LA Galaxy launch fully funded teams

and no WPSL or other semi or professional Women's teams.

Beach, Pats have WPSL teams. Both finished top two in their conferences. Plus there are several other WPSL teams in the area FC Pacific and SoCal FC based in the OC.

I just skimmed over all of the posts on here so apologies if this has already been answered, but will the girls' LA Galaxy Academy be a residency program like the boys' is?

Tryout info has been posted:
http://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2017/0...ce-tryout-information-la-galaxy-girls-academy

Register at http://lagalaxy.leagueapps.com/events/292596-ussda-girls-academy-interest-application

Friday, March 31
1999/2000 5:00 – 6:20 p.m.

Friday, March 31
2001/2002 6:20 – 7:40 p.m.

Saturday, April 1
2003 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.

Saturday, April 1
2004 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.

Friday, April 7
1999/2000 5:00 – 6:20 p.m.

Friday, April 7
2001/2002 6:20 – 7:40 p.m.

Saturday, April 8
2003 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.

Saturday, April 8
2004 2:45 – 4:15 p.m.

All at StubHub Center

Each team will consist of up to 23 players from within a 75 mile radius of StubHub Center, home of the LA Galaxy. The teams will train at StubHub Center four times each week while playing their matches in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy League throughout the region.

Any info from the Galaxy tryouts? Good turnout?
I heard only about 24-25 showed up and half were wearing Galaxy shirts. Not sure if it was invite only or if they just had a low turnout. Maybe they already know who they want and are just being very selective on who was invited.

I heard only about 24-25 showed up and half were wearing Galaxy shirts. Not sure if it was invite only or if they just had a low turnout. Maybe they already know who they want and are just being very selective on who was invited.
From what little I have seen or heard about, it seems that most clubs have an idea of who they already want, and those are normally already in-house. I don't think that is what US Soccer was planning. Time will tell.

Weren't they publicly posted open tryouts?

" Who are the official Girls DA coaches at Slammers?"

I'm interested to know if anyone has any insight on this as well.....

Back