Girls Development Academy

Those may be the boys rules, but the applications for the girls academy outlined the following (apologize for the format):

Roster Management:

Development Academy clubs will be required to field teams that consist of the top players from the club's entire player pool. Clubs have the flexibility to register any age combination of players across all 3 age groups, provided they do not exceed 69 full-time players

Player pools will include a minimum number of 16 full-time registered players in each combined age group.
On average, player pools will include a maximum of 23 full-time players per combined age group; however, the club could register more younger players in an age group, with the intention of playing those players up in an older age group.

A Development Player (DP) is a “bubble player” in any age group that trains with your GDA player pool, but is better suited playing games with a “second level” team from within the club (provided the club has full oversight and connection with this group, group operates out of same facility, and player does not come from an affiliate club)

Registering a DP is a serious and careful decision that should be part of a planned opportunity for the player to get meaningful game experience in an Academy game. Clubs can have a maximum of 10 DPs registered at a single time within their player pool; DPs may play in a maximum of 6 games and can later move to full-time, provided the club has roster moves and full-time roster space available

Yes on the app but things have changed to the four age groups: U-14, U-15, U-16/17, and U-18/19. Going to be minor changes in 17-18', boys & girls should very similar: min 16, max 18 game day single age groups: 23 max combed age groups which is just the half of the 46 as it is now for the boys for both U15/16 & U17/18

DP rules: https://ussoccer.box.com/s/7y8c97ea6hqc0bk1tulf1yvpn9zij4dh

USSF runs DA , US club soccer (member association) is behind the prep academy concept some refer to as DA II but they are different org all together (different registration, guidelines, etc you can't just easily move players between the two for example)

US club wants to get a bigger footprint in SC and try to appeal to other players or clubs that maybe looking at options outside of usys /cal south or other leagues.

I agree that DAII has nothing to do with the DA. DAII is a completely made up league created by the DA clubs whose second teams are not doing ECNL. I was told at a parent meeting that the DAII would use the same rules and carding as the DA, which in hindsight is strange because if the DA had nothing to do with DAII, why would the players be carded with the DA?

I had not heard that the DAII players would card with USClub. This would be the best outcome so that the players could do tournaments.

I did not hear that DAII players could move up to the DA team. However, perhaps they could move up as discovery players.

• I agree that DAII has nothing to do with the DA. DAII is a completely made up league created by the DA clubs whose second teams are not doing ECNL. I was told at a parent meeting that the DAII would use the same rules and carding as the DA, which in hindsight is strange because if the DA had nothing to do with DAII, why would the players be carded with the DA?

I had not heard that the DAII players would card with USClub. This would be the best outcome so that the players could do tournaments.

I did not hear that DAII players could move up to the DA team. However, perhaps they could move up as discovery players.
My understanding is similar to yours with the following exceptions:
  • DA II is connected USSF and the DA program
  • DAII players can/will get called up to play on DA teams as a part of the DP program
  • DA II is not a USClub sponsored league
  • DAII will play other DAII teams for regular events and within the DA showcase program
The miss information is due to the fight over ECNL and DA...who has the power?

My understanding is similar to yours with the following exceptions:
  • DA II is connected USSF and the DA program
  • DAII players can/will get called up to play on DA teams as a part of the DP program
  • DA II is not a USClub sponsored league
  • DAII will play other DAII teams for regular events and within the DA showcase program
The miss information is due to the fight over ECNL and DA...who has the power?

USSF oversees the majority of the affiliated leagues such as USYS which USYS National League falls under or US Club Soccer which ECNL and NPL falls under.

From what I have read. Parents in the know are posting.....DAII will fall under US Club soccer and not directly under USSF like Girls DA will be.

For visual posters:
USSF ----> Girls DA
USSF ----> US Club Soccer ----> DAII
USSF ----> US Club Soccer ----> ECNL
USSF ----> USYS ----> National League
USSF ----> USYS ----> Coast Soccer League
USSF ----> USYS ----> ODP

Then why was Slammer creating "Reserve" teams well in advance of DA announcements?
I suspect they did this in may order to keep those players and the $$ , in the club. Nice foresight. Depending on what is the truth about DAII, a lot of those people could have been played.

I called the USDA yesterday. The talks are ongoing and the DAII may be sanctioned by the DA and it may not. There is logistics, referees, and the showcases as well as will it line up with what the DA wants not the club's. So currently some of you are correct this is marketing but according to the representative on the phone it has greater than 50/50 chance of getting done.

