LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

Have we started speculation on what the various LA Galaxy groups will become? The OC group is the largest. And probably the most competitive of the non-DA/ECNL clubs across their respective leagues (I'm sure some will argue).
Do they become some version of Surf, Slammers, or Pats? Or is this the opportunity that Blues has been looking for to get into the Boys market?
Or does some old name pop back up and get re-used? (Blades, West Coast, Eclipse, etc).
Or will there be a new name popping up that we haven't seen around here?

I think this group used to be Irvine Slammers. Did they burn a bridge with Slammers and is there no chance they become some sort of Slammer?

Are parents already reaching out for tryouts for next year? Are coaches looking to move?

The LAGOC used to be FC Blades, which became Irvine Slammers, which became LAGOC. It has always been run by the same person. They absorbed some of West Coast at some point along the way. I suspect bridges were burned with Slammers FC when the club abandoned the Irvine Slammers logo and became LAGOC a few years back. At that time, a whole host of coaches left Irvine Slammers and joined Slammers FC (I imagine that also created some bad blood). I'd be shocked if LAGOC became Pats or Surf affiliates-- the LAGOC directly compete with these clubs within Irvine/OC. I suspect they adopt a new name. But to me, it is just a jersey that my kid wears (that I have to pay for).

As someone who has a player at the club currently, all the constant turmoil, re-branding, re-uniforming, and parent fleecing that results from this is getting old. I had the sense that the club was actually moving in a positive direction. They had instituted a club wide effort to raise the level of coaching through a number of different initiatives. On the girls' side, they had lost a ton of talent to local clubs like Slammers FC. So, this re-branding will probably not help parents/kids who are so quick to cut and run to someone down the street in the current climate. Who knows if this will continue. One of the selling points by groups such as Slammers FC is stability and constancy, and it is hard to argue against this point.

I was talking with a LAGOC coach last week. I mentioned "just another jersey change. Same kids, same coaching and all will be good."
He said "Yeah, sort of. We actually got a lot of great stuff from the Galaxy organization. They provided a lot of coaching education. We would go to Carson for workshops. They'd send us their goal keeping coaches. I'm kinda bummed it's going away."

I was talking with a LAGOC coach last week. I mentioned "just another jersey change. Same kids, same coaching and all will be good."
He said "Yeah, sort of. We actually got a lot of great stuff from the Galaxy organization. They provided a lot of coaching education. We would go to Carson for workshops. They'd send us their goal keeping coaches. I'm kinda bummed it's going away."
A coach said that? Wondering if the coach is newer or at lower level? Goalkeeping coaches is also an interesting topic at OC. Go through them like training socks. DOC doesn’t even go to do anything with LA. Most training done isn’t coaching related.

The LAGOC used to be FC Blades, which became Irvine Slammers, which became LAGOC. It has always been run by the same person. They absorbed some of West Coast at some point along the way. I suspect bridges were burned with Slammers FC when the club abandoned the Irvine Slammers logo and became LAGOC a few years back. At that time, a whole host of coaches left Irvine Slammers and joined Slammers FC (I imagine that also created some bad blood). I'd be shocked if LAGOC became Pats or Surf affiliates-- the LAGOC directly compete with these clubs within Irvine/OC. I suspect they adopt a new name. But to me, it is just a jersey that my kid wears (that I have to pay for).

As someone who has a player at the club currently, all the constant turmoil, re-branding, re-uniforming, and parent fleecing that results from this is getting old. I had the sense that the club was actually moving in a positive direction. They had instituted a club wide effort to raise the level of coaching through a number of different initiatives. On the girls' side, they had lost a ton of talent to local clubs like Slammers FC. So, this re-branding will probably not help parents/kids who are so quick to cut and run to someone down the street in the current climate. Who knows if this will continue. One of the selling points by groups such as Slammers FC is stability and constancy, and it is hard to argue against this point.

why I mentioned in an earlier post parents need to ask admins questions. Real questions and just accept “we have something in the works” or @we have a plan that will revolutionize”or some other bs selling nonsense. Selling 401 a) say you understand b) bash yourself but not really bash yourself c) be positive and get back to pumping up message d) leave parents with real sales message you wanted to give them since the start. In the end don’t give any real info

Sorry you are going through this. We left after last season and had one on the boys and girls side. On the girls side LAGOC screwed over an entire team and they were not able to retain one player.

Sorry you are going through this. We left after last season and had one on the boys and girls side. On the girls side LAGOC screwed over an entire team and they were not able to retain one player.
We all get "fished" every year. I was Stanley from 2015-2018. The dealerships are the clubs. Russell was my Doc back in the day :)

......He said "Yeah, sort of. We actually got a lot of great stuff from the Galaxy organization. They provided a lot of coaching education. We would go to Carson for workshops. They'd send us their goal keeping coaches. I'm kinda bummed it's going away."

I know first hand, by directly talking to couple of coaches that were involved in working with LAG and LAGOC, that they did a lot the last couple of years but this past year, not so much - best I can tell.

