National Cup - 04s - Tech Specs

Nice job Arsenal! Congrats!
Would the results have been any different w/o Arsenal's borrowed players? Just asking! I wanted to see 11 "white" numbered players on the field, but I think I only counted 7 at one time. :( Hopefully that doesn't mean too many of them were sitting on the bench?

Would the results have been any different w/o Arsenal's borrowed players? Just asking! I wanted to see 11 "white" numbered players on the field, but I think I only counted 7 at one time. :( Hopefully that doesn't mean too many of them were sitting on the bench?
For the record, my daughter doesn't play for Arsenal just happy for what they've accomplished. Nice, talented girls (that played on ODP team with my daughter).

Are you freaking bonkers man ... there were no borrowed players ! The the team that is National Cup Champs is the same team that played in CRL ... You can ask Surf ... fair & Square .... Don't hate ... subjugate!

Are you freaking bonkers man ... there were no borrowed players ! The the team that is National Cup Champs is the same team that played in CRL ... You can ask Surf ... fair & Square .... Don't hate ... subjugate!

Kudos to both Arsenal and Surf, my DDs team was knocked out last Saturday. This time of year brings a lot of changes. Chatter on our sideline last week is
4 Surf starters are leaving. Not sure why any one would leave that team, they are playing great soccer.
Best of luck to everyone's DD next year.

A win is win... but to bad the Ref missed the 2 handballs in the box... right before the goal!!

Here is the link to watch for yourselves.

Enjoy!!

Wow that's a crazy contrast of styles. Surf trying to play on the ground, keep the ball, Arsenal booting it long every opportunity and chasing. Gotta hand it to Arsenal for capitalizing on the Surf defender's mistake and foul. Sometimes it comes down to one play. I wonder if these two teams will meet again at Regionals?

Thanks for posting the link.

Wow that's a crazy contrast of styles. Surf trying to play on the ground, keep the ball, Arsenal booting it long every opportunity and chasing. Gotta hand it to Arsenal for capitalizing on the Surf defender's mistake and foul. Sometimes it comes down to one play. I wonder if these two teams will meet again at Regionals?

Thanks for posting the link.

The fact that a Surf parent has no idea why this is the funniest post on this thread so far I find amusing.
Notice no one else even went there with the two CB involved...

Not the style I was expecting. Did they edit out the passing and edit in all the kickball? Had to stop watching.
Anyone watch what link of the 05 final?
I watched the first half. I don't think I saw more than 2 passes in a row. I know that at this level, there is a ton of speed, so teams don't have the time they are used to against slower teams. I'm just surprised how little passing there was.

Anyone watch what link of the 05 final?
I watched the first half. I don't think I saw more than 2 passes in a row. I know that at this level, there is a ton of speed, so teams don't have the time they are used to against slower teams. I'm just surprised how little passing there was.
Be sure to watch the 03 National Cup Championship game and there was no passing in this game at all. All 50/50 balls in the air. What happened to connecting on the ground???

Soccer 123 - Mis-characterization of Arsenal's play- we don't always play that way - our play is a mix of Speed and Verticality mixed w/ Possession.

When confronted with a more skilled possession team, we play to our advantage . . . especially when faced against pure possession teams Like Surf, who are highly skilled and take advantage of lanes and runs . . .this is when you find us playing the Physical / speed / vertical game ... we played to our advantage, kept the ball away from the feet and moved the ball forward through the air, which ultimately was very disruptive to Surfs game plan. my 2 cents

Soccer 123 - Mis-characterization of Arsenal's play- we don't always play that way - our play is a mix of Speed and Verticality mixed w/ Possession.

When confronted with a more skilled possession team, we play to our advantage . . . especially when faced against pure possession teams Like Surf, who are highly skilled and take advantage of lanes and runs . . .this is when you find us playing the Physical / speed / vertical game ... we played to our advantage, kept the ball away from the feet and moved the ball forward through the air, which ultimately was very disruptive to Surfs game plan. my 2 cents
Lmao, you are delusional....your DD's team plays some major 8th grade kickball!

I guess the good news is that our g04 team doesn't be play that bad, compared to the champs. Just not quite as big or fast across the whole roster.

I am sure your AYSO extra team would not fare well on a Crl pitch.
Sorry but all this belly aching is getting annoying . Part of the game is the mental strength and grit. Quit slamming Arsenal at least they play with heart and soul.
I am no RB Fan but I am not going to discount some exceptional Arsenal girls!

After all this banter I decided to watch part of the game with my son yesterday. The interesting thing even he was able to pick up was that even when Surf received the ball in the air without a lot of pressure, they were not able to settle it. At this leave I assume all the girls know how to do this so Striker is right that Surf did not have the mental maturity in this game. Arsenal was the better team and I hate to say it but RB was the better coach Saturday.

After all this banter I decided to watch part of the game with my son yesterday. The interesting thing even he was able to pick up was that even when Surf received the ball in the air without a lot of pressure, they were not able to settle it. At this leave I assume all the girls know how to do this so Striker is right that Surf did not have the mental maturity in this game. Arsenal was the better team and I hate to say it but RB was the better coach Saturday.
RB was in Sin City on Saturday. :)

what does everyone got against kickball? ground game is boring. they really can't connect more than 3 max at 13 yo. As in american football establish the run game (ground) then beat them in the air. Get the ball deep take the top off the defense. Club soccer is competitive so winning should be okay. just MHO

Back