Girls Development Academy

Applause.
Academy is doable with a track season which you pointed out. I think what the girls families do not get yet though is exactly what you pointed out:
1. It's no longer about a "team" it's player
2. The roster will change significantly between now and August
3. Their practices from April to August will more than likely have a number of people who want to move from a different team onto their Academy team

What is your thought on this though? In SoCal girls seem to move around a lot and we have a high number of club hoppers. I have several nephews in Academy and they tell me that transferring from one Academy to another is not easy and requires letters etc. granted they are at the premier one in Dallas but they say it's not easy. How is it here?

Yeah @ESPNANALYST that's a good summary

For existing DA players transfers are not the easiest, depends on the timing also.

You can transfer existing DA players but that is treated just like other adds but they are limited number of adds once the season starts and has to be done by the week of April.

On top of that "A player who wishes to transfer to a new Academy team must obtain a release from their original Academy club in writing before transferring or communicating with another club. If the original Academy club does not agree to release the player (and the player will not meet the 25% start requirement, U-12 players excluded), the transfer will be allowed and the player must sit at least 3 games, plus any head-to-head games that season. In all other circumstances, the Academy club has the discretion to release or not release the player during the Academy Season. Players may not train or otherwise participate with a Development Academy team that they are not officially rostered with prior to approval of a transfer request. If a player trains with another Academy team prior to receiving a release, he may not be permitted to transfer to that Academy club. Clubs wishing to speak to a player registered with another Academy club must state their intentions in writing to the player’s club, the Academy Staff, and their respective Technical Advisors. Releases must be sent to Academy Staff and the staff shall review and have the authority to approve or deny a transfer of a player in all circumstances. Regardless of the scenario, any transfer player will sit all head-to-head regular season fixtures between former and current club regardless of being released by their previous club (this does not apply to preseason or the postseason). If there are no head-to-head fixtures that remain in the current season, the player will be eligible to participate pending any other suspensions to serve"

As far as DP's my suggestion to others is to forgot about those in your decision process, they are really a special case limited use option, no min playing time, have to be with the club already, etc.

My nephews describe their experience in Dallas as a "marriage" to my DD. They are very stern with her telling her this a long term choice. Do you see that type of experience here in SoCal on the boys side?
ECNL allowed transfers etc and I saw a large number of players transfer between WCFC, Blues and Surf every season. Do you think academies will be like this in this landscape or hat the prevailing Academy dynamics will override a culture?

Also simply out of Curiosity because some parents are already gaming the system here- I have heard DA players will be rostering to ECNL teams from May to Aug 1 the moving to Academy. The parents want them to play ECNL during spring and summer "for touches and tourneys we do not have a gaming schedule yet"
I thought this was not allowed but can't be sure? This practice seems to go against philosophy and again I can only go with what I know on Boys Side but once they are identified they are tied to a DA.

My nephews describe their experience in Dallas as a "marriage" to my DD. They are very stern with her telling her this a long term choice. Do you see that type of experience here in SoCal on the boys side?
ECNL allowed transfers etc and I saw a large number of players transfer between WCFC, Blues and Surf every season. Do you think academies will be like this in this landscape or hat the prevailing Academy dynamics will override a culture?

There are very limited numbers of transfers each season in DA. Handful per age group, most clubs teams don't have much roster or add space, take outsiders over in house for injury fill in, etc and look at it long term so they don't want club hoppers much. There is a big investment for the clubs for DA players so the have some incentive to retain or promote from within.

For players not yet in DA or those new playing spring or other leagues could work until August first year only but after that no, don't expect to see players switching in and out in numbers. Perhaps your refereeing to the younger age groups in your other post, my older DD's ECNL team has a few interested in DA for 17-18' but haven't heard for her there is much talk about that at this point.

One thing that's maybe different for new parents considering DA is that the coaching staff or directors normally don't like to discuss playing time, positions, or anything about players (yours included) with parents. Almost all those communications should to be through the player(s) and it's good for them if they handle that IMO. Besides thanking the staff I've had very few conversations about anything playing related unless specifically asked over the years. My player has done a good job without me having to do much besides arrange transportation or accommodations. He handles it all else pretty much through text, email, phone, etc. and lets me know.

For the pay to play clubs there are other reasons why they want reserve or 2nd teams; combined training some of time during preseason to move players around until rosters are solidified and so they have a place to put players. The numbers on the reserves are keep low on purpose so there is room for later movement. Some coaches are hesitant to put the DA stamp on players until they are have to that leaving some wondering until the end.

For the funded or sponsored ones cut comes and players don't always have those options so they look to other da clubs after that or back to the affiliates or to other options.

Thank you! If these DOCs are willing to lie about a made up league, what other lies are telling? Some parents are just like trump followers- believing everything they are told without doing their own research!
Okay,
Time to address some of the ballerinas posting asinine political thoughts on a soccer forum about our president. If you would like we can discuss in detail taxes, economy, sanctuary cities, pro criminal agendas, pro terrorist agendas, Anti-police policies of far left activists. The difference is I can back up everything with tracks while you, Mr. ballerina, are speaking on emotion and are ill informed.
Don't start talking shit on Trump.

Okay,
Time to address some of the ballerinas posting asinine political thoughts on a soccer forum about our president. If you would like we can discuss in detail taxes, economy, sanctuary cities, pro criminal agendas, pro terrorist agendas, Anti-police policies of far left activists. The difference is I can back up everything with tracks while you, Mr. ballerina, are speaking on emotion and are ill informed.

If you want to do that I am actually being dead serious there are several lovely threads on this forum about that with other spirited opinions

Okay,

This is a pretty ridiculous post. We can also talk about lies, Russia, Alpha Bank and the Alt Right. Stop distracting from the conversation with your Trump Chump BS.

If you want to debate GDA let's do it but keep your Fox News inspired tripe away from this thread.

Okay,

I can back up everything with facts that don't come from InfoWars or Bretitbart. How about you? I'm sorry, but I can't take anyone who would follow a habitual liar, sexual predator, and obvious con man that seriously. Not worth my time. Stick to soccer, Mr. US Soccer

I can back up everything with facts that don't come from InfoWars or Bretitbart. How about you? I'm sorry, but I can't take anyone who would follow a habitual liar, sexual predator, and obvious con man that seriously. Not worth my time. Stick to soccer, Mr. US Soccer
Why bring BJ Bill Clinton into the discussion?

Just got caught up on all the DAII nonsense. Absolutely shameful.

And these clubs are supposedly "Non-Profit" organizations?

Ah man, here we go....Sheriff Joe in 3, 2, 1.......

So....you're anti Bill Clinton, Correct? Because that's whom you just described.

Back