LAGOC just sent out an announcement to have Club Awards Night on 11/4 with a teaser "And Exciting News for 2020" so maybe something gets announced then.

For us, we don't care because our last kid is a senior in HS and this is THE LAST SEASON for youth soccer for us. After nearly 15 years of club soccer between two kids, our eye brows don't get raised very often any more so whatever the branding change is, or isn't, it will all workout in the end. Worse case scenario is that you have to find anther club...

I know first hand, by directly talking to couple of coaches that were involved in working with LAG and LAGOC, that they did a lot the last couple of years but this past year, not so much - best I can tell.

LAGOC just sent out an announcement to have Club Awards Night on 11/4 with a teaser "And Exciting News for 2020" so maybe something gets announced then.

For us, we don't care because our last kid is a senior in HS and this is THE LAST SEASON for youth soccer for us. After nearly 15 years of club soccer between two kids, our eye brows don't get raised very often any more so whatever the branding change is, or isn't, it will all workout in the end. Worse case scenario is that you have to find anther club...
Yep I can back they don’t do much. Think priorities are more about everyone wearing same gear, kicking the same balls, using same canopies and signing kids before the season ends. Development probably doesn’t make it on the top 10 list of priorities

What did you confirm and with which coaches?
Was told by a Beach coach that Galaxy SB will be absorbed by Beach. I think its good for both clubs. I feel its pretty saturated in the southbay so merging these two clubs will make it more competitive as well as eliminate some of the wide range of talent on each team. having everyone on your team around the same talent level will keep players from being held back or left behind during training.

Was told by a Beach coach that Galaxy SB will be absorbed by Beach. I think its good for both clubs. I feel its pretty saturated in the southbay so merging these two clubs will make it more competitive as well as eliminate some of the wide range of talent on each team. having everyone on your team around the same talent level will keep players from being held back or left behind during training.
I think Beach might come out the winner but I'm not very good with how the soccer biz goes. So the OC Galaxy will get "absorbed" by Beach too and now becomes, OC Beach? Maybe they take the SD Galaxy franchise and they become, SD Beach? They can compete with LA Surf, OC Surf and SD Surf. We will have a SoCal Beach Club and a Surf Club that actually Surfs at the Beach? Legends can have the IE and Blues can decide to go OC Blues, LA Blues and SD Blues to maybe have four Big Clubs handle things for all of us?

I think Beach might come out the winner but I'm not very good with how the soccer biz goes. So the OC Galaxy will get "absorbed" by Beach too and now becomes, OC Beach? Maybe they take the SD Galaxy franchise and they become, SD Beach? They can compete with LA Surf, OC Surf and SD Surf. We will have a SoCal Beach Club and a Surf Club that actually Surfs at the Beach? Legends can have the IE and Blues can decide to go OC Blues, LA Blues and SD Blues to maybe have four Big Clubs handle things for all of us?
I can only speak for Galaxy SB, the other Galaxy locations might have different plans. Until it actually happens though, I would still keep this as a possibility. But since the source isn't a parent I think it has more validity.

I can only speak for Galaxy SB, the other Galaxy locations might have different plans. Until it actually happens though, I would still keep this as a possibility. But since the source isn't a parent I think it has more validity.
I dare someone to email South bay Beach, The Galaxy of the OC and Galaxy of the South Bay with a fake email address letting them know you just relocated to the USA from Sweden and have a 12 year old dd 5 9' looking to join a team mid season. If you're on one of these teams, the info you get will most likely be wrong or I might say, off a little. This could be just another big hat no cattle merger too. Anyone from the Galaxies of the South Bay Or OC have any intel for us?

Unless it is a Director, from past history, Coaches seem to know as much about this stuff as parents do. It is all rumors until it is actually announced. Beach may come out better but if there is minimal to offer why would a club "take over" another club. From what has been said on this forum the Galaxy SB boys side left last year as they were struggling financially (I think that was said?) and with fields, so where is the benefit to any club if they are losing the Galaxy name anyway?

Unless it is a Director, from past history, Coaches seem to know as much about this stuff as parents do. It is all rumors until it is actually announced. Beach may come out better but if there is minimal to offer why would a club "take over" another club. From what has been said on this forum the Galaxy SB boys side left last year as they were struggling financially (I think that was said?) and with fields, so where is the benefit to any club if they are losing the Galaxy name anyway?
The reason to "take over" would be to keep a competitors player pool and eliminate the competition. Without Galaxy SB you just have smaller clubs in the immediate area around Beach SB. Now if you want your daughter to be in a major club team and compete against the best teams where are you going to go? FRAM? No disrespect, but a merger like this would help consolidate the best players in the area. Lots of Pros and Cons with this but I like the Pros better than the Cons. Clubs including Beach will always have room for all level of players as long as there's enough to form a team and willing to pay. Not everyone has to be Flight 1.

Back