Goats FC History?

So let me get this straight. You are upset about a goat team that joined a tournament and got in the way of your DD’s team from advancing and took away the possibility of you guys winning? One thing I’ve learned is that kids develop more from losses against really good teams than winning the easy teams. If you wanted to win, why not join the lower tier of the tournament and just run through all those teams so your team can lift up a trophy. Personally for me those games where my DD’s team wins by 7+ goals are meaningless for their development. It’s when they face the best of the best that I’ve noticed they grow and develop to become better next time. For example our team plays against a lot of boys teams over the summer where some spanked us bad. We got the opportunity to play the 2010 TFA boys who won the state cup top tier last year. They beat us 7-0 but let me tell you the girls grew after that game. We just played the Eagles 2010 girls last Sunday and let me tell you it was a battle. We lost a close 2-1 game but the way our girls played I couldn’t be more proud of them. We’ve come along way from initially losing 15-0 to a team like the Eagles to now being able to compete against the best teams in the nation. Appreciate the tough competition because it will make your DD and her teammates grow their game that much faster.
First of all, I Hate to disappoint you but you didn't get it straight. Had you read the thread before chiming in you would have found this has nothing to do with my kid... didn't play in blues cup 2019, not of the age group in question and has never seen a goat, let alone played one...and jumping to this conclusion because someone disagrees is simple and small.

For me, this has everything to do with disagreement with tournament directors allowing stacked teams to play in prestigious national tournaments, period.

I'd say the ones obsessed with winning are those who have to stack teams to get there.

I have no problem with boys teams, pick up friendlies, or stacked teams for that matter... My kid has trained and played with boys teams for years, achieving some of her best growth. Also, played on many stack teams in 3v3 and Beach tournaments.

In my opinion, prestigious tournaments such as Surf Cup, Blues Cup, Manchester etc. are no place for non-organics stacked teams putting on a clown show.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

First of all, I Hate to disappoint you but you didn't get it straight. Had you read the thread before chiming in you would have found this has nothing to do with my kid... didn't play in blues cup 2019, not of the age group in question and has never seen a goat, let alone played one...and jumping to this conclusion because someone disagrees is simple and small.

For me, this has everything to do with disagreement with tournament directors allowing stacked teams to play in prestigious national tournaments, period.

I'd say the ones obsessed with winning are those who have to stack teams to get there.

I have no problem with boys teams, pick up friendlies, or stacked teams for that matter... My kid has trained and played with boys teams for years, achieving some of her best growth. Also, played on many stack teams in 3v3 and Beach tournaments.

In my opinion, prestigious tournaments such as Surf Cup, Blues Cup, Manchester etc. are no place for non-organics stacked teams putting on a clown show.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

So if the Slammers PA team was there it would have been just fine right? Given that 6 players were there from that team on the goat team makes is it unfair? I don’t know man but I feel you working yourself up for nothing. If they were outside the age group and there was some sort of cheating you may have a case but the girls were of the proper age group and eligible to compete. If you gonna make a claim like that then they shouldn’t allow guest players either at these tournaments. Just be happy you got to compete against a good team. I don’t see nothing wrong with it. Embrace the opportunity your team had to compete at the top tier group for the tournament.

If we agree that playing top competition will produce better growth for our kids, or any age for that matter...why wouldn’t we want it at those specific tournaments too? I know my daughters were fortunate to attend, compete and win and lose at both of the above named tournaments. They have the jackets and are proud of them, but other than pride, I guarantee they gained and learned more in defeat.
Those tourneys are expensive but many of us parents sign up under the impression that our kids will get to play some top competition. So if one of those is against an “AllStar” team , even better for it.

If we agree that playing top competition will produce better growth for our kids, or any age for that matter...why wouldn’t we want it at those specific tournaments too? I know my daughters were fortunate to attend, compete and win and lose at both of the above named tournaments. They have the jackets and are proud of them, but other than pride, I guarantee they gained and learned more in defeat.
Those tourneys are expensive but many of us parents sign up under the impression that our kids will get to play some top competition. So if one of those is against an “AllStar” team , even better for it.

Exactly. I would love the opportunity for my team to play against an all star goat team. I’ll travel pay whatever to get that opportunity for my DD and her team to experience the best competition. There is no point going down to a tournament like Surf to play the second tier group. We can do it here locally. We go because we get invited to play the best of the best.

Exactly. I would love the opportunity for my team to play against an all star goat team. I’ll travel pay whatever to get that opportunity for my DD and her team to experience the best competition. There is no point going down to a tournament like Surf to play the second tier group. We can do it here locally. We go because we get invited to play the best of the best.
Again, anyone can form a stacked team, easy to do...but what's the point? I don't believe this is what most folks are signing up for.

When invited to play the best of the best... I feel most folks expect it to be organic teams, you don't... difference of opinion.

I don't know but maybe you do...does Surf Cup allow stacked non organic teams in best of the best brackets? If not, why not?

