Girls Development Academy

ECNL is MVLA, Rage, Mustang, San Juan, Santa Rosa, and Davis Legacy

DA is Quakes, Thorns, Burlingame, PSV, Lamorinda, and Placer.
So at least looking at the Bay Area which I include Rage, Mustang, MVLA, Thorns, Quakes and Thorns, having the DA did not further dilute the player pool. So where did all the best players go? Funny how everyone was concerned that having both DA and ECNL in socal would dilute the teams to the point of not being competitive. But look how great Surfs 04 B team did today.

So at least looking at the Bay Area which I include Rage, Mustang, MVLA, Thorns, Quakes and Thorns, having the DA did not further dilute the player pool. So where did all the best players go? Funny how everyone was concerned that having both DA and ECNL in socal would dilute the teams to the point of not being competitive. But look how great Surfs 04 B team did today.
The talent pool is very diluted. Between SF and San Jose, last year there were 2 ECNL clubs. Now there are 4 DA clubs and 1 ECNL club in the same area. There are not that many elite girls to go around in this area.
As far as where the best players went, it looks like the ECNL clubs' teams stayed mostly intact. From what I hear DeAnza's 04s followed Deza to the Quakes, and half the kids from his older teams followed him as well. The other half stayed with DeAnza and will play for the Thorns DA.
I wouldn't read too much into Surfs second team beating Burlingame by the big margin. They played Norcal gold last year which would be equivalent to your flight 2 or 3.

I was always surprised that MVLA and De Anza were so close geographically and then there was nothing going north for an hour and a half. So someone living in SF had a long trek north, south or east. Now they have added Quakes in the same area and Burlingame not that far away (20 minutes from DeAnza?). I wonder if a club in SF received DA status instead of Burlingame and/or Quakes would have helped?

I was always surprised that MVLA and De Anza were so close geographically and then there was nothing going north for an hour and a half. So someone living in SF had a long trek north, south or east. Now they have added Quakes in the same area and Burlingame not that far away (20 minutes from DeAnza?). I wonder if a club in SF received DA status instead of Burlingame and/or Quakes would have helped?
SF, although it has a large population, doesn't have a whole lot of kids. Not very many families in the city, proportionally. The clubs there are really weak, so that wouldn't make sense to give any club in San Francisco DA status.

SF, although it has a large population, doesn't have a whole lot of kids. Not very many families in the city, proportionally. The clubs there are really weak, so that wouldn't make sense to give any club in San Francisco DA status.
I guess I was being optimistic thinking that girls DA had an opportunity to do what is best for the players. I don't put much stock in giving the best clubs DA status. I believe that giving DA status, coaches and players will come regardless of the prior status of the club. I would have rather had all the clubs spread out to give the most players the opportunity to play DA. At least if a SF club received DA status, it would split the distance between Santa Rosa and Thorns, as well as to the east.

In Socal, I think they did an ok job despite the concentration in OC, which is justified given the talent.

I guess I was being optimistic thinking that girls DA had an opportunity to do what is best for the players. I don't put much stock in giving the best clubs DA status. I believe that giving DA status, coaches and players will come regardless of the prior status of the club. I would have rather had all the clubs spread out to give the most players the opportunity to play DA. At least if a SF club received DA status, it would split the distance between Santa Rosa and Thorns, as well as to the east.

In Socal, I think they did an ok job despite the concentration in OC, which is justified given the talent.
Well, Burlingame was given DA status and the players and coaches obviously didn't come, based on today's Surf results. :)

Well, Burlingame was given DA status and the players and coaches obviously didn't come, based on today's Surf results. :)
Burlingame is too close to the other clubs. I meant that if it were spread out, there probably is a pool of players that have not been willing to travel.

@MakeALoser- Glad to see I got under your scales. Wasting time marking all my posts a dumb...get life Loser!

