Girls 04 DA

Just watched the the youtube. Looks to me like MVLA got away with one there going to pk's. Quakes had the run of possession. Built from the back nicely and looked stronger for most of the game. As for creating chances it was about even. To bad it had to go to pk's to find a winner. In the end both teams are no doubt top teams in the country. Seems like the SJ Quakes are doing some very good things in all age groups in a very short period. I'm glad we get to play them in the DA.

I agree the bigger question is will MVLA be satisfied playing in a 2nd tier division (ECNL)? DA has the top clubs throughout the country and will only get stronger. Also agree if there weren't both leagues the talent would be stronger but the reality is the DA is here and it will be the future.
Do you have a link to the YouTube video of the game? When we watched it live, it felt like MVLA had more possession, many more shots, and without a flukey breakaway at the end of the game should've been setttled in regulation. Maybe the replay tells a different story, but I'd love to see for myself.

Reactions: Zen
Just watched the the youtube. Looks to me like MVLA got away with one there going to pk's. Quakes had the run of possession. Built from the back nicely and looked stronger for most of the game. As for creating chances it was about even. To bad it had to go to pk's to find a winner. In the end both teams are no doubt top teams in the country. Seems like the SJ Quakes are doing some very good things in all age groups in a very short period. I'm glad we get to play them in the DA.

I agree the bigger question is will MVLA be satisfied playing in a 2nd tier division (ECNL)? DA has the top clubs throughout the country and will only get stronger. Also agree if there weren't both leagues the talent would be stronger but the reality is the DA is here and it will be the future.
I agree PK's is the worse way to win and lose. It would be great if you can share the video. I know many that would love to see it (including myself).

Do you have a link to the YouTube video of the game? When we watched it live, it felt like MVLA had more possession, many more shots, and without a flukey breakaway at the end of the game should've been setttled in regulation. Maybe the replay tells a different story, but I'd love to see for myself.
@davin - that was my assessment as well. @Surfing10, please share the video. It will give others the chance to weigh in. Only a video can do that, not my opinion or yours in an anonymous post. If the 8-2-1 record between these two teams is old tape, new footage sure would help. If I'm just a deluded MVLA 04 parent, this will be proof ;).

I respect the fact not every coach allows the parents to share things so give him time. Nice to hear from the NorCal people and I am glad you all are involved In the boards more!

I respect the fact not every coach allows the parents to share things so give him time. Nice to hear from the NorCal people and I am glad you all are involved In the boards more!
I appreciate your contributions to this board and your transparency. I respect keeping videos amongst the team, but I question discreetness when another DA opponent (which @Surfing10 says he/she is) is able to weigh less than 24 hrs. of the live game ending. Why make assessments about another teams video that can't be made public? Great game and competition for sure - but disagree with @Surfing10's assessment.

Anyone that makes non-neutral assessments of a rivalry game with a full video should expect to get asked for receipts (especially from those that were actually there and watched 10+ of these games over 2 years)...or why post in a forum? I hear crickets on this video...but I'll give it more time. I welcome facts. If this video ever materializes, we can have real stats on possession, shots, and SEE who deserved to win in regulation (forget PKs, that's anyones game).

I am just sitting here jealous because I LOVE WATCHING NORCAL play so I am hoping it is produced because it's a great teaching tool. I am coming from a strictly fan standpoint for both your teams

Reactions: Zen
I appreciate your contributions to this board and your transparency. I respect keeping videos amongst the team, but I question discreetness when another DA opponent (which @Surfing10 says he/she is) is able to weigh less than 24 hrs. of the live game ending. Why make assessments about another teams video that can't be made public? Great game and competition for sure - but disagree with @Surfing10's assessment.

Anyone that makes non-neutral assessments of a rivalry game with a full video should expect to get asked for receipts (especially from those that were actually there and watched 10+ of these games over 2 years)...or why post in a forum? I hear crickets on this video...but I'll give it more time. I welcome facts. If this video ever materializes, we can have real stats on possession, shots, and SEE who deserved to win in regulation (forget PKs, that's anyones game).
Agreed. I searched YouTube and couldn't find any video of yesterday's game. It doesn't make sense to me how anybody who claims to be from a SoCal club could have already seen a video of game played yesterday by two NorCal clubs before anybody in Norcal knew of the video's existence.

Agreed. I searched YouTube and couldn't find any video of yesterday's game. It doesn't make sense to me how anybody who claims to be from a SoCal club could have already seen a video of game played yesterday by two NorCal clubs before anybody in Norcal knew of the video's existence.
Interesting indeed....someone was interested enough to post an assessment on a video of a game 20 hrs after it ended on two teams not in their region...makes you go hmmm. I was simply responding to a question about our ECNL competition, and got this bonus feedback with no videos to support it. @Surfing10 I'm very much looking forward to our ECNL schedule, 2-4 games when we travel vs. 1, 2 days of practice weekly, and my daughter playing other sports. DA isn't for everyone. Two new capital letters, the same coach, and the same players doesn't make for a better team. We proved that yesterday...and proof was all over the Surf DA bracket results.

