Games of the week....

What's your explanation for big fish small pond?
If you want to discount the loss or addition of strong players as to why teams are doing worse or better, that's up to you. I disagree.
I you guys are talking about Striker's last year, then yes that was big fish in a pond that was breaking-up well before National cup.

I've seen the Strikers play over the years. The team suffered from its reliance on a few fast physical players, at the expense of others. Other players didn't show much interest in possessing the ball, just booting it forward routinely. Naturally, a few times in a game those balls landed close enough for one of the so-called studs to run to it. Parents go home happy with those wins, even parents whose kid just got cheated, development-wise. Actually, the parents of the studs got cheated too. At U16 the fields will be full of studs.

Yeah just watched the vid. I have to agree with, Ray. Not much futbol being played other than fundamentals and reliance on athleticism.

That first video is a real youth club championship game for this age group played out of state? Looks like a spoof of jungle ball who would pay to play and travel for games like that?

That right there pretty much sums up whats wrong with youth soccer in the USofA. What a example I bet some of the players just moved onto to other jungle ball teams to chase more trophies :eek:

I wanted to stay out of this Bullshit but after you post a video about Strikers FC and had the balls to say the things you said… I needed to stop your ignorance. First of all Mahrez Your some looser ass dad of some kid that got their ass kicked by Strikers last year and you're still butt hurt about it. It is sad how Strikers are the talk of the age group even when they play shit soccer. Why is that? Why are you guys so mad?
Must be because we kicked your asses up and down that field last year and you guys hate it. Mahrez must be a GSA dad or CDA and hates the fact that your sons team has alway been the Bridesmaid but never the bride. Mahrez, you post a video and compare it to some measly ass Academy game that means nothing. You want to criticize a final? Anyone that knows anything about soccer and a final of a mega tournament knows that finals never look good from either side. Just watch the first game from Dallas or the game that we play GSA off the field in Idaho, then talk. I know you're not to familiar how much more pressure goes into a game like that but hopefully one day you'll be able to experience it.
Mahrez you act like you know so much about USSDA and how the Strikers are at the bottom of the table. I thought there was no standings?
So once again good that your are doing so well in a league that there is no added pressure on the boys. Part of the problem with most of the LA club's is that those boys don't pan out when the going gets tough and they tend to quit. Name one kid that Galaxy or GSA or TFA or CDA has produce in the pro's? Even in the MLS?

Strikers FC had 2 players drafted in the MLS last week
Nick DePuy (4 years played Strikers)
Christian Theirjung (5 years played Strikers)

Strikers FC had 4 players at the MLS/US Nations camp in January
Benny Feilhaber (6 years played Strikers)
Steven Birnbaum (9 years played Strikers)
Chris Pontius (3 years played Strikers)
Chad Marshall (1 year played Strikers)

MLS
Christian Ramirez signed a deal with the new MLS Minnesota (4 years played Strikers)

Europe
Bobby Wood moved to Irvine from Hawaii to play for Strikers and we sent him to Germany
(2 years played Strikers)

This is just a small portion of what we've produced…Plus year after year we produce college players. Last year alone we were 5th in the country with scholarships from the DA. This year already we have a full scholarship commitment to Stanford and Cal Berkeley. I think we know how to handle development just fine and we will see when they are U16 how many of our boys are getting looked at by colleges and how many from other programs are. Don't disrespect what we've been doing for 30 years.

By the way this forum was used by kids talking soccer and shit to each other years ago before games and now its sad to see parents talk negatively about boys and girls that are just playing the game they love.

33de3c1dadc6abec1c237dd1c93be32f.jpg

I haven't been missing much by not going on the forums for a while. Still more of the same. CDA slammers will be at Dallas. Hope the boys are ready for some physical and faster soccer over there.
As far as the Strikers video it's kinda unfair to judge that team on a high stakes final game. I can say this though. During the regular season there was a better style of soccer without the 02 guest. During the National Cup run the team tightened up and played a lot of boot ball getting the ball to the forward and minimizing possession in the back. Was it pretty hell no. Did it get the results...It sure did. It was a great experience for the boys. If not for a clear goal getting nullified we might have had a Socal National Cup champion.
With this years National Cup around the corner we will see a lot of teams tighten up and play a different style. Oxnard and CDA Godinez imo are on another level and should be representing Cal South at regionals this year. As we know kids are kids and can be inconsistent and officiating can effect tight games.

