LA Premier FC - DA Opinions/Thoughts

SoccerLA

BRONZE
I'm thinking about bringing my G04 to LA Premier FC DA tryouts.. does anyone have information about coaching here or any opinions? Current season Coast League results aren't too promising. I assume they will rely heavily on new and/or recruited players coming to club for DA

any info will help - thanks

Just show up and drive off. LA Premier's (all GDA Club's) evaluation of your 04 daughter doesn't mean nothing outside of a evaluation. Focus on the pressure your daughter will be under and find that comfort zone that only you and love ones know exist. Listen to what the coach says to do and show out. Do not apply any pressure on your daughter outside of the pressures she will put on herself.

It's doesn't matter who the coach is just bring your daughter and she will be HER version of 10. Good luck

SLA, my DD guested there a few years ago for a cross county trip to Jefferson Cup in VA. Jeff Cup is one of the top tournaments in the US. That team was highly ranked and aged out already. Great kids, lots of club resources, smart families. She learned a lot from a coach who is no longer there. They also seem to have a lot of connections to elite college coaches. La Canada HS is a great place to train and located in a great area. Based upon my DD's experience I would give them a good look.

I have twins (boy/girl) who has been with LAPFC for a number of years. It is a strong club with plenty of resources for college recruiting, etc. They focus on development and usually don't "recruit" top kids with scholarships. Therefore, they have strong teams (CSL Premier level) but typically not competitive on a national scale. They generally are much stronger on the girls side as the competition for boys talent in the area is tough with FC Golden State so close. It is a large club with 2-3 teams at each age/gender level with a strong parent participation.

Given the proximity to other DA clubs (good distance away), they expect a large number of players from outside the current club to tryout.

Good luck!

Being from the area and once part of the LAPFC family, it doesn't hurt to try out, go to some of the practices and see if you like the coach. I will warn that coaching is a carousel there and few coaches stay long; direct experience and knowledge from parents on boys and girls side. If you are from that area, I would suggest also giving SoCal Academy a try as well. otherwise, you will have to travel pretty far for a quality girls program.

I'm thinking about bringing my G04 to LA Premier FC DA tryouts.. does anyone have information about coaching here or any opinions? Current season Coast League results aren't too promising. I assume they will rely heavily on new and/or recruited players coming to club for DA

any info will help - thanks

My honest opinion is to look at either driving north to Real SoCal or east to SoCal Academy and trying to get on one of those teams. The youngers at LAPFC were a mess last year, 04/05/06 it was tough to watch and they seemed to get worse as their seasons went on. I'm new to area and have done a lot of research/observing of games and tryouts. I'm not buying the DA lure, I just want my kids on good teams with good coaches.

Join us at the LA Premier FC - Academy Informational Meetings

meeting_usda.jpg

We invite all interested parties to join us on Thursday 16th February to learn more about the Development Academy Program at LA Premier FC.

The meetings with be held at the Pasadena Hilton Hotel // 168 S. Robles Ave, Pasadena CA.

Schedule of Events:

6:00pm - 7:15pm -- Boys DA (2006 and 2007) and Girls Pre-Academy (2005-2008)

7:30-9:00pm -- Girls Development Academy (1999-2004)

* Please make sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time so we can be efficient with your time.

For more information please contact Barry Ritson // BRitson@lapremierfc.com

LAPFC Hire Dido Tshimanga as Head Coach for the LA Premier Academy 2004 Team.

Dido_Tshimanga.JPG

We are excited to announce Dido Tshimanga will join the LA Premier Academy Staff for the 2017/18 Season. Dido comes to us from SoCal Blues and SoCal FC WPSL Program.

A USSF 'B' license coach, Dido will join the staff to compete at the highest level of soccer in the United States for young females.

"Dido has a proven track record of teaching young competitive players in the hotbed of soccer here in Southern California. Dido has always impressed us when competing against his teams and his experience, education and infectious personality will be a great addition to a fantastic staff already at the club. The future is bright at LA Premier." Barry Ritson -- Executive Director.

For more information on the 2004 team, contact Dido directly -- Dido@lapremierfc.com
LAPFC Academy Page: http://www.lapremierfc.com/football/girlsacademy
Tryout Request Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TheLAAcademy

Anyone at these tryouts last night? How was turnout and quality? Any revelations about DAII?
My DD was at the 04 tryouts on Saturday and Sunday, not Friday evening.

Turnout was surprisingly sparse. I was told that Friday's turnout was better, and that some kids were not there due to other soccer commitments (CRL and other).

Staff did a good job. I got the impression it's a well-run club.

I cannot really speak to the quality, since I still don't know too much about soccer and don't know what the staff was looking for. A few players had a lot of skill, others had less skill but lots of aggressiveness, and a few kids probably won't make the cut. There were not enough strong players present to field a full team. But I'm betting the allure of Academy will eventually help them get all the players they need.

I have to say that Dido is completely focused on development and skill. He teaches the right way!
I wouldn't get caught up in numbers because at the end of the day you will be in the same system as Beach et al. You will be going against them and battling it out. Maybe the first two years of academy teams and clubs that the giants don't think belong will get crushed- but who cares! You are in an academy with a great coach and solid curriculum. Better that your daughter plays a significant amount of time than be a bottom 20 percent on one of these so called "super teams"
We will see how stoked the alpha parents are when the substitution and start rule requirements are kept in check- those girls that lived at the 11-18 range on a roster better bring a blanket

when the substitution and start rule requirements are kept in check- those girls that lived at the 11-18 range on a roster better bring a blanket
I believe this is the reason 11-18 better be prepared. This is more practice less game and I wouldn't be surprised if they play in shifts. 4 days a week going hard needs recovery and no coach or parent controls when our dds bodies need to recover. I just have a strong feeling earned playing time won't be an issue. Recovery will be focused on.

