Making Sense of the Leagues

That said, Blue Star/Stack Sports is making major moves to eat SI and Affinities lunch, with their now rebranded "connect" products (Association, Club and League, Tournament, Referee, Team, etc.) so maybe it was just forward thinking on the DPL's part.
Or maybe it is who owns it???

Or maybe it is who owns it???
Who owns BlueStar now Stack Sports? Providence Equity Partners, Genstar Capital, NFL's investment group (32 Equity) and Jerry Jones' family are major investors. What makes Blue Star a force is US Soccer has adopted the platform and US Football has too. Having these NGB's adopt a platform is huge because the youth affiliates will be encouraged to move to the platform for interoperability purposes.

I saw a few social media posts with #wcfcecnl .
They made the finals and had a good run.
Yes, our West Coast 04 ECNL team name will switch over to OC Surf after July 1. ECNL still has playoffs which end last week of June. That's when ECNL is done with their season. Our entire team will be staying with OC Surf. Yes, we lost in the Manchester championship but was a good run.

No most clubs are not unethical. There might be a coach or two at a club that is unethical, but all of my friends still have their priorities straight and their ethics intact. That is why they are still my friends.
And to justify this behavior because "everyone does it" is the root of the problem and why nothing will change. Parents don't hold them accountable. After last season's DPL fiasco and lies, I would ask for my money back.

Name your ethical club...

Yes, our West Coast 04 ECNL team name will switch over to OC Surf after July 1. ECNL still has playoffs which end last week of June. That's when ECNL is done with their season. Our entire team will be staying with OC Surf. Yes, we lost in the Manchester championship but was a good run.
It was a good run. It is still early but do you know what league your OC Surf team will be playing in? #curious

I just saw a tournament schedule that listed a team as DPL2.
What the heck is that? Is there a DPL2 league now? Or what flight in scdsl will this be?

What the heck is that? Is there a DPL2 league now? Or what flight in scdsl will this be?
No DPL2 as of today but don’t give them any more stupid ideas.

I am sure the 04 manager at West Coast is as confused as hell with all the marketing and just made a mistake when registering the team.

I did notice that like Albion, they are ethnical and use the name “03 DA Pilot” instead of DPL pilot. I had more faith in these guys. I guess that went out the window when they joined Surf.

If you look at the OC Surf website: http://ocsurfsoccer.com/tryouts-2/
The coach, Filipovic, has two teams. A DPL and Flight 1 2004 team. This appears to simply be a naming convention used by the coach/team manager to designate their Flight 1 team for purposes of the tournament. The coach is likely doing this for political purposes as the coach figures out which players will play on which team over the summer.

Back