LA Galaxy launch fully funded teams

22-24 players, mostly Galaxy, with Slammers, Blues, and Beach attendees. This could be an opportunity to stay off the 405 South for some. It will be interesting to see what the fully funded label is able to poach!
I'm loving the possibility's of "the shake-up!"

Yes Despite Galaxy's laziness in preparing for DA they hold a pretty strong card with a free pass.
A free pass isn't enough of an incentive for an unknown coaching staff. I will pay the big $$ for good coaching before sending my dd to a club with too many unknowns. Maybe those who went to tryouts were told who will be coaching. Someone has to know...but to send your dd to a team because it's free is like getting a free grab bag...you never know what you're gonna get. LA Galaxy needs to put their cards out on the table if they want parents to buy in to the free program. I don't think "fully funded" will be as much of a draw as people may think. Save $3000 and possibly lose a year in development. Hmmm

Looks like the LA Galaxy is stepping up it's game. This takes time, but KH is a great start. I don't have a DD in this fight, my oldest daughter, a college graduate, was a GK and fortunate enough to train with KH in her youth. Outstanding trainer and person. Win for the Galaxy in my opinion.

Looks like the LA Galaxy is stepping up it's game. This takes time, but KH is a great start. I don't have a DD in this fight, my oldest daughter, a college graduate, was a GK and fortunate enough to train with KH in her youth. Outstanding trainer and person. Win for the Galaxy in my opinion.

I think they're going to need some really good goalkeepers, so a good signing.

A free pass isn't enough of an incentive for an unknown coaching staff. I will pay the big $$ for good coaching before sending my dd to a club with too many unknowns. Maybe those who went to tryouts were told who will be coaching. Someone has to know...but to send your dd to a team because it's free is like getting a free grab bag...you never know what you're gonna get. LA Galaxy needs to put their cards out on the table if they want parents to buy in to the free program. I don't think "fully funded" will be as much of a draw as people may think. Save $3000 and possibly lose a year in development. Hmmm

I agree with what you are saying here. Coaching should be much more important than the annual cost of club soccer. Free is always a nice perk, but if it's free and the coaching is poor, what have you gained?

I am curious how many GDA parents are using a potential "free ride" from LAG or Pats to leverage a better deal with another GDA club? I don't expect any parent on this site to share their story (if it is happening), but I have to think there are savvy parents out there saying to Legends, Beach, Slammers, etc.......my dd has a full ride offer from LAG or Pats, so what can you do?

Still no coaching announcements for 2003/2004s, but I heard offers were given to players already.

I agree with what you are saying here. Coaching should be much more important than the annual cost of club soccer. Free is always a nice perk, but if it's free and the coaching is poor, what have you gained?

I am curious how many GDA parents are using a potential "free ride" from LAG or Pats to leverage a better deal with another GDA club? I don't expect any parent on this site to share their story (if it is happening), but I have to think there are savvy parents out there saying to Legends, Beach, Slammers, etc.......my dd has a full ride offer from LAG or Pats, so what can you do?

Already happening- but it was he opposite. Offer at Blues but went to another for a "full scholarship".
Blues couldn't match the deal!

My opinion is the coaching decisions will be made soon. I believe the new DOC, KH, will be involved. He steers the ship now. Announce the DOC then the staff. In my opinion is a good move. Maybe a little late, but it probably took a bit of negotiating to get KH. The boys side has a stellar staff. Hope it works out for the GDA. Fully funded and very little outside or parental influence is great. On the boys side parents don't even break the gates at training. They must watch from afar.

Back