Again, anyone can form a stacked team, easy to do...but what's the point? I don't believe this is what most folks are signing up for.

When invited to play the best of the best... I feel most folks expect it to be organic teams, you don't... difference of opinion.

I don't know but maybe you do...does Surf Cup allow stacked non organic teams in best of the best brackets? If not, why not?

Dude, let it go already.

Fast forward to the year 2025. Stanford, UCLA, North Carolina, and the other national championship contenders are preparing scholarship offers to the class of 2027.

College Coach (CC): We think you're a great player and have all the qualities we look for in a player. But...I was looking through your bio and I noticed that you didn't win the U11 Blues Cup Championship back in 2019. Can you tell me what happened?

Player (P): There's this forum online called SoCal Soccer forum and some users put a stacked team together and knocked my team out. But that was when I was in fifth grade. Two-thirds of those girls stopped playing before we got to high school.

CC: So you didn't win?

P: No, but I told you, it was in fifth grade.

CC: *sigh* I don't think you understand. The Blues Cup is a PRESTIGIOUS NATIONAL TOURNAMENT. In fact, reaching the finals is a prerequisite for joining our program. I'm sorry, but I don't think you're UCLA/Stanford/NC material.

P: I was 10 years old! I've grown 7 inches, gained 30 pounds, my technique is top notch and I've been called in to USYNT national camps multiple times. I don't understand why a tournament I played in 5th grade, before I even went through puberty, would have an impact on your decision.

CC: Our decision is final. Good luck to you.

Last thing I gotta say is that you are dealing with something that involves a lot of people and their opinions towards it. As long as there are people like me that can appreciate competing against a team like that you will never win especially if the majority of people are against you.

But I understand where you are coming from when you are fighting for something you believe is the right way because I’ve been in a similar situation where the majority did not agree with the way I was handling a situation. But mine was a little different. It’s personal, and tied to my family and the way I’m developing and training my own daughter. I stuck to my guns about it and until I start to see it go in the wrong direction I will adjust and change my approach but so far so good. It’s working. Best advice I can give you is not to attend any tournaments where these teams are allowed. That way it won’t ever be a problem.

Last edited:
Last thing I gotta say is that you are dealing with something that involves a lot of people and their opinions towards it. As long as there are people like me that can appreciate competing against a team like that you will never win especially if the majority of people are against you.

But I understand where you are coming from when you are fighting for something you believe is the right way because I’ve been in a similar situation where the majority did not agree with the way I was handling a situation. But mine was a little different. It’s personal, and tied to my family and the way I’m developing and training my own daughter. I stuck to my guns about it and until I start to see it go in the wrong direction I will adjust and change my approach but so far so good. It’s working. Best advice I can give you is not to attend any tournaments where these teams are allowed. That way it won’t ever be a problem.
Fair enough. Although, I can care less about the majority on this forum (as seen above, most of what they post is drivel)...I do appreciate and respect your opinion and insight.

Best of luck to you and your daughter on her soccer journey.

Although, I can care less about the majority on this forum (as seen above, most of what they post is drivel)...I do appreciate and respect your opinion and insight.
You say this, but you're the one who raised this thread from the dead. We wouldn't even be discussing this if you JUST STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

But you won't. Because now it's a matter of pride and showing us how wrong we are, and how enlightened and principled you are (in your own mind at least). Prove me wrong. Stop posting in this thread.

You say this, but you're the one who raised this thread from the dead. We wouldn't even be discussing this if you JUST STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

But you won't. Because now it's a matter of pride and showing us how wrong we are, and how enlightened and principled you are (in your own mind at least). Prove me wrong. Stop posting in this thread.
Wow! A late night rant, with CAPS and all. It's obvious I live rent free in your empty head... hopefully you didn't lose too much sleep.

You don't need me to prove you wrong... you're doing it yourself with the triggered senseless drivel you post.

Go ahead, evict me from your empty head by not posting further. You won't be able to let it go...prove me right.
#sleeplessinSoCal

Many out of state teams that come to California's "Prestigous National Tournaments" (which is a stretch when applied to Blues Cup) are star teams.

Many out of state teams that come to California's "Prestigous National Tournaments" (which is a stretch when applied to Blues Cup) are star teams.
I understand. My opinion is all-star teams should not be encouraged or allowed whenever it's known or obvious. I also understand guest playing for missing players...but, I hope it's not for lesser players.

These tournaments are far from perfect systems, but I'd like to see them kept as organic as leagues and State/National Cups. I may be wrong to think that is what most folks sign-up for, but who knows. Have a good day.

Wow! A late night rant, with CAPS and all. It's obvious I live rent free in your empty head... hopefully you didn't lose too much sleep.

You don't need me to prove you wrong... you're doing it yourself with the triggered senseless drivel you post.

Go ahead, evict me from your empty head by not posting further. You won't be able to let it go...prove me right.
#sleeplessinSoCal

Dude, do you have any other comeback besides, "I know you are, but what am I?" You put a lot of thought into your (misguided) opinions about PRESTIGIOUS NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS and "organic teams", but the best comeback you have is essentially, "I know you are, but what am I?" Weak.