Let's just say, for argument's sake, that I was a parent of a player that plays for a club that has been shut out of the inner circle of Elite Soccer and now, all of a sudden, DA comes in and tells me that I can join their "inner circle", I may, just maybe, want to bash anyone or anything (club, team, etc.) that represents what I have longed to be a part of for so long and was continuously denied?

I don't think the point of Surfer's post was that he had possession of, or seen, a video. Who knows if one actually exists. It seems more like that was a statement to advance a narrative that while the DA Quakes lost to the ECNL MVLA team, the DA Quakes are actually a better team. Not because I know, I observed the game or saw a video but rather because they are the almighty DA. The same DA that has produced not one single male American Player that can compete on the world stage in it's 10 years of existence. The current pathetic USMNT are almost old enough to start using walkers and canes but we still roster them because we can not find a younger player in our DA system to replace them but then, I digress...

Additionally, if MVLA is better than Quakes, who are better than possibly Surfer's team, doesn't that mean that Surfer's team gets knocked down yet another notch?

Is it reasonable to just give the two teams a tip of the hat and say "Great Job!"

Let's just say, for argument's sake, that I was a parent of a player that plays for a club that has been shut out of the inner circle of Elite Soccer and now, all of a sudden, DA comes in and tells me that I can join their "inner circle", I may, just maybe, want to bash anyone or anything (club, team, etc.) that represents what I have longed to be a part of for so long and was continuously denied?

I don't think the point of Surfer's post was that he had possession of, or seen, a video. Who knows if one actually exists. It seems more like that was a statement to advance a narrative that while the DA Quakes lost to the ECNL MVLA team, the DA Quakes are actually a better team. Not because I know, I observed the game or saw a video but rather because they are the almighty DA. The same DA that has produced not one single male American Player that can compete on the world stage in it's 10 years of existence. The current pathetic USMNT are almost old enough to start using walkers and canes but we still roster them because we can not find a younger player in our DA system to replace them but then, I digress...

Additionally, if MVLA is better than Quakes, who are better than possibly Surfer's team, doesn't that mean that Surfer's team gets knocked down yet another notch?

Is it reasonable to just give the two teams a tip of the hat and say "Great Job!"
Not sure if this is intended to just provoke thought, sarcasm, controversial debate...don't know. Already said it was a great game. I responded to direct claims and opinion I disagree with about a team I'm with, I don't understand your rhetoric.

DA is not necessarily better than ECNL. I know many DA quality players that are doing ECNL because of the lighter restrictions. I.e., So cal blues 02G #1 team in the country is ECNL for unknown reasons other than to stack their local high school. Their academy team is the "b" team (from an inside source). Perhaps in time things will change but I see both leagues as 50-50 talent wise. I'd hate to be the visiting team to this 02G ECNL team or MVLA 04's.

Perhaps you want it to be second tier. Sounds like NorCal stayed ECNL for the most part. As previously discussed many of the top clubs choose to stay ECNL for one reason or another. Many parents are in wait and see mode. Unfortunately in SoCal , the powers that be, got label happy, and the talent pool has been diluted.

They were the only DA Team in the entire tournament and didn't make it out of bracket play.
I'll reply the same way I did about surf cup. How can 2 wins and a tie not make it out of pool play? Come on tournament directors. Get your act together. This happened to us a few years back and it sucks to lose out on tie-breakers when you're 2-0-1. Every tournament should have a WC. Otherwise, how can you guarantee the 2 best teams aren't in the same pool beating each other up, knocking each other out? Slammers ECNL is a good team, better than their academy team as we played both a few weeks ago.

I'll reply the same way I did about surf cup. How can 2 wins and a tie not make it out of pool play? Come on tournament directors. Get your act together. This happened to us a few years back and it sucks to lose out on tie-breakers when you're 2-0-1. Every tournament should have a WC. Otherwise, how can you guarantee the 2 best teams aren't in the same pool beating each other up, knocking each other out? Slammers ECNL is a good team, better than their academy team as we played both a few weeks ago.
It's soccer WC probably out shot Slammers 20 to 3, just couldn't covert knock out punch. Like in boxing Slammers had a puncher's chance at the end and got a turn over with 1-2 minutes remaining and converted. They should do well in ECNL play in SoCal area. Will have tougher time with better NoCal ECNL teams.

Does anyone know the showcase schedule for 2017 - 2018 and location? I apologize if it's been mentioned before but with the 125 pages of previous discussion about about DA, I couldn't find it. Thank you!

Back