November Nights, Surf, or Silver Lakes......

Harrumph, internet chat forums.... 32% of college scholarships go to ECNL players. They are the minority. 68% must come from somewhere else. There are a lot of D1 D2 teams out there. Then there are D3 coaches trying to put teams together.

Teams are coming from all over for Silverlakes too.

Every game is good at College Cup - do you think the coaches are coming to watch the game and good teams or individual players? Do you think they are there to watch every game?

You could never be a college coach if you are worrying about B and C teams playing on the same fields as good teams. And if you were a D3 and many D2 coach you would be happy watching B teams because that is where your players are coming from.

If a coach is worried about being in the middle of no where to recruit their team - and many schools are in the middle of no where - I am sure soccer is not important to them and their team probably *****

Too much cool-aid here I am out - I have no stake in this. I was just trying to comment on Silverlakes and good change but too many cool-aiders for me.... Not worth my time.

Every post shows you are either a stakeholder or a moron.

I've heard the same thing...buyers remorse. Silverlakes will have the most college coaches, and it won't be close. Remember, change is a good thing.

0002321_01-465x305.jpeg

Funny Cali. You believe that about as much as you think NC State will win the ACC this year.

Is there a list of accepted teams and/or coaches for any of these tourneys? I know Surf put out the accepted teams list, but not a coaches list. Maybe that will put an end to the back and forth on this thread?

I can't imagine why a college coach would go to Silverlakes instead of Oceanside.

Silverlakes has committed to accept these big clubs B and C teams, most of who will not receive scholarship offers. So more than 50% of the games will be of interest to no one.

If a college coach is interested in an ECNL player from, say, Eagles, why would they use a precious recruiting visit on this event when they can go to Phoenix and see EVERY west coast ECNL team?

College Cup attracts the top teams from all over. Every game is good. Good players they haven't seen and might not be on their radar yet.

November Nights is just down the street and offers good games as well. Silverlakes is in the middle of nowhere.

If I'm a college coach, I'm not taking a flyer and potentially wasting a visit to see a bunch of B and C teams kick the ball around.

Sometimes the best players are not on the A teams I seen some very good players on B teams.

Well, I'm bummed. Maybe a good percentage of top so cal clubs backed out, but many top clubs from out of the area are still attending. It won't be as fun having to play the usual suspects in Silverlakes.
GK, not sure what you mean that you are bummed...looks as though at this age group there are no Eagles, Beach, Legends teams at Surf...clubs with elite teams at this age...is that is consistent with the past participation or is this a change from the past??...the elite OC and SD county teams are well represented which makes sense give the geography not to mention the legacy and reputation of Surf...is this a north south split???...wondering if NN is impacted as well...

He is a Surf parent. Also those other tournaments are second fiddle. If your pitch is that college coaches will make the trek up north you know you are in the wrong tournament. Surf will have the most college coaches and it won't be close.
MAP, Surf only has 8 teams from SoCal...so for most teams, not playing Surf was a forgone conclusion...where it is a real question is for players who are still looking at schools like Pomona-Pitzer, Claremont-Mudd, Whittier, Cal Lutheran, some of the other Cal States in LA County etc...there is the question of which of the other tournaments will be the best fit for the kids still looking at schools for soccer...

Every post shows you are either a stakeholder or a moron.

I'll bite - what did I say that is moronic since I am not a stakeholder?

Our logo is on the Silverlakes Showcase, but we'll be at Surf. It's how we spend Thanksgiving. It's kind of like the Master's golf tournament.
"A tradition unlike any other....."

Real So Cal? Have you talked to your child's coach or has the DOC talked to the coaches yet?

I'll bite - what did I say that is moronic since I am not a stakeholder?

Real So Cal? Have you talked to your child's coach or has the DOC talked to the coaches yet?
Hey there non-stakeholder, that one right above where I'm typing, yep that one! Yeah that one for sure!

