Games of the week....

For those that really know soccer and that actually played you know damn well that the Strikers can touch the ball. If you watch the 2004s compared to the 2003s then you will say that the Strikers play a quick touch and a passing game. They don't have the fastest 2004s so why play a running style? The 2003s have the fastest wingers out there so why not run them? This is soccer. Not every team can play the same style. Every player is different.
Roy is a great mentor and a great coach. You guys sound so ignorant. Watch the 2004 Academy play and you will understand.

The other point to remember is that academy did not exist when the 8/03-8/02 Strikers won National Cup, there was no mandated academy style 4-3-3, they could do whatever they wanted. Whatever criticism some of you want to level at Roy, the system he employed maximized the strengths of his team (his speedy wingers) and it won.

It was just absolute nonsense to blast the Strikers for not following the DA system when there was no DA at the time.

The other point to remember is that academy did not exist when the 8/03-8/02 Strikers won National Cup, there was no mandated academy style 4-3-3, they could do whatever they wanted. Whatever criticism some of you want to level at Roy, the system he employed maximized the strengths of his team (his speedy wingers) and it won.

It was just absolute nonsense to blast the Strikers for not following the DA system when there was no DA at the time.

Reading through this hot mess including what a former player parents said clearly, the vid, and what the younger team did recently seems pretty obvious:

The former 02/03 team was good & played a nice style but that wasn't good enough for somebody so they took on guest(s) players and changed their style to win, most refer to this as winning at all costs.

That 02/03' team won some tournaments that year but then the following year the remaining players drooped off when those guest(s) and other older players went elsewhere.

When you change to play to win and all costs, sacrifice a good development style, and don't have enough faith in your existing players people notice and those actions has ramifications.

The existing players lost development time and where left holding the bag when they reached the next level they struggled to play the formation, procession and passing style the league suggests.

Short term gains in soccer sometimes don't help players long to medium term but the kids are still young enough they should be able to adapt.

Once you see a pattern some parents may not trust the organization any longer. and that org may have trouble recruiting and retaining players and coaches and they simply move on.

Futsal is a good way to see if players are using skill to play or relying on athleticism. This is the story of youth soccer in the usa, we seems to be stuck in these hot messes year after year in youth soccer.

Hopefully we learn one of these days, there are no shortcuts and changing to win some tournaments at all costs doesn't matter much at these young ages.

The former 02/03 team was good & played a nice style but that wasn't good enough for somebody so they took on guest(s) players and changed their style to win, most refer to this as winning at all costs.
Don't think it was a guest player, it was 02 with August to Oct. birthday that played up on the Strikers 02-01 team and was moved down to 02-03 team to help that team win. I know the ACM who was moved down, my son has played against him for several years. He is a phenomenal player.

That 02/03' team won some tournaments that year but then the following year the remaining players drooped off when those guest(s) and other older players went elsewhere.
That's the million dollar question. My son has played against various iterations of that particular Strikers team, they never had issues moving the ball, they were always very well coached, very physical, very fast. This new Strikers team has a bunch of new players that never played flight 1 before. Is it the change in system, or is it the brand new players getting used to a higher level of soccer? Probably both.

Back on topic, CRL resumes this weekend & ussda back on for this AG
http://2016crl-calsouth.sportsaffin...mentguid=0489E688-35A7-4932-A0C5-D10046EB4E23

Saturday, January 28, 2017

LAGSD B03 Elite-Ritchie vs. Oxnard United Soccer Club
Total Futbol Academy vs. San Diego SC B2003 Academy Navy

FC Golden State U-13 vs Real So Cal U-13
Albion SC U-13 vs Strikers FC U-13

Any predictions for these or any of the games this weekend?

Whichever team gets a good nights sleep. Some of the 8am teams will be traveling 2 hours to get there by 7am.

8:00 AM 01 A12 vs A1 TFA vs. San Diego SC B2003 Academy Navy - TFA
8:00 AM 02 A2 vs A10 LAGSD Ritchie vs. Oxnard United - Oxnard
8:00 AM 03 A3 vs A8 CDA Slammers Esparza vs. Xplosion SC B03 - Xplosion
8:00 AM 04 A5 vs A4 LAUFA vs. West Coast FC B03 Kirsch - LAUFA
9:45 AM 02 A11 vs A9 CDA Slammers Godinez vs. Strikers FC - Godinez
9:45 AM 01 A6 vs A7 LAGSB 2003 Elite vs. FRAM B03-Britton - Fram

WC 0 - 2 LAUFA
LAUFA controlled most of the game, except maybe the first 15 minutes of 2nd half. 0-0 tie was broken with less then 10 minutes to play when LAUFA earned a PK.

Oxnard 1-0 LAGSD Ritchie. Slammers beat the Strikers...IIRC 8-1. For the Oxnard players that didn't sleep over, they had to be up and out at 5am.