Clearly you care about my "senseless drivel". If I don't care about someone's posts, I don't reply. You keep replying. Clearly I'm pushing a button. So if we're going to continue this (and I can go on forever), can you PLEASE get more original than "I know you are, but what am I?"

Back to the substance of your argument. THERE ARE NO PRESTIGIOUS NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS FOR 10 YEAR OLDS. Your arguments would hold weight if they were 16 years old and competing for scholarships. Nobody is watching 10 year olds. NOBODY. Blues Cup at U11 is a fun weekend for the kids, nothing more. The only importance it has is what the over-involved, over-competitive parents (e.g., you) place on it. The tournament means absolutely nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

If you've read my "senseless drivel" this far (and I know you have, because you're too prideful not to) let's get to know each other. You said your kid wasn't in the tourney. What age level is your player. Is your player a she? Does he/she even play in Socal? Is this your oldest child? Is this your first time on the club circuit?

I'll go first. My player is a 2006 U14. Been in club since 8 years old. Oldest child. We live in SoCal, but have never played in the PRESTIGIOUS Blues Cup, so maybe I should be worried about her college prospects? IDK. First time on the club circuit. At U11 I noticed a lot of parents that behave like you and it honestly ruined my experience. As the years have gone on and it's become obvious who can and cannot play I see fewer and fewer nut jobs. The focus now is on skills/athletic training, keeping grades up, and having a long term vision of getting some scholarship money.

I looked at a picture my DH's team took for a U10 tourney a few years back and out of 11 girls only 7 still play. I remember being REALLY competitive and angry when things didn't go the teams way. Now I realize, it didn't mean a goddamn thing. My DH is going to get where she's going based on the work she puts in as an individual, not because she got knocked out of a tournament by a "stacked" or "inorganic" team.

Come on, reply. With real answers. Not that weak sauce you've been replying with.

Dude, do you have any other comeback besides, "I know you are, but what am I?" You put a lot of thought into your (misguided) opinions about PRESTIGIOUS NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS and "organic teams", but the best comeback you have is essentially, "I know you are, but what am I?" Weak.

Clearly you care about my "senseless drivel". If I don't care about someone's posts, I don't reply. You keep replying. Clearly I'm pushing a button. So if we're going to continue this (and I can go on forever), can you PLEASE get more original than "I know you are, but what am I?"

Back to the substance of your argument. THERE ARE NO PRESTIGIOUS NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS FOR 10 YEAR OLDS. Your arguments would hold weight if they were 16 years old and competing for scholarships. Nobody is watching 10 year olds. NOBODY. Blues Cup at U11 is a fun weekend for the kids, nothing more. The only importance it has is what the over-involved, over-competitive parents (e.g., you) place on it. The tournament means absolutely nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

If you've read my "senseless drivel" this far (and I know you have, because you're too prideful not to) let's get to know each other. You said your kid wasn't in the tourney. What age level is your player. Is your player a she? Does he/she even play in Socal? Is this your oldest child? Is this your first time on the club circuit?

I'll go first. My player is a 2006 U14. Been in club since 8 years old. Oldest child. We live in SoCal, but have never played in the PRESTIGIOUS Blues Cup, so maybe I should be worried about her college prospects? IDK. First time on the club circuit. At U11 I noticed a lot of parents that behave like you and it honestly ruined my experience. As the years have gone on and it's become obvious who can and cannot play I see fewer and fewer nut jobs. The focus now is on skills/athletic training, keeping grades up, and having a long term vision of getting some scholarship money.

I looked at a picture my DH's team took for a U10 tourney a few years back and out of 11 girls only 7 still play. I remember being REALLY competitive and angry when things didn't go the teams way. Now I realize, it didn't mean a goddamn thing. My DH is going to get where she's going based on the work she puts in as an individual, not because she got knocked out of a tournament by a "stacked" or "inorganic" team.

Come on, reply. With real answers. Not that weak sauce you've been replying with.
CHECKMATE!

Too easy. I'm out...Ciao!

As far as the 03/04 group history , some of the club coaches were too paranoid to let their kids go for one weekend a year even if they werent playing so there were a few offshoots like the Scapegoats that played some futsal and 3 v 3 tournaments and some "farm" teams like the Candy Corns (who also had a gotsoccer useless ranking) and Honey Badgers who dominated the futsal scene for a while.
The best though is that there were some great friendships made by the parents that carry on to this day. It always is great to know someone on opposing sidelines. This summer i even had lunch in hawaii with a goat dad when he was dropping his kid off at UH and i was on vacation.
As for stacked team vs organic, i wouldnt complain about losing to a team that never practiced or knew each others names and ate hot dogs in between games. I just wouldnt. And at least for our group, although a talented group, not every player was the best from their team and a few weren't even starters.

Back