Girls Development Academy

Heck, I remeber when Hodges wanted his flagship 99's to be featured in his college showcase as the sole, "fri night lights" game vs Rennie/Bobaks 99's.....Cali's 99s got waxed all over chino as they got beat down 3-0 (or something like that)....Tads girls never got invite back (what a coinkidink)o_O
Aw shucks, dem huckleberries are da best ECNL team in all the land, and since it was just a lil old college showcase, we only played our non-committed and younger players.

I spoke to Walid earlier this year. He confirmed (and I noticed) that he left all of his committed girls home when we played them. Filled the roster with younger and B team players.

Last edited:
Aw shucks, dem huckleberries are da best ECNL team in all the land, and since it was just a lil old college showcase, we only played our non-committed and younger players.

D-Nile ain't just a river in Egypt. It's okay we are getting lots of "alternative facts" nowadays...

And in late November, Legends FC 99 team played against the older ECNL (U19) teams of Slammers FC (beat them 4-0), West Coast (beat them 1-0), and tied SC Del Sol 1-1. Let the excuses begin...remember you said "they would wax any non-ECNL team."
You know what, I'm not going pile on here and tell you the Del Sol team you tied wasn't the normal squad. Who am I to steal your thunder. Please, by all means, enjoy the tie!

You know what, I'm not going pile on here and tell you the Del Sol team you tied wasn't the normal squad. Who am I to steal your thunder. Please, by all means, enjoy the tie!
When a team beats the GoldenState Warriors without; Durant, Green, Thompson and Curry. Did the team really beat the GoldenState Warriors?

When a team beats the GoldenState Warriors without; Durant, Green, Thompson and Curry. Did the team really beat the GoldenState Warriors?

Is that a trick question? The answer is Yes. Let's not get into Orwellian double-speak. We hear too much of it these days.

Yes. Otherwise by your logic every team that competes has to have their full roster at their disposal for anything to really count. And that as we know is total BS and then no one really wins any sort of championship or game what so ever by your definition cause it wasn't "the real team". So if Brady didn't play last Sunday and the Falcons ended up winning there would be an asterisk in the stats that the win didn't really count? I have yet to hear this BS in any other sport other than here in the US in any non-professional soccer event.

Yes. Otherwise by your logic every team that competes has to have their full roster at their disposal for anything to really count. And that as we know is total BS and then no one really wins any sort of championship or game what so ever by your definition cause it wasn't "the real team". So if Brady didn't play last Sunday and the Falcons ended up winning there would be an asterisk in the stats that the win didn't really count? I have yet to hear this BS in any other sport other than here in the US in any non-professional soccer event.
If it was a league game yes, it counts. If it were a preseason or exhibition game all pro teams don't play their starters or if they did it's at most 50% of the game if that. So how does this apply to club soccer easy. College Showcases are technically exhibition games, because there are no winners. So apply the same logic to the SilverLakes Showcase in which CaliKlines thinks his DD Legends team beat ECNL teams.....ha!

FWIW, the actual ECNL players played the prior week at the AZ ECNL Showcase and yes the games there counts for wild card playoff standings.

If it was a league game yes, it counts. If it were a preseason or exhibition game all pro teams don't play their starters or if they did it's at most 50% of the game if that. So how does this apply to club soccer easy. College Showcases are technically exhibition games, because there are no winners. So apply the same logic to the SilverLakes Showcase in which CaliKlines thinks his DD Legends team beat ECNL teams.....ha!

FWIW, the actual ECNL players played the prior week at the AZ ECNL Showcase and yes the games there counts for wild card playoff standings.

How do we know it's an exhibtion game or not. A healthy Tom Brady wouldn't sit out a league game more a Super Bowl. Slammers and Del Sol healthy (committed) ECNL starters didn't play at SilverLakes...many of their B team and uncommitted players did!

So did they really beat ECNL teams, when it really counts? Especially when one was the WCFC composite team!