MVLA's doc runs the GDA program at Burlingame. MVLA has one foot in the door seeing what happens with GDA. As far as I know none of the MVLA girls have moved to Burlingame's GDA hence the scores that were reflected from today. My guess is if MVLA's top teams can not find meaniful competition, they will move to Burlingame's GDA. The powers to be thought Burlingame would be competitive without the MVLA teams but that is clearly not the case. Will be interesting if GDA gives Burlingame an ultimatum. Put all MVLA's best players in GDA or lose your membership.

Part of development is learning how to deal with not winning. I suggest the Burlingame staff makes sure the dds get frozen yogurt after game like the one today. Frozen yogurt has probiotics which is good for their tummies after playing in the heat. It's also makes you forget stuff quick. Development isn't a sprint especially on the dd side of the game.

Deza left for the Quakes in the middle of the spring season. His 04 team didn't finish the season so they could keep training with him. Most of his older teams finished out their seasons with DeAnza. From what I hear, for the older teams,'only about half chose to follow Deza to the Quakes. The other half stayed.

DeAnza got threatened by ECNL in the spring to take get their membership taken away when EcNL found them straddling the fence between DA and ECNL with their partnership with the Thorns. DeAnza tried to keep their membership by disavowing their affiliation with the Thorns, but in the end ECNL kicked them out anyway. Now the partnership is in full effect and DeAnza is putting their top trams(what's left of them anyway) into the Thorns DA.
Read the NorCal Soccer Forum on this matter. It's like 20 plus pages of why Deza left, ECNL, etc...and a TMZ saga.

I was always surprised that they were so close and the style was SO DIFFERENT. I know coach dependent but the difference in the two was startling. Always great soccer

MVLA's doc runs the GDA program at Burlingame. MVLA has one foot in the door seeing what happens with GDA. As far as I know none of the MVLA girls have moved to Burlingame's GDA hence the scores that were reflected from today. My guess is if MVLA's top teams can not find meaniful competition, they will move to Burlingame's GDA. The powers to be thought Burlingame would be competitive without the MVLA teams but that is clearly not the case. Will be interesting if GDA gives Burlingame an ultimatum. Put all MVLA's best players in GDA or lose your membership.

That is interesting. I thought they didn't have a choice! Well honestly if that MVLA 04 team is moving in please let me know because I would like to be able to mentally prep for the beating before;) I can't even imagine thinking we would be playing Burlingame and then MVLA showing LOL!!!

Burlingame is too close to the other clubs. I meant that if it were spread out, there probably is a pool of players that have not been willing to travel.

@MakeALoser- Glad to see I got under your scales. Wasting time marking all my posts a dumb...get life Loser!

@Fact You are such a scrub nothing you could do would bother me. You are still hoping and dreaming that your kid will get on a good team and find a good coach and hope that she can continue her soccer career. You are the one talking about $hitty teams and hoping that your player can get into a good position. None of those things concern me! You are trying your best but stupidity and athleticism is genetic so you can't blame yourself or your kid. It's okay I hear that lacrosse is a good place for unskilled players that wash out of soccer.

Does your kid even play in a decent team? She probably sucks.

@Fact You are such a scrub nothing you could do would bother me. You are still hoping and dreaming that your kid will get on a good team and find a good coach and hope that she can continue her soccer career. You are the one talking about $hitty teams and hoping that your player can get into a good position. None of those things concern me! You are trying your best but stupidity and athleticism is genetic so you can't blame yourself or your kid. It's okay I hear that lacrosse is a good place for unskilled players that wash out of soccer.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/estimated-probability-competing-college-athletics

Hey now! Maybe some of us are just smart ....:)
Oh and by the way USC and UCLA are going from Club to NCAA status so about that......
I would take boys lax any day over soccer!!! Any day!!
My girl is harder to convince

@CaliKlines I saw your players Legends team play and to be quite honest your daughter was a ghost and had zero impact on the game. If I was you I would consider cross country because she will never play at NC State and my money is on her transferring after one year. @Fact you should just invest in tutors and SAT prep and ROTC.

Back