LA Premier FC - DA Opinions/Thoughts

PSS friend if DIDO had sunscribed to the practices and philosophy of his previous "bosses" he would have left that place years ago, but he didn't. So he has a history of being able to work in that type of environment lol

S17 she was quoting Barry not Dido...
BR is coaching the 2001/02 combined age group and stated clearly the three things LAPFC will attempt to develop in players is what is being passed down from US Soccer:
1) Being able to escape pressure in small areas with high technical ability;
2) To be tactically proficient to find space between the lines when played against teams that close space quickly and sit deep;
3) To be explosive over initial 3 yards to take advantage of space created.

**None of this is related to actual "size" of player.

BR did state he doesn't like to lose but there are many ways to win with appropriate development.
BR and Dido are on the same page with development philosophy but reach out to Dido directly: Dido@lapremierfc.com.

There is a clear reason why Dido was hired in this age group... Development first.

Isn't this Didos team?
If so I am sorry but you are way off base about him.
As a matter of fact dido is so focused on development and the right things that it actually pisses his alpha parents off

Actually, not making a judgement on LA Premier, BR, or Dido and was just sharing information. Dido wasn't at the meeting so we didn't get to hear his philosophy and I have heard only good things about him, although BR did say that Dido also always plays to win making his team a tough opponent in WPSL. I was commenting on the hopes of some posters that DA was representing something different than what currently exists, an opportunity for those oft overlooked technical, but smaller players and/or a development over winning approach. Nothing in last night's meeting suggested that would be the case. It seems that it will be different in terms of number of training days, quality of coaches, focus on what is in the curriculum, and commitment from players and their families. That's all. Who doesn't like winning?

Do you have an 04?
If you do email Dido. I am telling you if he saw this thread he would be mortified. The irony is so rich here ...for those of us in the know it really is rich. This isn't Didos philosophy and it's not who he is at all

Again, he wasn't there, and I am not sure what I said that would mortify him. I just said they would pick the best players, wherever they may live, in order to win games now, not players with a lot of potential to be developed over time to win games in some distant future. I didn't say they wouldn't develop their players. It sounds like Dido is a great hire and I guessed that his training on Sunday would bring a lot more 04s out.

Again, he wasn't there, and I am not sure what I said that would mortify him. I just said they would pick the best players, wherever they may live, in order to win games now, not players with a lot of potential to be developed over time to win games in some distant future. I didn't say they wouldn't develop their players. It sounds like Dido is a great hire and I guessed that his training on Sunday would bring a lot more 04s out.

Can I point out that 2850, not including travel, is insane. What is the return on investment here?

For those of you hoping that the DA was about development over winning and that smaller, more technical players that were previously passed over for strength, size, and speed would be be given a chance in the DA environment, I am afraid you will be disappointed.

it's a DA team.. why would you expect free passes to someone who's not at level - I don't think strength, size and speed as you mentioned have anything to do with who makes it on the DA teams - of course they're looking for top players - it's DA -- I'm sure any player that shows exceptional skill, regardless of strength, size, and speed as you mentioned, will make the DA team... Dido's style is all about skill period --- now exceptional soccer skills do come with speed and strength and a lot other qualities

Those who make it on the DA team will have a good opportunity to develop individually and as a team with Coach Dido - but you have to be at that level to make it into the team to begin with

it's a DA team.. why would you expect free passes to someone who's not at level - I don't think strength, size and speed as you mentioned have anything to do with who makes it on the DA teams - of course they're looking for top players - it's DA -- I'm sure any player that shows exceptional skill, regardless of strength, size, and speed as you mentioned, will make the DA team... Dido's style is all about skill period --- now exceptional soccer skills do come with speed and strength and a lot other qualities

Those who make it on the DA team will have a good opportunity to develop individually and as a team with Coach Dido - but you have to be at that level to make it into the team to begin with

Actually that is not correct
Certain clubs want non skilled trees

you may be right but conversation is about Coach Dido and LAPFC DA teams

Actually again read. You stated it was a Da team implying a general consensus that their philosophies are consistent with Dido.
They aren't.
As a matter of fact MOST DA are not adhering to what Dido would foster or want to be frank.

Actually that is not correct
Certain clubs want non skilled trees

I hear this argument a lot about shorter players with good technical skills being overlooked for taller players from same age group - reality is, most of the time I see this, the shorter player with good technical skills just can't overcome the taller player with same or better technical skills during tryouts, game, etc.

It's life and parents need to accept it - coach will go with better player - height alone has nothing to do with it.

I've seen plenty of taller girls loose spots to shorter girls on flight 1 teams purely on skill - shorter girl clearly demonstrated exceptional ability to overcome taller girl under pressure, in attack mode, etc

BR is coaching the 2001/02 combined age group and stated clearly the three things LAPFC will attempt to develop in players is what is being passed down from US Soccer:
1) Being able to escape pressure in small areas with high technical ability;
2) To be tactically proficient to find space between the lines when played against teams that close space quickly and sit deep;
3) To be explosive over initial 3 yards to take advantage of space created.

**None of this is related to actual "size" of player.

Thank you for sharing this.

Can I point out that 2850, not including travel, is insane. What is the return on investment here?

Assuming they are following DA guidelines on number of sessions, field space for teams, coach travel, team travel, trainers, etc., I actual think that represents just about a breakeven for the club, and I have seen two different academy club budgets. That is assuming all scholarships are either funded by the non-academy club/players or through donations. In other words, they are not charging the Academy players more to fund the scholarships, they are doing this another way.

ROI -- that is another story.

Isn't this Didos team?
If so I am sorry but you are way off base about him.
As a matter of fact dido is so focused on development and the right things that it actually pisses his alpha parents off
Well said and completely agree. Gotta love those alpha parents.

Actually again read. You stated it was a Da team implying a general consensus that their philosophies are consistent with Dido.
They aren't.
As a matter of fact MOST DA are not adhering to what Dido would foster or want to be frank.
This looks like a good place to chime in. You are correct that most will be status quo because those in charge of the ECNL teams are rolling with the same coaches to DA. With that being said. What would make anyone think anyone would be different than what they are doing?. There are only three coaches /staffs that my kid was going to play for when she made the final move before college. They were 1)Ingrassia/Joyner/Demelo/Arrache 2) Martins/Ritson and 3)Dido. None were ECNL including Dido while at Blues but he had the B team and all have the reputation and the results on the field that will exceed what US Soccer wants cause they don't know what they want. In fact these guys should be running the NT's. As far as Dido at LA Premier he is only there because of the same philosophies. He would probably not be there if their was not consensus.

Back