LA County Revising Sports Guidelines on Tuesday 8/24 - per LA Times

Watfly doesn't like anyone who doesn't support his anti-vax conspiracy theories. Notably Watfly had not problem with the off topic anti-vaxxer comment, just the response to it.

yep... apparently some CAN post anti-vaxxer comment anywhere but other CAN'T post the opposite unless its in the proper forum... smh

Yes. I know several clubs that are requiring players to show proof of vaccination or, if they haven't been vaccinated or don't want to answer the question, proof of a negative test within 72 hours of a game to be eligible for that game, all as required by the LA County rule. I don't know about the small clubs, but as far as the bigger clubs go, I don't know any in LA County that aren't following the new rules.
I would "assume" that would apply to non-LA teams playing a game in LA? Have you run across that yet? We have games in LA next month, curious to see what happens. I'm aware the most kids on our team are vaccinated, but I don't know for certain that all are vaccinated.

yep... apparently some CAN post anti-vaxxer comment anywhere but other CAN'T post the opposite unless its in the proper forum... smh
Let it fly today is my motto. Let's get real for reals. It's a free country. Pro-Vaxers vs the Anti-Vaxers. Let the debate begin. Espola is a big baby and won't debate crush because I crush him just about every time. He ignore me two years ago because I won the debates. This is a very decisive issue, just like when Hillary got her ass handed to her in 2016. Folks like you and Golden Gate and Espola have been ruining lives with all your bull shit and lies. We could have done this without the scam btw. I am a God fearing and independent thinker and when I think, I think the worse about you.

Is LA County providing free testing, or do parents have to foot the bill?

For San Diego city schools if you're deemed "exposed", vaccinated or not, you have to have to test negative 3-4x in the span of 10 days to stay in school otherwise you have to wait 14 days to return to school. The bar has been set pretty low for the definition of exposed...basically being in the same room as someone who is positive. Testing is provided free of charge, although the testing sites rotate so it may not be available at your school.

On my son's team, I'm pretty sure everyone who wasn't already vaccinated either got vaccinated or they already had free regular testing through their school. I think LA County and City of LA do still provide free testing, but I don't think they have as many mega sites as they used to have so it's likely not very convenient.

Let it fly today is my motto. Let's get real for reals. It's a free country. Pro-Vaxers vs the Anti-Vaxers. Let the debate begin. Espola is a big baby and won't debate crush because I crush him just about every time. He ignore me two years ago because I won the debates. This is a very decisive issue, just like when Hillary got her ass handed to her in 2016. Folks like you and Golden Gate and Espola have been ruining lives with all your bull shit and lies. We could have done this without the scam btw. I am a God fearing and independent thinker and when I think, I think the worse about you.
Crush my friend, I think everyday is "Let it fly today" for you. No offense but I'd recommend you also take it to off-topic.

I would "assume" that would apply to non-LA teams playing a game in LA? Have you run across that yet? We have games in LA next month, curious to see what happens. I'm aware the most kids on our team are vaccinated, but I don't know for certain that all are vaccinated.
This is is inane that some of you know who got vax and who didnt. Total gossip bull shit wat fly. This is getting way to personal for my liking. In my old church days, the elitist in the church would always go around bragging about their kids baptism. It was like, "so and so kid does not want to follow Christ and now their becoming little anti-christ. My child made the right decision" What a joke all this has become. I have to leave for work., Bye bye

Not sure since we haven't had any games against non-LA County teams yet. My guess is the clubs are mostly doing it (and documenting it) for their own teams because of insurance reasons and because their field operators require it. It's possible some leagues may be enforcing the rule, but otherwise I don't know who would be checking.

This is is inane that some of you know who got vax and who didnt. Total gossip bull shit wat fly. This is getting way to personal for my liking. In my old church days, the elitist in the church would always go around bragging about their kids baptism. It was like, "so and so kid does not want to follow Christ and now their becoming little anti-christ. My child made the right decision" What a joke all this has become. I have to leave for work., Bye bye
Slow your roll. No one is bragging and no one is being nosy. It just comes up in the course of conversation, because you know Covid is a popular topic. I can tell you that none of the parents seem to care about anyone's vaccination status.

Back to the topic at hand, have any LA clubs implemented testing of their players?

Yes those using some public facilities to practice or play may have vax and/or testing requirements.

Phasing in ranging from now to October and other deadlines looming, not sure how much clubs are involved besides the managers compiling data.

Slow your roll. No one is bragging and no one is being nosy. It just comes up in the course of conversation, because you know Covid is a popular topic. I can tell you that none of the parents seem to care about anyone's vaccination status.

Can get dicey when positive tests come around or the x day quarantines happen.

Even when a planned opposing team is canceled because of protocol everyone is snooping around for status so people care when it effects them.

Can get dicey when positive tests come around or the x day quarantines happen.

Even when a planned opposing team is canceled because of protocol everyone is snooping around for status so people care when it effects them.
Good point, the policy does promote snooping. So lets say a kid tests positive for Covid within 72 hours of game time, I assume that team can't play because they've been exposed to that player?

HS athletes test weekly too. My player gave me this after XC practice this past Monday.

Testing is going to be an issue of the schools are not going to pay for them

As of 8/31 health insurance companies no longer have to pay for weekly covid test for activity or employment purposes.

They will only pay if symptomatic or possible exposure for disease diagnotics.

Test can be $150 a week.

Testing is going to be an issue of the schools are not going to pay for them

As of 8/31 health insurance companies no longer have to pay for weekly covid test for activity or employment purposes.

They will only pay if symptomatic or possible exposure for disease diagnotics.

Test can be $150 a week.
My district informed us that we will be sent a link for weekly approval of testing. Test will be supervised by a trained staff member. The student will self administer every Monday during the season. The test will be sent off to a lab for processing. Results should come back in approximately 3 days. If the students misses the Monday test, they may not participate in sport that week.

This is from a notice from Contra Costa Health Services Department (CCHS) and CIF. Seems to me, that this could be problematic for soccer clubs in Co Co County.

My district informed us that we will be sent a link for weekly approval of testing. Test will be supervised by a trained staff member. The student will self administer every Monday during the season. The test will be sent off to a lab for processing. Results should come back in approximately 3 days. If the students misses the Monday test, they may not participate in sport that week.

This is from a notice from Contra Costa Health Services Department (CCHS) and CIF. Seems to me, that this could be problematic for soccer clubs in Co Co County.
For vaccinated and unvaccinated?

That is some hard core testing bro. Poor children. Adults party with no mask and kids are stuck. That's whack.......

That is some hard core testing bro. Poor children. Adults party with no mask and kids are stuck. That's whack.......
I filled out the parental testing form last night. They are requesting insurance information from parents but it is voluntary to do so.

Wifey did not want to provide insurance information due to privacy; she mentioned something to the effect that much can be discerned through medical coding and she was not confident the information will be properly safeguarded.

I filled out the parental testing form last night. They are requesting insurance information from parents but it is voluntary to do so.

Wifey did not want to provide insurance information due to privacy; she mentioned something to the effect that much can be discerned through medical coding and she was not confident the information will be properly safeguarded.
Smart wifey

So the district is wasting money, kids are wasting their time...getting tested when they are already vaxxed?

What exactly is the point?
I have no idea. I have a meeting with the Superintendent later and will report back. I think the decision is being made at the County level so not sure how much information the Superintendent will be able to provide.

If the County is calling the shots, it’s going to be bad for club soccer soon!

Back