November Nights, Surf, or Silver Lakes......

zags77

SILVER ELITE
Who is doing what? Some teams have been accepted to NN already with acceptance emails going out last week I've heard, Surf application was due on Sept. 16th with answers due back to in state teams by 9/24, anyone applying to Silver Lakes (due Sept 26th)?

Where are the masses playing?

Don't shoot the messenger I just clicked on the Silver Lakes click and that's what is said....

I am interested what the reasons are since they are not obvious to me.

He is a Surf parent. Also those other tournaments are second fiddle. If your pitch is that college coaches will make the trek up north you know you are in the wrong tournament. Surf will have the most college coaches and it won't be close.

He is a Surf parent. Also those other tournaments are second fiddle. If your pitch is that college coaches will make the trek up north you know you are in the wrong tournament. Surf will have the most college coaches and it won't be close.

I would wait a week or so until the facts come to the table on what tournament is second fiddle this year. I suspect Surf will have the most college coaches assistants this year... Not sure about anyone trekking north or south unless special players are involved.

I would wait a week or so until the facts come to the table on what tournament is second fiddle this year. I suspect Surf will have the most college coaches assistants this year... Not sure about anyone trekking north or south unless special players are involved.

If you say so. I'm going to let you think that. I suppose that Surf has no special players? Isn't the biggest uncommitted recruiting prize a Surf player? Nah you've gotta be right. Coaches won't go watch the showcase where they have scouted players successfully they are going to roll the dice and take a WAG and go scout some players from (insert a name) FC.

Sounds good to me.

A few of those teams have changed their mind I am told... Who knows...
I've heard the same thing...buyers remorse. Silverlakes will have the most college coaches, and it won't be close. Remember, change is a good thing.

0002321_01-465x305.jpeg

If you say so. I'm going to let you think that. I suppose that Surf has no special players? Isn't the biggest uncommitted recruiting prize a Surf player? Nah you've gotta be right. Coaches won't go watch the showcase where they have scouted players successfully they are going to roll the dice and take a WAG and go scout some players from (insert a name) FC.

Sounds good to me.

Why do you keep responding to me with absurd comments that have nothing to do with my comments. First you say "If your pitch is that college coaches will make the trek up north you know you are in the wrong tournament". Where did that come from? I never mentioned anything about coaches going north, south, east, or west. I did respond coaches will travel north or south if there is a special player they want (usually already predetermined) to see that is at the other tournament since you made your statement.

In response, you say "I suppose Surf has no special players? Isn't the biggest uncommitted recruiting prize a Surf player?". Again, where did that come from? I never said anything about Surf players. But I will respond to your gibberish: NO, uncommitted Surf players are not the biggest prize. I hope you honestly don't believe that.

More gibberish "Coaches won't go watch the showcase where they have scouted players successfully they are going to roll the dice and take a WAG and go scout some players from (insert a name) FC.". So, if a coach is interested in 3 girls that play for Slammers, West Coast, and Legends they are going to go to Surf because that was the platform in the past? Nope. Trust me there is no dice rolling and WAG - how can you even say that - look at the clubs going to Silverlakes. Do you think a coach does not want to see any players from those teams?

You sound like a stakeholder. Or a rah rah guy like Caliklines.

I am not a stakeholder (but you sound disgruntled) - are you a stakeholder? That is the trick here. There ARE NO REAL STAKEHOLDERS. This was well thought out from leading clubs and COLLEGE COACHES. The platform is cheaper, not a money maker for clubs, no mandatory hotels lists, real games. This has been in the works because Surf College Cup was not the right platform and had STAKEHOLDERS.

Oh and by the way a few teams on the Surf accepted teams WILL BE verified NO and it will not surprise me when Blues and possibly LA Galaxy are on that list.

I can't imagine why a college coach would go to Silverlakes instead of Oceanside.

Silverlakes has committed to accept these big clubs B and C teams, most of who will not receive scholarship offers. So more than 50% of the games will be of interest to no one.

If a college coach is interested in an ECNL player from, say, Eagles, why would they use a precious recruiting visit on this event when they can go to Phoenix and see EVERY west coast ECNL team?