Sorry to keep on this but think about the 9 proposed club's and the 17 or so DD that will be signing up in fact some already have. That's a lot of people affected by marketing. Plus this has been well discussed this is also about the power play by US soccer and ECNL. They will have to get this figured out really soon. With SCDL and Coast deadlines coming up. I was apart of a USDA presentation at our club that sold DA2 as a sanctioned league. My line of thinking was top talent will all be DA1 now so where can my DD have a platform to compete at a high level. With beach, legends, galaxy etc minus the blues, surf and the other ecnl in the southwest that's a lot of DD that are going to be on a reserve or DA2 team hence SCDL and Coast will be really watered down.... At the end of the day labels are labels I don't care if it's DA2 or whatever just want good competition so my DD can continue to develop.

Sorry to keep on this but think about the 9 proposed club's and the 17 or so DD that will be signing up in fact some already have. That's a lot of people affected by marketing. Plus this has been well discussed this is also about the power play by US soccer and ECNL. They will have to get this figured out really soon. With SCDL and Coast deadlines coming up. I was apart of a USDA presentation at our club that sold DA2 as a sanctioned league. My line of thinking was top talent will all be DA1 now so where can my DD have a platform to compete at a high level. With beach, legends, galaxy etc minus the blues, surf and the other ecnl in the southwest that's a lot of DD that are going to be on a reserve or DA2 team hence SCDL and Coast will be really watered down.... At the end of the day labels are labels I don't care if it's DA2 or whatever just want good competition so my DD can continue to develop.

Agreed. With so much uncertainty about DA2, I'd prefer if my daughter's team (and the other non-ECNL second teams) just opted to play SCDSL this year.

Agreed. With so much uncertainty about DA2, I'd prefer if my daughter's team (and the other non-ECNL second teams) just opted to play SCDSL this year.
I would tend to agree but if the teams I mentioned before are all holding 17 DD's I see the Coast,SCDL being weaker .....someone really needs to figure this out.

You were part of the presentation of the DA at your DD 's club? I'm sorry to say it, but I think you were, at the very least, mislead. But, I would really call it being flat out lied to. Sorry man! Maybe it will still work out.

So if I'm getting this right.

Girls DA aka A teams = Albion, Beach, Blues, Eagles, Galaxy SD, LA Galaxy, LA Premier, Legends, Pats, RSC, Slammers, Surf, and WCFC

ECNL = A teams are Strikers, Arsenal and Del Mar Sharks (clubs not Girls DA)
ECNL = B teams are Blues, Eagles, RSC, Slammers, Surf and WCFC

DAII = B teams are Albion, Beach, LA Galaxy, Galaxy SD, LA Premier, Legends and Pats

National League = why bother

Girls DA aka A teams = Albion, Beach, Blues, Eagles, Galaxy SD, LA Galaxy, LA Premier, Legends, Pats, RSC, Slammers, Surf, and WCFC

DAII = B teams are Albion, Beach, LA Galaxy, Galaxy SD, LA Premier, Legends and Pats

Eagles and RSC will not have ECNL teams, they will be DAII

Kinda makes your head hurt, right?

USSF oversees the majority of the affiliated leagues such as USYS which USYS National League falls under or US Club Soccer which ECNL and NPL falls under.

From what I have read. Parents in the know are posting.....DAII will fall under US Club soccer and not directly under USSF like Girls DA will be.

For visual posters:
USSF ----> Girls DA
USSF ----> US Club Soccer ----> DAII
USSF ----> US Club Soccer ----> ECNL
USSF ----> USYS ----> National League
USSF ----> USYS ----> Coast Soccer League
USSF ----> USYS ----> ODP

...US Club ---> ENPL, NPL, id2
....USYS ---> Cal South ---> CSL, SCDSL, Presidio, CRL

According to ZW, LA Galaxy academy won't be fielding or having 2nd or B girls teams in any league. Doubt this proposed II alternative league is worth it for what 7-8 teams, too much work and $ for such a small group of teams for one area only.

...US Club ---> ENPL, NPL, id2
....USYS ---> Cal South ---> CSL, SCDSL, Presidio, CRL

According to ZW, LA Galaxy academy won't be fielding or having 2nd or B girls teams in any league. Doubt this proposed II alternative league is worth it for what 7-8 teams, too much work and $ for such a small group of teams for one area only.

Thanks, I forgot about the Cal-South layer after USYS.

Back