I have been noticing a trend in tge past few years, it may be me only, but wanted to ask.
How and/ or why are these these francise super clubs taking over the small clubs. Is it the flouresent uniforms? The coaches choosing & getting more money?
Where is the identity of each team? It seems the name of the coaches are getting all the fame and not the boys. All I hear now us a last name due to the amount of teams of same are groupe.

Example: There is a McDonald's/ 7 Eleven/ Walmart in every City just like these clubs, the only difference is the francise holders name with a store number. Making the mama and papa shops go out of business.

I know of this one Arsenal FC flight 1 coach that gets plenty of recommendations but have yet to tell me of one player he's produced.

smh.there's a sucker born every minute.

I have been noticing a trend in tge past few years, it may be me only, but wanted to ask.
How and/ or why are these these francise super clubs taking over the small clubs. Is it the flouresent uniforms? The coaches choosing & getting more money?
Where is the identity of each team? It seems the name of the coaches are getting all the fame and not the boys. All I hear now us a last name due to the amount of teams of same are groupe.

Example: There is a McDonald's/ 7 Eleven/ Walmart in every City just like these clubs, the only difference is the francise holders name with a store number. Making the mama and papa shops go out of business.
The coaches are independent contractors, they are issued 1099s, not W2s. As independent contractors, coaches can cut deals with the club that offers them the most money, the best training facilities, a broader talent base.

The reality is that the biggest clubs have the most money and can offer to pay the coaches more, can get access to the best facilities, and with more teams in each age group, have the broadest talent base for coaches looking to build elite teams.

You have to watch out for the bait and switch as both a parent and a coach. A lot of coaches are lured into super clubs only to get their best players picked off for that super club's elite team. Without their elite players, that team slowly gets broken apart with the remaining players eventually switching clubs or joining different teams in that super club's umbrella.

As a parent, watch out for the lure of paying a premium to join the "reserve" team with the promise of being moved up when your kid improves. The premium you pay for your son to be on the reserve team subsidizes the top team.

I know of this one Arsenal FC flight 1 coach that gets plenty of recommendations but have yet to tell me of one player he's produced.

smh.there's a sucker born every minute.
It's going to be hard for any Arsenal coach to produce players when competing for talent with GSA. GSA is the 800 pound gorilla in the Riverside area.

The rise of the affiliation model has turned youth soccer into more like business disguised as a non profit. You now have investment bankers involved in clubs as board members where they seek to maximize returns through cash holding or other creative investment actions.

The more teams these affiliates get the better, the parent org gets a cut and the affiliates use the name to get more players, into tournaments, to sell tickets or whatever.

A lot more players are involved as a result but the quality, coaching, and style of play hasn't really improved at all for anything but the very top end. The rich has become richer is about all that's happen. The pathway for players from affiliates to the parent org is muted at best and there is no clear identity or style of play across the board for many.

There are still some smaller clubs producing, just look at CRL for example although not what it was in quality as before the age split and the rise or the DA league there are gassroot org like Xplosion SC or LAUFA who are still competitive with minimal fees based on economic need (sponsored) compared to the larger to medium affiliated clubs. Some of the bigger clubs don't produce the same results but still manage to attract players on name recognition.

What would help is a promotion and regulation system so that the establishment can be rewarded or not for performance and the smaller clubs who can develop players and perform can get some reward other than the bigger clubs recruiting there players with promises of grandeur.

It's going to be hard for any Arsenal coach to produce players when competing for talent with GSA. GSA is the 800 pound gorilla in the Riverside area.

Pomona, Chino Hills, Pasadena, etc. I could see that maybe although there's plenty of movement between the two clubs. Riverside, however, is getting to be a haul.

Pay-to-play coaching requires talent selection not talent identification.

So even if this Arsenal coach had the talent of GSA they'd likely regress.

SuperNatural. You seem to know it all so how do we fix the system? Do you think there are sponsors in every town in America that soccer exists? I am not saying that it should be as expensive as it is but if it is sponsored soccer only then the big clubs hold more power. Not all kids get the opportunity to tryout or play DA based on geographics but you say that DA and GSA specifically are the only true soccer. I contend there are many very talented young players outside the DA who receive very good coaching.

SuperNatural. You seem to know it all so how do we fix the system? Do you think there are sponsors in every town in America that soccer exists? I am not saying that it should be as expensive as it is but if it is sponsored soccer only then the big clubs hold more power. Not all kids get the opportunity to tryout or play DA based on geographics but you say that DA and GSA specifically are the only true soccer. I contend there are many very talented young players outside the DA who receive very good coaching.
Who are you? Who is so ignorant to confront SimonMagus in his own sanctum?

I am who I am. I am the one who sits and watches you pontificate, hate and berate.
My questions stands. Since this is your "sanctum", what is the fix?

I am who I am. I am the one who sits and watches you pontificate, hate and berate.
My questions stands. Since this is your "sanctum", what is the fix?
Still alive? You impress me, BigSoccer. More, your valor has touched my heart. Oh yes, there is still some small part of me that knows mercy. I will end your pain with something special I've been saving for just this occasion.

Back