ... all with the camaraderie of their teammates. An experience of a lifetime for most of the boys, who tended to go back trip after trip.

There are also companies that make arrangements for these types of trips and business is good. I know of an Irish company that does this.
---
The study mentioned by @End of the Line: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00913847.2019.1600334

BTW - Those lying Brits relied on a study from the biased east coast athiest intellectuals at Brown University so its a double whammy of misleading statements?????

My son's team went to England and it was a great trip. Nobody went into it with delusions of coming back with crazy new skills. They had fun, got to train at a top Premier League academy, played local teams at their skill level, saw an English National Team game and a couple of Premier League games. Did a few stadium tours and site seeing. Good team bonding and a new appreciation of the passion for futbal in England. Besides just being a fun trip if you like to travel, the boys did return with greater enthusiasm for the sport.

Back