If it was a league game yes, it counts. If it were a preseason or exhibition game all pro teams don't play their starters or if they did it's at most 50% of the game if that. So how does this apply to club soccer easy. College Showcases are technically exhibition mataches, because there are no winners. So apply the same logic to the SilverLakes Showcase in which CaliKlines thinks his DD Legends team beat ECNL teams.....ha!

Ah yes but its also pretty hard to explain to your parents when your A team gets their asses handed to them by some non ECNL team when you play your starters so coaches can justify anything. Not saying that was always the motive but a lot of time its probably the case. Especially when they were playing clubs that they know should have been ECNL and the only advantage they had was they were in and the others weren't. Dude, listen ECNL is over in So Cal. There isn't enough kids to go around. The league will be watered down at least here in SoCal. Went through 3 seasons of playing the second tier ECNL teams and they all sucked. In fact the only good teams were non ECNL. This is what ECNL will become. Sad but true.

Ah yes but its also pretty hard to explain to your parents when your A team gets their asses handed to them by some non ECNL team when you play your starters so coaches can justify anything. Not saying that was always the motive but a lot of time its probably the case. Especially when they were playing clubs that they know should have been ECNL and the only advantage they had was they were in and the others weren't. Dude, listen ECNL is over in So Cal. There isn't enough kids to go around. The league will be watered down at least here in SoCal. Went through 3 seasons of playing the second tier ECNL teams and they all sucked. In fact the only good teams were non ECNL. This is what ECNL will become. Sad but true.
I agree ECNL is going to be the B league in SoCal. I am not debating that. I am also not debating if a non-ECNL team beats an ECNL team especially if the team beat the actual ECNL rostered players. But, when CaliKlines assumed his DD waxed older ECNL teams when confirmed by a few parents that wasn't the case. We have to question the credibility of the poster, especially when we all know he is a Legends propaganda machine!

I will bet money, his DDs 99/00 Legends team next year gets waxed in Girls DA his Fall.. The best players from that team are class of 2017 players!

I agree ECNL is going to be the B league in SoCal. I am not debating that. I am also not debating if a non-ECNL team beats an ECNL team especially if the team beat the actual ECNL rostered players. But, when CaliKlines assumed his DD waxed older ECNL teams when confirmed by a few parents that wasn't the case. We have to question the credibility of the poster, especially when we all know he is a Legends propaganda machine!

I will bet money, his DDs 99/00 Legends team next year gets waxed in Girls DA next year. The best players from that team are class of 2017 players!
I will agree in that case.

Hold on now. Come on now that is simply not true. What ECNL teams did you play outside of Arsenal post Kooiman that sucked? My players ECNL team was not a top 3 team and several of your daughters team played for them prior to the club switch! So if you are saying that they sucked then that simply isn't true. Your daughter was a DP on that team! To say that they sucked is false. Take your daughter, TL and SD from their team and they were slightly above average. To be honest both should be playing with my daughter now. So that they can win multiple national championships like they did in ODP.

Hold on now. Come on now that is simply not true. What ECNL teams did you play outside of Arsenal post Kooiman that sucked? My players ECNL team was not a top 3 team and several of your daughters team played for them prior to the club switch! So if you are saying that they sucked then that simply isn't true. Your daughter was a DP on that team! To say that they sucked is false. Take your daughter, TL and SD from their team and they were slightly above average. To be honest both should be playing with my daughter now. So that they can win multiple national championships like they did in ODP.
Why is everyone confusing what I said? My statement was in reference to playing EGSL teams during our SCDSL season and a National Cup or 2. All of them were poor. They were the B teams. I was comparing DA team to the ECNL team at ECNL clubs. There is simply not enough talent in SoCal therefore the DA will be the 1st team and ECNL will be the 2nd team. Thus equal to the old EGSL. That is why I made the statement that ECNL in SoCal will be subpar. As far as DP and SD in Westwood? No dirty laundry here. My kid bleeds Trojan blood and she couldn't be happier. As far as National championships you of all people should know better. Just cause you have a roster of so and so is no guarantee. How many "great" teams have not won year after year? There are breaks and a little luck along the way that is required no matter how good you are especially in soccer and with such a short compacted season I think it gets multiplied.

Back