Games of the Week

Only issue with Celtic is that they tend to take care of business against teams they should beat but have failed to beat any top teams this year. Maybe they get over the hump this weekend?
Although, your statement has some truth in it. I still believe Celtic is a top class team. For them to only be together for 1 year and accomplish what they have have done, it's amazing. Soccer is full of surprises, and I believe there will be many surprises this upcoming weekend!

For them to only be together for 1 year and accomplish what they have have done, it's amazing.

Get over the "only been together for one year" schtick. With the age group change that applies to almost all of these teams. Having most of their team together for several years is one of the reasons Strikers are doing so well. But for everyone else 9-12 months after these teams were formed they are no longer new teams getting to know each other. It is not an excuse for bad performance, nor a reason to celebrate good performance.

Get over the "only been together for one year" schtick. With the age group change that applies to almost all of these teams. Having most of their team together for several years is one of the reasons Strikers are doing so well. But for everyone else 9-12 months after these teams were formed they are no longer new teams getting to know each other. It is not an excuse for bad performance, nor a reason to celebrate good performance.
You must know soccer. Are you a coach?

Strikers made a serious statement with their 5-0 drubbing of a very solid Boca squad. Legends did as well with a 4-0 thrashing of Slammers. These two look tough to beat. Curious to see if Laufa can test Strikers, and Legends gets a chance to avenge an early season loss to Albion. That should be a battle.

Strikers made a serious statement with their 5-0 drubbing of a very solid Boca squad. Legends did as well with a 4-0 thrashing of Slammers. These two look tough to beat. Curious to see if Laufa can test Strikers, and Legends gets a chance to avenge an early season loss to Albion. That should be a battle.
I agree, very strong teams with very high expectations, but wouldn't you like to see upsets?

Every team had their own situation back when we split. Some teams kept the team number (rank) and or most of the players, some got players from other teams within the same club and didn’t suffer much, some others started from nothing. I am not excusing anybody or putting someone in a pedestal. I just mentioned my team case.

I would like to know from which team are you coming from, to get a better idea of your statement

It would be interesting to know about the make up of the 8 remaining teams. How much of the team was together the previous year. I'll start:

Albion - 17 players, no more than three came from any single team the previous year. Three teams contributed 3 players each. The other 8 players came from 8 different teams.

All i know these last 8 teams are playing their best soccer on the pitch right now. Like i previous said anything could happend on the pitch bad call by the ref to decide the game or a bad bounce here and there. Can't wait till Saturday. Lets go underdog Celtic

At this point of the tournament, all the games will be intense and surprising. All I know is that I agree with Mr.Alex and I'm going with the underdog. Let's go Celtic!!!

I think that it is obvious that Strikers and Legends are the two teams playing the best right now. Both of them crushed good teams in the round of 16 and didn't have any trouble in their group stage which also both had a top 5 team. I would say it is probably a 90% chance one of those two take it.

My prediction of who is most likely to win it would be in this order.

Strikers 1
Legends
Surf
Albion
LAUFA
Strikers 2
Celtic
Pumas

Strikers 1 are the favorite. Until someone proves they can be beaten on an 11 v 11 field you have to expect them to win it all.

If Legends pulls off winning the title they deserve the most credit. Their last five games of the season they would need to go 5-0 against the other top 5 teams in SoCal to win it all. They have a pretty good chance to pull it off.

Surf appears to be 1-5 against the four teams from the top half of the bracket so far this season. They have enough talent to win against anyone in the final and make up for all the unimportant losses. They also have the easiest path to the final and should be there so it is a one game tourney for them.

Albion would need an unbeleivable weekend to knock off Legends and Strikers on back to back days when those two teams are at peak form. There is a slight chance that could happen, but it is unlikely. My kid plays for Albion so I have to hope for the best.

You never know about LAUFA. They have tons of athletic kids, but have lost big several times this season. They can beat anyone on a good day, but their most likely path would be Strikers/Legends/Surf. Past history would indicate they aren't likely to win all of those without losing one.

Strikers 2 has a fighters chance. If nothing else the Strikers coaches over the last two years seem to have done a really good job of preparing their players for the games that really matter. Not sure how that would play out in a Strikers 1 vs Strikers 2 final, but that would be interesting to see.

There seems to be a lot of talk about Celtic. I haven't seen Celtic play, but based on their schedule they haven't faired well against the better teams this season. I think it is way more likely that Strikers 2 makes the final by upsetting Surf which isn't likely.

Pumas would have to pull of three huge upsets to win it. Making it to the semis for them would be a good accomplishment for the season.

I think that it is obvious that Strikers and Legends are the two teams playing the best right now. Both of them crushed good teams in the round of 16 and didn't have any trouble in their group stage which also both had a top 5 team. I would say it is probably a 90% chance one of those two take it.

My prediction of who is most likely to win it would be in this order.

Strikers 1
Legends
Surf
Albion
LAUFA
Strikers 2
Celtic
Pumas

Strikers 1 are the favorite. Until someone proves they can be beaten on an 11 v 11 field you have to expect them to win it all.

If Legends pulls off winning the title they deserve the most credit. Their last five games of the season they would need to go 5-0 against the other top 5 teams in SoCal to win it all. They have a pretty good chance to pull it off.

Surf appears to be 1-5 against the four teams from the top half of the bracket so far this season. They have enough talent to win against anyone in the final and make up for all the unimportant losses. They also have the easiest path to the final and should be there so it is a one game tourney for them.

Albion would need an unbeleivable weekend to knock off Legends and Strikers on back to back days when those two teams are at peak form. There is a slight chance that could happen, but it is unlikely. My kid plays for Albion so I have to hope for the best.

You never know about LAUFA. They have tons of athletic kids, but have lost big several times this season. They can beat anyone on a good day, but their most likely path would be Strikers/Legends/Surf. Past history would indicate they aren't likely to win all of those without losing one.

Strikers 2 has a fighters chance. If nothing else the Strikers coaches over the last two years seem to have done a really good job of preparing their players for the games that really matter. Not sure how that would play out in a Strikers 1 vs Strikers 2 final, but that would be interesting to see.

There seems to be a lot of talk about Celtic. I haven't seen Celtic play, but based on their schedule they haven't faired well against the better teams this season. I think it is way more likely that Strikers 2 makes the final by upsetting Surf which isn't likely.

Pumas would have to pull of three huge upsets to win it. Making it to the semis for them would be a good accomplishment for the season.
That's the big mistake with parents and fans. You guys don't believe, therefore, if you guys don't believe what makes you think your son will believe in winning against big teams. Yes, big teams are always expected to win, but if you guys watch professional soccer, anyone can lose in any given day. Like I said, soccer is full of surprises.

All I hear is that strikers is the team to beat which is true but any team is beatable on any given day. The other 7 teams are here for reason meaning they aint no slouch. Teams make adjustments so it should be a great quaterfinal Saturday.

Back