I believe this is the reason 11-18 better be prepared. This is more practice less game and I wouldn't be surprised if they play in shifts. 4 days a week going hard needs recovery and no coach or parent controls when our dds bodies need to recover. I just have a strong feeling earned playing time won't be an issue. Recovery will be focused on.

I love your optimism but at the end of the day >90% of coaches want to win first and will play their first 11-15 players in order to accomplish that.

LAPFC Hire Dido Tshimanga as Head Coach for the LA Premier Academy 2004 Team.

Dido_Tshimanga.JPG

We are excited to announce Dido Tshimanga will join the LA Premier Academy Staff for the 2017/18 Season. Dido comes to us from SoCal Blues and SoCal FC WPSL Program.

A USSF 'B' license coach, Dido will join the staff to compete at the highest level of soccer in the United States for young females.

"Dido has a proven track record of teaching young competitive players in the hotbed of soccer here in Southern California. Dido has always impressed us when competing against his teams and his experience, education and infectious personality will be a great addition to a fantastic staff already at the club. The future is bright at LA Premier." Barry Ritson -- Executive Director.

For more information on the 2004 team, contact Dido directly -- Dido@lapremierfc.com
LAPFC Academy Page: http://www.lapremierfc.com/football/girlsacademy
Tryout Request Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TheLAAcademy

Dido will be training players interested in the Academy at LA Premier at the 2004 age group, this SUNDAY 19th FEB at La Canada High School from 4-5:30pm.

For more information contact Dido@lapremierfc.com

For those of you hoping that the DA was about development over winning and that smaller, more technical players that were previously passed over for strength, size, and speed would be be given a chance in the DA environment, I am afraid you will be disappointed. At least, based on the LA Premier meeting last night, that is not the case. The meeting was very organized and there was a long presentation, but they didn't take any questions last night so not everything was clarified. However, what was very clear is that they will take the "best" kids from anywhere in order to field the most competitive teams because Barry "does not like to lose". I don't know who likes to lose, but sometimes we lose games while trying to teach and encourage kids to use the proper fundamentals, implement what they learned in practice, and to experiment without fear of reprisal. I sincerely wish the best of luck to these teams and coaches. The cost of playing DA at LA Premier is $2850 which includes uniforms, training gear, 4 training days per week, baseline concussion testing, heart monitoring, Athletic Gaines training, and registration. It does not include travel expenses. It was mentioned several times that applications for scholarships are readily available. DAII teams will pay less, but uniforms and training gear will not be included. It will be interesting to see if the additional training days and focus on teaching players "how to escape pressure in small spaces" will have any effect on the quality of our YNT in the long run.

For those of you hoping that the DA was about development over winning and that smaller, more technical players that were previously passed over for strength, size, and speed would be be given a chance in the DA environment, I am afraid you will be disappointed. At least, based on the LA Premier meeting last night, that is not the case. The meeting was very organized and there was a long presentation, but they didn't take any questions last night so not everything was clarified. However, what was very clear is that they will take the "best" kids from anywhere in order to field the most competitive teams because Barry "does not like to lose". I don't know who likes to lose, but sometimes we lose games while trying to teach and encourage kids to use the proper fundamentals, implement what they learned in practice, and to experiment without fear of reprisal. I sincerely wish the best of luck to these teams and coaches. The cost of playing DA at LA Premier is $2850 which includes uniforms, training gear, 4 training days per week, baseline concussion testing, heart monitoring, Athletic Gaines training, and registration. It does not include travel expenses. It was mentioned several times that applications for scholarships are readily available. DAII teams will pay less, but uniforms and training gear will not be included. It will be interesting to see if the additional training days and focus on teaching players "how to escape pressure in small spaces" will have any effect on the quality of our YNT in the long run.
Did you attend the tryouts as well?

Did you attend the tryouts as well?

No, I haven't taken my DD to tryouts, yet. A friend of mine said that the 03 tryouts had a lot of girls from outside the area, from OC and Irvine even. I asked if the quality of the girls that showed up was high and she said that it was and she was worried about her daughter, who has been on the A team at LA Premier the last few years, making the DA team.

I heard that the 04 tryouts were not so well attended, but the training with Dido this Sunday may bring more girls out. I believe the 04 tryouts were prior to the Dido announcement.

Isn't this Didos team?
If so I am sorry but you are way off base about him.
As a matter of fact dido is so focused on development and the right things that it actually pisses his alpha parents off

No, I haven't taken my DD to tryouts, yet. A friend of mine said that the 03 tryouts had a lot of girls from outside the area, from OC and Irvine even. I asked if the quality of the girls that showed up was high and she said that it was and she was worried about her daughter, who has been on the A team at LA Premier the last few years, making the DA team.

I heard that the 04 tryouts were not so well attended, but the training with Dido this Sunday may bring more girls out. I believe the 04 tryouts were prior to the Dido announcement.

Do you have an 04?
If you do email Dido. I am telling you if he saw this thread he would be mortified. The irony is so rich here ...for those of us in the know it really is rich. This isn't Didos philosophy and it's not who he is at all

Back