How much is too much ?

26-0 for a G2015 game, acceptable ?

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 82.1%

• Total voters
how is it horrible? its fun watching some of these bad teams get demolished.
I like close competitive games, win or lose. I would rather lose 3-0 then beat a team 26-0. You obviously did not compete in the games. Have fun watching. To each his own so thanks for being honest.

I like close competitive games, win or lose. I would rather lose 3-0 then beat a team 26-0. You obviously did not compete in the games. Have fun watching. To each his own so thanks for being honest.
I am ex professional footballer. Played in the 2nd division of england for 15 years. I know better than you and I am also a DOC

I am ex professional footballer. Played in the 2nd division of england for 15 years. I know better than you and I am also a DOC
Liar! No English Baller from England would get enjoyment out of playing and or watching a beat down of 26-0. You know nothing, trust me. Where do you Doc at by the way?

Liar! No English Baller from England would get enjoyment out of playing and or watching a beat down of 26-0. You know nothing, trust me. Where do you Doc at by the way?
Ga club. If my daughter is on the winning team, I would be ecstatic watching her kill the opposing team mate.

GA clubs in Georga...
AFC Lightning (Fayetteville, GA)
Southern Soccer Academy (Marietta, GA)
Tophat Gold (Marietta, GA)
Tophat Navy (Marietta, GA)

How the clubs are doing in GA Southeast at the U13 level...

I looked through the scores + an interesting league. Tophat gold had several 13-0 games and AFC Lighting had a 7-1 game. I bet Tophat has big and fast players + they play direct. I also bet the lower end teams in that league are arent very good. This puts the top teams in a position where they need to score as many goals as possible against the not so good teams to win the league. This way if you lose to another good team you might be able to still win the league on points.

I doubt the previous responses were from a former pro player and DOC. But if it was they'd be the DOC from Tophat.

Finally, beating up on weaker teams + maxing out the number of goals scored teaches your team nothing. Play a man down, switch players around on the field, or do a number of passes rule. This way when you play teams at your level or higher you beat them vs lose.

Before anyone says it leagues cant put a cap on number of goals counted at something like 6. This is because when 2 teams are tied with the same record but one beat every team they played by 10 goals and the othe always won by 6 it's clear that one team is better than the other but because of the cap on the number of goals they're considered tied.

The best way to address the problem of certain teams running up the score is to enable bad teams in the league to not suck so much.

Before anyone says it leagues cant put a cap on number of goals counted at something like 6. This is because when 2 teams are tied with the same record but one beat every team they played by 10 goals and the othe always won by 6 it's clear that one team is better than the other but because of the cap on the number of goals they're considered tied.

The best way to address the problem of certain teams running up the score is to enable bad teams in the league to not suck so much.
If one team wins by 10 and the other wins by 6 why assume that the difference is the quality of the winning team?

I've seen a bunch of each. More often than not, the difference is the strategy of the losing side. If they park the bus and stick to it, they leave with a semi-respectable 0-3 or 0-4 loss. If they try to play it straight up, it can easily be down 10. Different outcomes, but it tells you nothing about the winner.

If one team wins by 10 and the other wins by 6 why assume that the difference is the quality of the winning team?

I've seen a bunch of each. More often than not, the difference is the strategy of the losing side. If they park the bus and stick to it, they leave with a semi-respectable 0-3 or 0-4 loss. If they try to play it straight up, it can easily be down 10. Different outcomes, but it tells you nothing about the winner.
Usually in leagues top teams play the same crappy teams. If one team wins by 10 goals consistantly + the other wins by 6 consistantly if theres a 6 goal cap at the end of the season both teams will have the same record. But in reality the team that won by 10 is better + should be ranked higher.

Usually in leagues top teams play the same crappy teams. If one team wins by 10 goals consistantly + the other wins by 6 consistantly if theres a 6 goal cap at the end of the season both teams will have the same record. But in reality the team that won by 10 is better + should be ranked higher.

I dunno - this sounds like a corner case hypothetical, matched against the common reality that there are silly blowouts reasonably often (as evidenced by the existence of this thread). If two teams are incredible, but one beats the others in the league by 10 and the other team beats it by 6 - they simply can't have the same record. One of the teams beat the other, which is almost always the first tiebreak used to break a tie in the standings, and the goal differential is ignored anyway. If they somehow have the same record, and split two games - there are still several tiebreaks to go. And at the very end of all of the rules, if there still isn't separation, the league can declare the teams tied in league play. If the rules have the strange incentive for a team to need to run up the score beyond all reasonability against potato-quality teams, the rules are the problem - and can be adjusted easily.

Of course the primary goal is for there not to be such terrible teams. But allowing/encouraging silly scores in the meantime does nothing at all to fix that problem.

Usually in leagues top teams play the same crappy teams. If one team wins by 10 goals consistently + the other wins by 6 consistently if there's a 6 goal cap at the end of the season both teams will have the same record. But in reality the team that won by 10 is better + should be ranked higher.
The 10-0 game tends to be a top two team against someone in the bottom half. If you need a tie breaker, that 10-0 score is just noise.

Uncapped score differential lets you hide a 4-3 win against 3rd place by racking up a ton of goals against 8th place. 4-3 and 12-0 looks the same as 8-3 and 8-0. Never mind that 8-3, 8-0 is a lot more impressive.

That doesn't work with capped goal differential, because both top teams have the same 7-0 against Chumps FC. If you want to prove you are the better team, you need to do better than 4-3 when you play FC Mediocre.

Back