I wanted to stay out of this Bullshit but after you post a video about Strikers FC and had the balls to say the things you said… I needed to stop your ignorance.
A friend of mine gave me some good advice about posting on these kinds of boards. If you're about to post an incendiary post at 1 in the morning on a group that puts a time stamp below your post, wait till the morning and re-read your post. Most others who are paying attention will assume you're drunk and not take you seriously. And most likely you will find that late night post a bunch of shit anyway.
Having said that, I'd assumed this is about a specific team, the former U13/now 2003 Strikers team, not the organization as a whole.

I don't understand what this guy's rage is about really?

That Strikers send players to MLS is of no surprise to us, but it's definitely not talent. More like what is shown on the vid.

That's basically what posters are saying, that Strikers FC is not producing anything.

http://www.lagalaxy.com/academy/alumni

Not to mention Galaxy has (6) six homegrown academy players on the current first team, just about the whole galaxy II roster or their players on the current Mens National Team.

When you take thousands of dollars each year from families you have to sell them something, every kids grows up wanting to be Benny Feilhaber who 99% of the youth players couldn't even tell you who is or what team he plays for.

Selling pipe dreams to a well to do community is easy until they wake up and realize that bobby wood spent one whole season and part of another there but lets take credit for his development, smh. Sort of like a middle school calming that Elon Musk development his genius there because he attended the 7th grade at their XYZ school

It's been a while since I've been on here.

Why is Everyone bashing the Strikers?
For those that really know soccer and that actually played you know damn well that the Strikers can touch the ball. If you watch the 2004s compared to the 2003s then you will say that the Strikers play a quick touch and a passing game. They don't have the fastest 2004s so why play a running style? The 2003s have the fastest wingers out there so why not run them? This is soccer. Not every team can play the same style. Every player is different.
Roy is a great mentor and a great coach. You guys sound so ignorant. Watch the 2004 Academy play and you will understand.

Some of you dad's have never played soccer and it Is hillarious reading this crap. I can't wait to see where these parents are in 5 years. Writing negative stuff about people is not going to make your son a better player.

About the Futsal Showcase. There was a lot of scouts out there. More then I've ever seen in one gathering. You should only worry about how your son did and not so much the team. It was the first time playing competitive futsal. The scouts know that. They were looking for those special players that stands out. Did your kid stand out? Who cares about how Galaxy or Real SoCal did. How many of those players are getting looked at. That's what really matters.

Reactions: JJP

For those that really know soccer and that actually played you know damn well that the Strikers can touch the ball. If you watch the 2004s compared to the 2003s then you will say that the Strikers play a quick touch and a passing game. They don't have the fastest 2004s so why play a running style? The 2003s have the fastest wingers out there so why not run them? This is soccer. Not every team can play the same style. Every player is different.
Roy is a great mentor and a great coach. You guys sound so ignorant. Watch the 2004 Academy play and you will understand.

Some of you dad's have never played soccer and it Is hillarious reading this crap. I can't wait to see where these parents are in 5 years. Writing negative stuff about people is not going to make your son a better player.

About the Futsal Showcase. There was a lot of scouts out there. More then I've ever seen in one gathering. You should only worry about how your son did and not so much the team. It was the first time playing competitive futsal. The scouts know that. They were looking for those special players that stands out. Did your kid stand out? Who cares about how Galaxy or Real SoCal did. How many of those players are getting looked at. That's what really matters.
I'm not involved with this age group, but I do read most of the forums and I can't help but think that maybe the reason people are so critical of the Strikers is because of how arrogant some of the parents were at the beginning of the season. Just saying...

I was there both days:

I watched some of your 12's and 13's at the futsal showcase and was hoping to see those players use skill rather than size or power and have a comfort with the ball at their feet. What I saw was a mixed bag.

The difference between your teams at the 12's and say TFA was a stark difference. 4 pts out of 18 over the six games was not exactly a good showing where TFA took all 18 pts. Please explain why this is? And what should be done to improve that for your player's?

I'm not with the strikers but I respect every team and every Coach. The LA Galaxy parents should not have to justify how good they are. They shouldn't even be allowed on here. This is one of America's top professional soccer teams. Why is this even a discussion?
Only in America!

Back