Las Vegas Players College Showcase

Since you play for Albion make double sure your son is never alone with the coach and block the coaches phone number on your son's cell phone.

Stay as close to the fields as possible, preferably at a hotel that serves breakfast. Get out of Vegas as fast as you can on Sunday, the traffic south on 15 gets progressively worse as the day goes on. If you can't leave until Sunday afternoon. Consider spending the night and leaving early Monday.

Have done this couple of times and will be there this week for the third time.

Its too late for this year but in the future, stay in a hotel away from the strip (we request Grandview, because its a timeshare like setup with each unit with two lockout suits; hence reducing the cost to half). It also has a washer and dryer in each suite. There are others alike in town.

Have left when the game ended around 3pm and took us 2 hours to get to the state line. Have left around 6pm and no traffic to speak of. This year our game ends around 2pm so we'll check the traffic and most likely relax and have dinner in LV, then leave bit later. Many fly in and fly out.

The tournament is really geared towards college showcase format without a playoff once you get to U16+. Betty Wilson and Heritage Park are the two main recruiting sites - college coaches everywhere. The lower ages can be spread out and no coaches in sight.

Vegas is Vegas. You know what you're getting yourself into when you agree to go there. Weather is mild this time of the year so that's good.

The rest is what you make of it...

Has anyone been to the fields at Silver Bowl? Looks like the whole 03 division will be playing there. From a the satellite view on Google, the fields look less than desirable. Would be good to hear some feedback if anyone has been there....

Has anyone been to the fields at Silver Bowl? Looks like the whole 03 division will be playing there. From a the satellite view on Google, the fields look less than desirable. Would be good to hear some feedback if anyone has been there....
Last couple years, Heritage and Silver Bowl were pretty much dirt and dead grass. They added Adventura starting last year and those fields were great with mid morning-early afternoon strong wind gusts.

Hmm. That doesn't sound promising. I would've thought they would make sure there were solid fields for this age group given the recruiting eye being turned to 2021s...

Hmm. That doesn't sound promising. I would've thought they would make sure there were solid fields for this age group given the recruiting eye being turned to 2021s...

Not many eyes will be checking 03s, but if they will, please keep us posted

The 00~02 take more priority than 03 still. Plenty of those age players without commits.

Silverbowl is not bad, when we played there last (3 year ago). This year, our younger's age group (B02) is there. Its next to the stadium that UNLV uses for football, I think.

We did not find it windy but its high desert so should expect it. All that said though, Betty Wilson and Heritage are the two primary college sites.

The 00~02 take more priority than 03 still. Plenty of those age players without commits.

Silverbowl is not bad, when we played there last (3 year ago). This year, our younger's age group (B02) is there. Its next to the stadium that UNLV uses for football, I think.

We did not find it windy but its high desert so should expect it. All that said though, Betty Wilson and Heritage are the two primary college sites.
Only wind experienced at Adventura. It could be due to it's in the middle of no where!

Very unlikely that many college coaches will spend much time at the 03 age group. IMO

Last couple years, Heritage and Silver Bowl were pretty much dirt and dead grass......

Don't know about Heritage but Silverbowl fields are in great shape. All green with no dirt patches.

Field setup is bit on the short side.

Hi all. Looking for someone local (LV) who records game. The tournament wasn't able to provide coverage at Adventura fields.

Agreed Xolo... In our group, we have two teams in the 300+ national GotSoccer rankings, one in the 600's and one in the 1700. The 1700 team didn't win a game in SCDSL filght one (0-8-2) and they loaded up with their ECNL players and beat all three of us. (one game 7-1) I didn't expect that from CDA Slammers HB but they took a page out of RB's playbook this year... I bet they'll do the same at SC... The rules say 5 guest players but I counted way more than 5 patches during warm ups and then all girls put on regular slammers jersey's for the game with taped numbers... It's been a great weekend so far and a great experience all together but as long as there's ways around rules, someone will find a way to do it. Not sure what they have to gain from it and if they wanted their ECNL girls to stay sharp, why not play them in the USYS and get some scout exposure to boot???

We have been at Silver Bowl and the fields are absolute S#$t!!! pot holes, slopes, slow grass and no lines.... Super disappointed with that part.... couple the crappy fields with significant wind (which we've had) and anything can happen in any competitive game.

Back