National Cup - 04s - Tech Specs

I am sure your AYSO extra team would not fare well on a Crl pitch.
Sorry but all this belly aching is getting annoying . Part of the game is the mental strength and grit. Quit slamming Arsenal at least they play with heart and soul.
I am no RB Fan but I am not going to discount some exceptional Arsenal girls!

Let me explain. First- our team has moved programs and we are using Spring to figure out where we belong. We need to adjust to a faster pace of play than we are used to.
We played in a tournament this weekend with mixed results against 04 Flight 2 teams. Won 1 game- played ok. Lost 2nd game 2-0 (could have been worse. We also missed a PK that might have made the score look closer) We were outplayed by a team that played very good possession. Frustrated me that our team hasn't been playing the way they did. Hope to play them again soon to see if we start to "click" a little better. Some work to do.
Lost 3rd game to a team that was fairly even in skill and "style" of play. We were smaller, but that will be our case all year and we'll need to get used to it.
We work on first touch and passing all the time. We never work on booting it to nobody. But the girls panic when under pressure and it happens.
I watched the first half of the g05 final online. We have friends on both teams. Both teams would spank my team with their their speed, strength and desire. But I was really surprised that I didn't see a passing sequence of 3 passes in a row more than once or twice, from either team. Both teams had a very strong back line that got to the ball quickly and got it out of danger. I didn't see any passes back to the keeper to open up the field. I didn't see too many passes back from midfield to switch play.
Then I watched the 04 final and I saw some of the same.
Maybe all of these teams play a "prettier" game when there isn't a title on the line or against teams that they have a speed advantage over. (I know my looks pretty good when playing slower teams). If we ever get to that level, I'm sure I'd be pretty puckered up too about not making a mistake that could lose the game. I get it. It's the last game of a big season. Just win.

what does everyone got against kickball? ground game is boring. they really can't connect more than 3 max at 13 yo. As in american football establish the run game (ground) then beat them in the air. Get the ball deep take the top off the defense. Club soccer is competitive so winning should be okay. just MHO
Oh that's what Arsenal was doing. Must be, because RB played American Football and not soccer.

THE HAND OF GOD PART II
download.php

what does everyone got against kickball? ground game is boring. they really can't connect more than 3 max at 13 yo. As in american football establish the run game (ground) then beat them in the air. Get the ball deep take the top off the defense. Club soccer is competitive so winning should be okay. just MHO
Kickball is terrible soccer and I would expect more out of club soccer! We don't spend thousands and thousands of dollars on training to have our dd's playing kickball. You want them learning how to play the game properly at a young age and to say that they can't connect more than 3 passes at 13 years old is sad. Ecnl teams don't play kickball and I would expect no da teams next season to play kickball. Just saying!

Busy little beaver posting this worthless picture in two places.
1. Your CB couldn't collect a pass
2. Her peer ran to compensate across the field for her, shocking, and inadvertently fouled someone.
Didn't look like a foul to me actually at all!
3. Wall of four on the most talented striker- odd especially when you saw the set up
4. Scrum and two handballs yes. No one disputes that

What people are disputing which people can't seem to wrap their heads around is Surf was outplayed from the get go.
As I teach my DD with every goal or loss or whatever when she wants to scream about a mean player or ref- if you took control of the game and handled business you wouldn't be in this position. Surf didn't.
Again difference between the mentality of a champion and not.

2. Her peer ran to compensate across the field for her, shocking, and inadvertently fouled someone.
3. Wall of four on the most talented striker- odd especially when you saw the set up

What people are disputing which people can't seem to wrap their heads around is Surf was outplayed from the get go.
As I teach my DD with every goal or loss or whatever when she wants to scream about a mean player or ref- if you took control of the game and handled business you wouldn't be in this position. Surf didn't.

My DD was eliminated in bracket play but after reading all the post I have a question, if Surf got outplayed, if Arsenal dominated, why was the score 0-0 until this unfortunate play? By all the negative posts regarding Surf, I thought Arsenal would have won +++ 3-0. By the score, seems like a pretty even match until the refs blew a call. Just an outsiders interpretation.

Kickball is terrible soccer and I would expect more out of club soccer! We don't spend thousands and thousands of dollars on training to have our dd's playing kickball. You want them learning how to play the game properly at a young age and to say that they can't connect more than 3 passes at 13 years old is sad. Ecnl teams don't play kickball and I would expect no da teams next season to play kickball. Just saying!
everyones taste is different. I'm on an island here but i like watching speed on speed. maybe booting it every time isn't good but having your fastest player do their thing is fun. then the other kids can go chase it down in the trenches and get scoring chances.

My DD was eliminated in bracket play but after reading all the post I have a question, if Surf got outplayed, if Arsenal dominated, why was the score 0-0 until this unfortunate play? By all the negative posts regarding Surf, I thought Arsenal would have won +++ 3-0. By the score, seems like a pretty even match until the refs blew a call. Just an outsiders interpretation.

Valid question.
It should have been higher. There was a gorgeous play in the first 8. Multiple opportunities abounded. Credit to 3 on Surf she stopped momentum and plays with grit.
The game is an excellent teaching tool. I can't speak to exact number of surf shots but I can tell you the Arsenal goalie was only pressured once and that was in the first two minutes.
You can get outplayed and out hustled with a low scoring game.
To be frank one of the tenants of DA is eliminating those high scoring games - translation boot to my fast forward.
Watch the game- see who spends the first seven minutes with the ball in the air.

Can I get a an Amen !

Back