LA County Revising Sports Guidelines on Tuesday 8/24 - per LA Times

I have no idea. I have a meeting with the Superintendent later and will report back. I think the decision is being made at the County level so not sure how much information the Superintendent will be able to provide.

If the County is calling the shots, it’s going to be bad for club soccer soon!
Yup, I'm hearing the same stuff Dre. Rules are rules. I'm shocked with how people think this is ok but it is what it is. Things start up in NorCal head quarters and then trickles down to Socal and the great OC. I prepped my dd for the worse and we prayed for the best :) I told her also that her dream of Gold is not going to happen for her in 2022 or 2026 unless she is jabbed. She has to obey, be good little girl, be humble and don;t question anyone above her and just roll sleeve up. If no obey, be left out of the fun and all the great opportunities this find country provides those who follow orders. This is one time where my family has the green light from pops to disobey these monsters orders. Native Americans have sacred obedience that comes way before these liars & fraudsters. I told you all three years ago that any group that lies to kids and especially girls ((GDA Training Center Director)) will fail.

Yup, I'm hearing the same stuff Dre. Rules are rules. I'm shocked with how people think this is ok but it is what it is. Things start up in NorCal head quarters and then trickles down to Socal and the great OC. I prepped my dd for the worse and we prayed for the best :) I told her also that her dream of Gold is not going to happen for her in 2022 or 2026 unless she is jabbed. She has to obey, be good little girl, be humble and don;t question anyone above her and just roll sleeve up. If no obey, be left out of the fun and all the great opportunities this find country provides those who follow orders. This is one time where my family has the green light from pops to disobey these monsters orders. Native Americans have sacred obedience that comes way before these liars & fraudsters. I told you all three years ago that any group that lies to kids and especially girls ((GDA Training Center Director)) will fail.
I honestly don’t know. I am a history buff and a legal eagle. I hate science. So, I defer to the science nerds in my life. Wifey and @dad4 said take the jab, so the kiddo and I took it. The jab can’t be worst than what the man gives to Marines, Sailers, and Soldiers.

I honestly don’t know. I am a history buff and a legal eagle. I hate science. So, I defer to the science nerds in my life. Wifey and @dad4 said take the jab, so the kiddo and I took it. The jab can’t be worst than what the man gives to Marines, Sailers, and Soldiers.
Miss Mac Dre wears' the pants I guess, right? You know what, come to think about it Dre, I also obey my wife and said no because she had Native reasons and deep ancestral reasons. She has the POP too, 100% and I crazy about her and will do WTF she tells me to do. If she said jabber doo or no POP, I think I would obey, not going to lie. I hope I would stand up and take her no on like I do to Dad, but not sure I could. A happy wife is a happy life :) My pal Greg took the jabs too because his wifey was afraid. I got all emotional with him because of my own fears and that was wrong. My fear goes to anger and then terror in 3 seconds. I need to calm down and I'm going to. In my double hypocrisy planks in both eyes, I will allow free choice to rule my space. Do whatever you want and be happy. I see all this as way to get us divided again Dre and I took the bait again. We can;t escape dualism, can we?

Just got off the phone with the Contra Costa Health Services Department and was informed that vaccines and weekly testing IS required for club soccer.

How are clubs going to facilitate the testing?

Just got off the phone with the Contra Costa Health Services Department and was informed that vaccines and weekly testing IS required for club soccer.

How are clubs going to facilitate the testing?
What top clubs does this hit? Are you excited with the news or is this bad news for folks like my dd?

I hope not...lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I understand why you hope so. It's cool, I know when my kind is not welcomed anymore. Please help me relocate at least foco moso. It's been hard for folks like me who believe in the Nuremberg Code #1 and Article 7. However, I dont have it in me to fight with you guys anymore. You won the big race lat night and got the most mail in and drop off votes, like ever. You guys are nasty and tried to keep me from being born and now want my arms double Jabbed and boosters forever or get out of the state now!!! No choice for my body? I see the the piece of wood in your eyes that make you a hypocrite and I can;t be around low energy people anymore. I need to buy time. My dd soccer career is over soon so she can stay or leave too. You pro-vaxxers can have it all. Enjoy getting boosters forever.
Is this nonsense allowed here? I thought this site was supposed to be about kids soccer.

Co Co County youth sports guidelines applicable regardless of vaccination status (emphasis added). Soccer is in the high risk category and transmission rates are high. Therefore, vaccination and weekly testing to prevent the spread of COVID-19 off the field, including locker rooms, transportation, and travel is required for club soccer in Co Co County. See guidelines below.

Youth Sports & Activities
Haga clic para ver información sobre los deportes juveniles y actividades

We can reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community by creating safer environments for all who participate in sports and other youth activities. The requirements and recommendations in this guidance apply to all school based and non-school based extracurricular youth activities including sports, band, chorus, and clubs, regardless of people’s vaccination status.

