Oceanside is open.

full90

SILVER ELITE
Without soccer I’m on yard duty and Saturday morning went to evergreen in Oceanside for DG and pavers. And it’s hot again so fml for yard work.
anyways saw a line of cars turning into so cal soccer complex. So I’m nosy and follow them in, yard work be damned.

it was packed! About 10 fields of games (estimate. Hard to tell). Hundreds of cars. And this was at 10ish. Idk if that’s all day but if your team isn’t playing or is driving out of state get some games locally.

if someone wants to check today and report back go for it. Wondering if Oceanside is doing this every weekend? I’ve heard it was happening but that was third and fourth hand rumors. Clearly for it to be this big, this many teams etc it must be somewhat allowed?

There are at least 2 other large facilities in SoCal that have a number of games being played every weekend. I noticed parents weren't near the kids, and were back off the field by about 10 feet, plus had spacing between each other.

Without soccer I’m on yard duty and Saturday morning went to evergreen in Oceanside for DG and pavers. And it’s hot again so fml for yard work.
anyways saw a line of cars turning into so cal soccer complex. So I’m nosy and follow them in, yard work be damned.

it was packed! About 10 fields of games (estimate. Hard to tell). Hundreds of cars. And this was at 10ish. Idk if that’s all day but if your team isn’t playing or is driving out of state get some games locally.

if someone wants to check today and report back go for it. Wondering if Oceanside is doing this every weekend? I’ve heard it was happening but that was third and fourth hand rumors. Clearly for it to be this big, this many teams etc it must be somewhat allowed?
two cents is that, in the absence of common sense guidance/prioritization from the state, folks are deciding to follow calsouth guidance.

Which is what happens when moral authority is squandered (ex. see Newsom administration)

Surf has been playing at Oceanside almost every weekend. I go back and forth between thinking I'm glad they are playing and that CalSouth and/or Presidio should kick them out of their leagues. Meanwhile other clubs are doing things the "right way" and driving to Yuma in order to play other San Diego clubs.

Surf has been playing at Oceanside almost every weekend. I go back and forth between thinking I'm glad they are playing and that CalSouth and/or Presidio should kick them out of their leagues. Meanwhile other clubs are doing things the "right way" and driving to Yuma in order to play other San Diego clubs.
Driving to Yuma is the "right way"? The Positive Test Rate(PTR) for San Diego county is around 4%, Yuma county PTR is 16+%. Our state and locale officials need to get there heads out of there ASS and put in place common sense rules and guidance to have all these sporting activities that are fleeing to other states done safely in this state!

The soccer facility we had had games at was shut down this weekend, so looks like these things are only until our betters get organized and shut them down.

Driving to Yuma is the "right way"? The Positive Test Rate(PTR) for San Diego county is around 4%, Yuma county PTR is 16+%. Our state and locale officials need to get there heads out of there ASS and put in place common sense rules and guidance to have all these sporting activities that are fleeing to other states done safely in this state!

Hence the quotes on "right way." It's dumb to drive 2.5 hours, stay in a hotel, etc when you can just drive to a park locally and play.

At the same time, I don't think Surf, Strikers and others are doing things right and quite honestly risk ruining it for the rest of us.

I really wish they'd say you can play, no tournaments, no out of state travel or games against out of state teams. Mandate only two family members per player in attendance, masks all the time, games spread out so the next game isn't crowding the field area while you are still playing. I think almost all of us would be ok with that and the risk would be minimal. Surf Cup, Nomads, Yuma etc in AZ is dangerous for those of us staying in CA for when those families come back.

Governor said today he has approved and signed off on youth sports guidelines but are not going to release them because of climbing COVID cases
Unpublished guidelines are just about as loud the proverbial tree falling in a forest. How about a here are the guidelines, which are in effect only if the county at issue is in **** color tier. Give people some idea of what expectations should be. That would have been nice.

I agree that it would be nice to have updated guidelines but for now guidelines do exist. The guidelines are in effect until new guidelines are published so as of today and going back to 8/3 the guidelines have existed.

Until they publish the guidance people will keep saying that no guidance has been published There is guidance dated 8/3 that says players can't engage in scrimmages or games. It my be an interim guidance but it is a published guidance that says athletes must stay 6 feet apart and in stable cohorts.

8/3 Guidance
Outdoor and indoor sporting events, assemblies, and other activities that require close contact or that would promote congregating are not permitted at this time. For example, tournaments, events, or competitions, regardless of whether teams are from the same school or from different schools, counties, or states are not permitted at this time

Most of the state is now in purple tier again. Until they publish the guidance people will keep saying there is not guidance. There is guidance of course dated 8/3 that says players can't engage in scrimmages or games.

Unpublished guidelines are just about as loud the proverbial tree falling in a forest. How about a here are the guidelines, which are in effect only if the county at issue is in **** color tier. Give people some idea of what expectations should be. That would have been nice.

They will change like the goal posts being moved what he signed off on is the classification (low, medium, high) of the different sports + tiers (1-4)

CIF football in Socal for Dec is now all but dead and the season likely lost since its high risk and all the countries are purple now anyway.

Tennis, golf, swimming, x-county are low risk and might be the first to be allowed once a country is allowed or in the less restrictive tier (red) #2

Soccer like baseball and basketball is moderate and I'm guessing will be allowed when a country is in the orange #3 (moderate) tier.

Purple (#1) widespread nothing like schools

We found out today Middle and High Schoolers will only return to school once our county is in the Orange Tier. They will be the last to return to campus. Our county still hasn't made it out of purple and with the increases will likely be stuck in purple for considerably longer. I think at best they might be in school in April. Football is supposed to start Dec 7th, but that looks highly unlikely.

We found out today Middle and High Schoolers will only return to school once our county is in the Orange Tier. They will be the last to return to campus. Our county still hasn't made it out of purple and with the increases will likely be stuck in purple for considerably longer. I think at best they might be in school in April. Football is supposed to start Dec 7th, but that looks highly unlikely.
I am sorry to hear that what county?

Hence the quotes on "right way." It's dumb to drive 2.5 hours, stay in a hotel, etc when you can just drive to a park locally and play.

At the same time, I don't think Surf, Strikers and others are doing things right and quite honestly risk ruining it for the rest of us.

I really wish they'd say you can play, no tournaments, no out of state travel or games against out of state teams. Mandate only two family members per player in attendance, masks all the time, games spread out so the next game isn't crowding the field area while you are still playing. I think almost all of us would be ok with that and the risk would be minimal. Surf Cup, Nomads, Yuma etc in AZ is dangerous for those of us staying in CA for when those families come back.

Whoa! Whoa! Don’t drag Strikers into this! They are one of the few clubs following the rules. Definitely do a fact check prior to naming teams.

Back