LA Premier FC - Girls Academy Information

ADPSOCCER

SILVER ELITE
LA Premier Girls DA information starting to be released on website: http://www.lapremierfc.com/football/girlsacademy

G03/04 tryout dates released have also been released.
Nick Gumpert (LAPFC Girls DOC and USSF A license coach will head this age group).

The tryouts are going to be held at La Canada High School Stadium Field:

Im confused by playing time expectation. Is the only expectation that each player will start 25% of the time, or will play at least 25% of each game.

Interesting to watch as parents slowly begin to understand the implications of professional style soccer.
Next big shoe to drop - no reentry and limited subs.
By design some player won't suit (any team with more than 18) and some won't play (not enough subs for all 18).
25% Start, doesn't mean 25% play time, could be no play time for three games and limited the fourth.
Clubs are in a mad dash to sign players, which means they will tell players what they want to hear - wait for the season to start and then reality sets in.

Many are being mislead, over the last 15-20 years, from USY to the Red Bull League to ECNL to DA to whatever the next league is... The best clubs continue to have the best results, access to a league does not make your club any better (See CRL or any league results).

Interesting to watch as parents slowly begin to understand the implications of professional style soccer.
By design some player won't suit (any team with more than 18) and some won't play (not enough subs for all 18).
25% Start, doesn't mean 25% play time, could be no play time for three games and limited the fourth.
Clubs are in a mad dash to sign players, which means they will tell players what they want to hear - wait for the season to start and then reality sets in.

Many are being mislead, over the last 15-20 years, from USY to the Red Bull League to ECNL to DA to whatever the next league is... The best clubs continue to have the best results, access to a league does not make your club any better (See CRL or any league results).

Is there a limited number of subs allowed per half? It sounds like unless you are top 11, you won't see much playtime.

GDA is following FIFA rules for re-entry. There are open rules for number of players allowed to be substituted during a game (Pro Team - 3, National Team - 6, Other/Agreed (open) - unlimited). I keep seeing misunderstanding of FIFA rules - 23 kids can play during the game. And actually, GDA is going to stress development of players and play time - not what you see today when the best 11 are out there most of game and kids sit on bench.

Clubs are actually not in a mad dash to sign players for the reason you state - only non-ECNL teams are dashing since they need to build rosters and have the freedom to do this at this time. The big 4 ECNL teams in SoCal are actually a bit quiet on the GDA; but, on the low trying to keep there players from shifting to these non-ECNL clubs (based on my DD and others I know). What do you think they are hiding? I am sure if you ask a GDA club questions they will be answered.

How are they being mislead? I would expect best clubs will have best results. Access to a certain league actually can make a team better when that league places coaching and training mandates as part of the agreement to join the league. A few of the early GDA dropouts were for financial reasons because they could not afford the coaching or facilities requirements (no matter what you read in their public statements).

GDA is following FIFA rules for re-entry. There are open rules for number of players allowed to be substituted during a game (Pro Team - 3, National Team - 6, Other/Agreed (open) - unlimited). I keep seeing misunderstanding of FIFA rules - 23 kids can play during the game. And actually, GDA is going to stress development of players and play time - not what you see today when the best 11 are out there most of game and kids sit on bench.

Clubs are actually not in a mad dash to sign players for the reason you state - only non-ECNL teams are dashing since they need to build rosters and have the freedom to do this at this time. The big 4 ECNL teams in SoCal are actually a bit quiet on the GDA; but, on the low trying to keep there players from shifting to these non-ECNL clubs (based on my DD and others I know). What do you think they are hiding? I am sure if you ask a GDA club questions they will be answered.

How are they being mislead? I would expect best clubs will have best results. Access to a certain league actually can make a team better when that league places coaching and training mandates as part of the agreement to join the league. A few of the early GDA dropouts were for financial reasons because they could not afford the coaching or facilities requirements (no matter what you read in their public statements).

Great post. Thanks!

As for the "Big 4 ECNL teams in So Cal....", I can almost guarantee the head coach for the DA 03 and 04 teams has already started putting rosters together. I don't think there are any restrictions related to the 04's since they are not in ECNL as of now (with the exception of the 04's playing up on 03 teams), but the 03's are a little more tricky. As of now, I am sure these HC's are making informal (verbal) offers to current ECNL players.

Each of these Big 4 ECNL teams has players they don't want to risk losing to another organization. So these coaches have to be proactive to make sure those girls stick around.

All supposition on my part, but I would bet a dollar I am either spot on with my assessment or pretty darn close.

When you have 18-23 on a team, how are they all going to get good play time? Especially with sub rules? It seems to me that a real developmental team would have 15-16 to truly ensure good play time. They develop on the field, not on the bench.

Back