Safety recommendations:
Masks are required indoors for all participants, coaches, personnel, and spectators.
Masks are strongly recommended outdoors for all participants, coaches, personnel, and spectators.
COVID-19 vaccination is strongly recommended for all participants who are old enough to be vaccinated, as well as coaches, staff, and volunteers.
Limit high-risk sports and extracurricular activities to fully vaccinated youth when transmission is high. High-risk sports include but not limited to basketball, boxing, American football, futbol (indoor soccer), ice hockey, martial arts with sparring, cheer, water polo, wrestling and partner dance, racquetball, squash, kickball and volleyball. High-risk activities involve singing, shouting, and playing wind instruments.
Regular testing of unvaccinated participants and staff, including volunteers, in high-risk activities.
Testing types and frequency:
Once a week if using a PCR test
Twice a week if using a rapid antigen test
Do not accept home / self-testing results.
Hold high-risk sports and extracurricular activities outdoors, including cheer, stunt, drill team, choir, singing, drama, dance, and playing wind instruments.
Prevent the spread of COVID-19 off the field, including in locker rooms, transportation, and travel.

Coo Coo County youth sports guidelines applicable regardless of vaccination status (emphasis added). Soccer is in the high risk category and transmission rates are high. Therefore, vaccination and weekly testing to prevent the spread of COVID-19 off the field, including locker rooms, transportation, and travel is required for club soccer in Co Co County. See guidelines below.

Youth Sports & Activities
Haga clic para ver información sobre los deportes juveniles y actividades

We can reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community by creating safer environments for all who participate in sports and other youth activities. The requirements and recommendations in this guidance apply to all school based and non-school based extracurricular youth activities including sports, band, chorus, and clubs, regardless of people’s vaccination status.

Safety recommendations:
Masks are required indoors for all participants, coaches, personnel, and spectators.
Masks are strongly recommended outdoors for all participants, coaches, personnel, and spectators.
COVID-19 vaccination is strongly recommended for all participants who are old enough to be vaccinated, as well as coaches, staff, and volunteers.
Limit high-risk sports and extracurricular activities to fully vaccinated youth when transmission is high. High-risk sports include but not limited to basketball, boxing, American football, futbol (indoor soccer), ice hockey, martial arts with sparring, cheer, water polo, wrestling and partner dance, racquetball, squash, kickball and volleyball. High-risk activities involve singing, shouting, and playing wind instruments.
Regular testing of unvaccinated participants and staff, including volunteers, in high-risk activities.
Testing types and frequency:
Once a week if using a PCR test
Twice a week if using a rapid antigen test
Do not accept home / self-testing results.
Hold high-risk sports and extracurricular activities outdoors, including cheer, stunt, drill team, choir, singing, drama, dance, and playing wind instruments.
Prevent the spread of COVID-19 off the field, including in locker rooms, transportation, and travel.
Coo Coo County

Coo Coo County
Looks to me like co co county is trying to follow CDPH guidelines for schools so, more counties may follow:

16. School-Based Extracurricular Activities

The requirements and recommendations in this guidance also apply to all extracurricular activities that are operated or supervised by schools, and all activities that occur on a school site, whether or not they occur during school hours, including, but not limited to, sports, band, chorus, and clubs. Masks are required for all persons while playing all indoor sports, unless wearing a mask during play has been determined to pose a choking hazard by a well-recognized health authority, such as the American Academy of Pediatrics.[1]

For (1) the playing of musical instruments that cannot be done with a face covering (e.g., wind instruments); or (2) when wearing a mask during play poses a choking hazard, at least one of the following options is required:

a. Conduct these activities outdoors;

b. Use modified face coverings and bell coverings when playing wind and brass instruments, and maintain 6 feet of physical distancing;

c. Perform at least weekly screening testing with either PCR testing (1:1 or pooled PCR) or antigen testing of all individuals, including those who are fully vaccinated.

Schools must be in compliance with the required weekly testing no later than September 27, 2021.

Actually, I was interested in studies that supported the claim that "Soccer is in the high risk category and transmission rates are high." Are there any studies that indicate this? Also, as I argued long ago that whatever the risk of catching the virus is from playing soccer it needs to be compared to the risk of the activities those children participate in if they weren't playing soccer. Now, much more so than at the beginning of the pandemic, kids are mixing without masks.

Actually, I was interested in studies that supported the claim that "Soccer is in the high risk category and transmission rates are high." Are there any studies that indicate this? Also, as I argued long ago that whatever the risk of catching the virus is from playing soccer it needs to be compared to the risk of the activities those children participate in if they weren't playing soccer. Now, much more so than at the beginning of the pandemic, kids are mixing without masks.
Got it. Let me do some digging to see what I can find out. I’ll let you know when I know.

There are some risks but it's small, only studies I have seen are one from Surf inc. and another one from the Midwest saying the risks are very small.

One thing that surprise me recently is two college teams from up North both where out/ games cancelled the same week due to COVID-19 protocols and they happen to play each other and in the same round robin tournament the week before. A third team in that tournaments was out Friday on protocol. These teams are getting tested weekly and between their Monday tests and Thur, fri, or Saturday games things came up. Only takes one player I suppose and don't know the details but dang , due to respect for the programs, players please don't ask which universities.

Got it. Let me do some digging to see what I can find out. I’ll let you know when I know.
Thanks. I wasn't really asking you to do so. That should have been done for you. My concern is that there is a claim made but no obvious support. I would think they'd link to the research that indicates soccer is a "high risk" activity and that the activities the children would be involved with if they were prohibited from playing soccer are a lower risk.

Back