"have you talked to your child's coach or has the DOC talked to the coaches yet?" Moronic on so many levels, but I mean that in a nice way. Like the true LadiesMan that you are, you gave it a shot, but missed horribly.:p

At this point it looks as though there are two groups of the Socal uber elite between the tournaments: ArsnlE, Blus, RSC,Strkrs, Srf and WC in one camp and ArsnlB, Bch, Egls, LaglxOC, Lgnds, and Slmmrs in the other camp or at least not in the first camp yet...or maybe I am missing something...I assume there are lots of phone calls going back and forth, peace pipes and Kumbaya circle of friends offers maybe getting sorted out...

Hey there non-stakeholder, that one right above where I'm typing, yep that one! Yeah that one for sure!

"have you talked to your child's coach or has the DOC talked to the coaches yet?" Moronic on so many levels, but I mean that in a nice way. Like the true LadiesMan that you are, you gave it a shot, but missed horribly.:p

So you cannot answer the question but choose to deflect it with attempted insults that have no impact on me. Cool story bro. Continue to lie or post the facts. You've been called out as a liar.

At this point it looks as though there are two groups of the Socal uber elite between the tournaments: ArsnlE, Blus, RSC,Strkrs, Srf and WC in one camp and ArsnlB, Bch, Egls, LaglxOC, Lgnds, and Slmmrs in the other camp or at least not in the first camp yet...or maybe I am missing something...I assume there are lots of phone calls going back and forth, peace pipes and Kumbaya circle of friends offers maybe getting sorted out...

WC is in the other camp already unless you are looking at the other 'West Coast Soccer". RSC is also in the other camp and is only is only accepted not verified at SC. And I suspect the all girls club to move over in the next week but not guaranteed. That would leave 2 on the SC list.

The only stakeholder in this equation at Silverlakes is the facility and their $30M in debt. They need events like Trump needs class. The fields are already turning bad, I can't imagine they will hold out much longer. Turf fields are still good though.

So you cannot answer the question but choose to deflect it with attempted insults that have no impact on me. Cool story bro. Continue to lie or post the facts. You've been called out as a liar.

Easy there LadiesMan. Not affiliated with Real SoCal. Sorry if you were offended by my comments, but I am glad you thought my story was cool bro. You recommended that I talk to my daughter's coach regarding our Thanksgiving plans, so I offered you my opinion of your recommendation. Don't you think calling me a Liar is the wrong thing to do considering those facts?

Dude, sounds like your daughter's team will be at Silverlakes. Fantastic. I hope your team and player get whatever it is you're looking for from your experience. No need to argue about which one is better. We're going to Surf, and we're a bit sad it's our last one.

Not sure what club you're affiliated with, but will we be running into each other at any of the ECNL events this year?

Easy there LadiesMan. Not affiliated with Real SoCal. Sorry if you were offended by my comments, but I am glad you thought my story was cool bro. You recommended that I talk to my daughter's coach regarding our Thanksgiving plans, so I offered you my opinion of your recommendation. Don't you think calling me a Liar is the wrong thing to do considering those facts?

Dude, sounds like your daughter's team will be at Silverlakes. Fantastic. I hope your team and player get whatever it is you're looking for from your experience. No need to argue about which one is better. We're going to Surf, and we're a bit sad it's our last one.

Not sure what club you're affiliated with, but will we be running into each other at any of the ECNL events this year?

You said your daughters team is listed on the SilverLakes website. Only two teams listed under Surf College Cup as accepted are on the site. Real So Cal or CDA Slammers. Your kid is not on either of those teams then which one? Maybe I missed something and if I did I apologize for the liar comment. Which team is it?

You said your daughters team is listed on the SilverLakes website. Only two teams listed under Surf College Cup as accepted are on the site. Real So Cal or CDA Slammers. Your kid is not on either of those teams then which one? Maybe I missed something and if I did I apologize for the liar comment. Which team is it?

I guess you're in the ballpark, at least you're looking at the right list, I think. I would prefer to keep a little bit of anonymity. Makes it a little more fun I think. If you were on the old forum you might know who my daughter's with.

Thank you for the apology, I accept.

Weird if the ECNL clubs are playing Silverlakes. I don't get why they would want to play each other AGAIN, instead of quality out of state teams at Surf College Cup.

Anyways, my DDs team isn't playing a Thanksgiving Showcase and I am fine with that.

Back