College Cup attracts the top teams from all over. Every game is good. Good players they haven't seen and might not be on their radar yet.

November Nights is just down the street and offers good games as well. Silverlakes is in the middle of nowhere.

If I'm a college coach, I'm not taking a flyer and potentially wasting a visit to see a bunch of B and C teams kick the ball around.

I can't imagine why a college coach would go to Silverlakes instead of Oceanside.

Silverlakes has committed to accept these big clubs B and C teams, most of who will not receive scholarship offers. So more than 50% of the games will be of interest to no one.

If a college coach is interested in an ECNL player from, say, Eagles, why would they use a precious recruiting visit on this event when they can go to Phoenix and see EVERY west coast ECNL team?

College Cup attracts the top teams from all over. Every game is good. Good players they haven't seen and might not be on their radar yet.

November Nights is just down the street and offers good games as well. Silverlakes is in the middle of nowhere.

If I'm a college coach, I'm not taking a flyer and potentially wasting a visit to see a bunch of B and C teams kick the ball around.

Harrumph, internet chat forums.... 32% of college scholarships go to ECNL players. They are the minority. 68% must come from somewhere else. There are a lot of D1 D2 teams out there. Then there are D3 coaches trying to put teams together.

Teams are coming from all over for Silverlakes too.

Every game is good at College Cup - do you think the coaches are coming to watch the game and good teams or individual players? Do you think they are there to watch every game?

You could never be a college coach if you are worrying about B and C teams playing on the same fields as good teams. And if you were a D3 and many D2 coach you would be happy watching B teams because that is where your players are coming from.

If a coach is worried about being in the middle of no where to recruit their team - and many schools are in the middle of no where - I am sure soccer is not important to them and their team probably *****

Too much cool-aid here I am out - I have no stake in this. I was just trying to comment on Silverlakes and good change but too many cool-aiders for me.... Not worth my time.

Why do you keep responding to me with absurd comments that have nothing to do with my comments. First you say "If your pitch is that college coaches will make the trek up north you know you are in the wrong tournament". Where did that come from? I never mentioned anything about coaches going north, south, east, or west. I did respond coaches will travel north or south if there is a special player they want (usually already predetermined) to see that is at the other tournament since you made your statement.

In response, you say "I suppose Surf has no special players? Isn't the biggest uncommitted recruiting prize a Surf player?". Again, where did that come from? I never said anything about Surf players. But I will respond to your gibberish: NO, uncommitted Surf players are not the biggest prize. I hope you honestly don't believe that.

More gibberish "Coaches won't go watch the showcase where they have scouted players successfully they are going to roll the dice and take a WAG and go scout some players from (insert a name) FC.". So, if a coach is interested in 3 girls that play for Slammers, West Coast, and Legends they are going to go to Surf because that was the platform in the past? Nope. Trust me there is no dice rolling and WAG - how can you even say that - look at the clubs going to Silverlakes. Do you think a coach does not want to see any players from those teams?

Okay buddy zags mentioned coaches trekking up north and I included that in my response. Believe what you want to believe about the biggest uncommitted prize recruit left in SoCal including TopDrawer. If you don't understand what I am referring to then we don't need to go any further on the subject.

Originally I responded to you thinking that you were asking an honest question. Clearly that is not the case and you have an agenda. I don't really care what you think. We will see. It is clear to college coaches what clubs consistently produce outstanding PRODUCTIVE players.

I never said anything about Slammers, WCFC or Legends. Slammers is a club that consistently produces quality players and why they have "B" team players on their older teams committed to colleges.

At the end of the day time will tell. I don't care either way as it doesn't affect my player anyway.

I am not a stakeholder (but you sound disgruntled) - are you a stakeholder? That is the trick here. There ARE NO REAL STAKEHOLDERS. This was well thought out from leading clubs and COLLEGE COACHES. The platform is cheaper, not a money maker for clubs, no mandatory hotels lists, real games. This has been in the works because Surf College Cup was not the right platform and had STAKEHOLDERS.

Oh and by the way a few teams on the Surf accepted teams WILL BE verified NO and it will not surprise me when Blues and possibly LA Galaxy are on that list.

Okay. We will see. We will definitely see. Good luck.

Back