Galaxy U15 champions?

There are so many reasons why the US soccer system doesn’t work. I don’t know enough about the English system to comment on it. My opinion of the English system is that it produces enough players but they are split between England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Celts, Picts and God knows what other ethnic group that looks completely like every other ethnic group in that country.

My opinion is, it’s completely worth missing out on a Xavi (you would have to filter through millions of slow, unathletic players to find a Xavi) to flush out all the shitty, slow, unathletic, but supposedly “high IQ” players. The DA system is overwhelmed with deluded kids and parents who think their “high soccer IQ” will enable the kid to become a pro despite their limited athleticism.

Iniesta is another discussion. But Xavi, he really only could shine under certain circumstances, and once teams adjusted to Barcelona’s initial brand of tiki-taka, his days as a top player were done. Not sure why you’re acting like I don’t know what I’m talking about when it’s documented how Xavi got exposed and how Barcelona has spent HUGE amounts of money buying athleticism instead of doubling down on tiki-taka.

Your opinion of the English system and ‘ethnic groups’ is bizarre.

I’m not acting like you don’t know what you’re talking about; you’ve made some fair points. I only asked if you had a soccer background because if you do, you are the first person I’ve ever met (who has either played the game or really understands it) that doesn’t appreciate what Xavi brought to the table.

Thanks for the exchange anyway, I’ll leave it there. All the best.

Your opinion of the English system and ‘ethnic groups’ is bizarre.

My point is, if u put Bale, Giggs, Keene and other top notch players with the rest of the English team, that would be one hell of a team. I have zero background or interest in English history, so I have no idea why the talent is split that way. I assumed the teams were split on ethnic lines, but if I’m wrong, then just ignore it because I don’t care.

I’m not acting like you don’t know what you’re talking about; you’ve made some fair points. I only asked if you had a soccer background because if you do, you are the first person I’ve ever met (who has either played the game or really understands it) that doesn’t appreciate what Xavi brought to the table.

Thanks for the exchange anyway, I’ll leave it there. All the best.

Really? When Bayern Munich tore apart Barcelona in 2013 Champions League, all the pundits were talking about how Bayern had figured out how to crack tiki-taka with the key element being breaking down Xavi. There was a lot of discussion whether Xavi was overrated. So there’s no way I’m the first person who questioned Xavi’s “greatness.”

I actually believe the player who is more interesting than Xavi and Barcelona is Pirlo and Juventus. Once Bayern cracked Xavi, Barcelona was pretty quick to dump Xavi and switch from pure tiki-taka to a hybrid version that at times abandoned midfield control to outlet the ball to the NSM combo (Neymar-Suarez-Messi). Juventus, on the other hand, stuck with Pirlo for a while.

I can see that you are a big fan of Xavi and what he represents, but there’s no way I can call him great when you consider that his “legacy” includes getting torn apart in Champions League 2013, torn apart in World Cup 2014, voluntarily going to Qatar which IMO was an admission by him that the game had passed him by, his team abandoning the tiki-taka style of play with which he was identified, his team not even trying to replace him with a younger version of himself.

Maybe it’s fair to say that Xavi represents an evolution in the game. He tried to swing the pendulum toward soccer IQ and ball control, but the game evolved to more athleticism and pressure all over the pitch.

I didn’t, I completely got your point. I just don’t agree with it, even though I respect it and understand why you have that view.

It’s not an ‘athlete’ problem. This article explains it without me having to type about the complexities of the issue for hours.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.st...-if-only-americas-best-athletes-played-soccer

Hard for me to take that article seriously when it's first point is: "...asking that question assumes that US Soccer players aren't already amazing athletes in their own right, which is patently false." I never said Soccer players aren't amazing athletes, I was just asserting we might do better if US Soccer attracted a much larger number of our best athletes. I do appreciate you posting it and I did find it an interesting read.

Hard for me to take that article seriously when it's first point is: "...asking that question assumes that US Soccer players aren't already amazing athletes in their own right, which is patently false." I never said Soccer players aren't amazing athletes, I was just asserting we might do better if US Soccer attracted a much larger number of our best athletes. I do appreciate you posting it and I did find it an interesting read.
You ok?

My point is, if u put Bale, Giggs, Keene and other top notch players with the rest of the English team, that would be one hell of a team. I have zero background or interest in English history, so I have no idea why the talent is split that way. I assumed the teams were split on ethnic lines, but if I’m wrong, then just ignore it because I don’t care.

Really? When Bayern Munich tore apart Barcelona in 2013 Champions League, all the pundits were talking about how Bayern had figured out how to crack tiki-taka with the key element being breaking down Xavi. There was a lot of discussion whether Xavi was overrated. So there’s no way I’m the first person who questioned Xavi’s “greatness.”

I actually believe the player who is more interesting than Xavi and Barcelona is Pirlo and Juventus. Once Bayern cracked Xavi, Barcelona was pretty quick to dump Xavi and switch from pure tiki-taka to a hybrid version that at times abandoned midfield control to outlet the ball to the NSM combo (Neymar-Suarez-Messi). Juventus, on the other hand, stuck with Pirlo for a while.

I can see that you are a big fan of Xavi and what he represents, but there’s no way I can call him great when you consider that his “legacy” includes getting torn apart in Champions League 2013, torn apart in World Cup 2014, voluntarily going to Qatar which IMO was an admission by him that the game had passed him by, his team abandoning the tiki-taka style of play with which he was identified, his team not even trying to replace him with a younger version of himself.

Maybe it’s fair to say that Xavi represents an evolution in the game. He tried to swing the pendulum toward soccer IQ and ball control, but the game evolved to more athleticism and pressure all over the pitch.

Xavi was 33 for gods sake. LOL.

C. Ronaldo is also 33 and he plays forward and relies on athleticism. Xavi’s game never relied on athleticism so his game should theoretically age better.

You're right, that's why he's far from what he was 5 years ago and probably won't be coming back with Real.

I think it’s a very small number of DA parents who think their kid will make the “big time,” and the program should be seen and even appreciated for what it is: A chance to play at a high(er) level, have some cool opportunities to travel, get an extra practice or two per week, some cool gear, and play a bunch of games.

I’m an occasional drop-in on these boards, but the topics raised so often turn really to the state of US soccer. Fine, that’s a legit concern for soccer enthusiasts, and maybe fun to debate...and I agree we’ll likely never have a program that rivals say, an Argentina. I don’t know if the DA system is broken so much as just years behind anything the soccer power countries have in place.

I know this: My teen is having an incredible experience, developing, making friends, and hopes to score some college $ for his efforts, not change the world and the US Soccer machine. I daresay he’s not in the minority there, either.

In a few years this will all be a memory, friends! I say we enjoy every minute!

I think it’s a very small number of DA parents who think their kid will make the “big time,” and the program should be seen and even appreciated for what it is: A chance to play at a high(er) level, have some cool opportunities to travel, get an extra practice or two per week, some cool gear, and play a bunch of games.

I’m an occasional drop-in on these boards, but the topics raised so often turn really to the state of US soccer. Fine, that’s a legit concern for soccer enthusiasts, and maybe fun to debate...and I agree we’ll likely never have a program that rivals say, an Argentina. I don’t know if the DA system is broken so much as just years behind anything the soccer power countries have in place.

I know this: My teen is having an incredible experience, developing, making friends, and hopes to score some college $ for his efforts, not change the world and the US Soccer machine. I daresay he’s not in the minority there, either.

Wow wow yes sir, after today I will take your words seriously, one of the best if not the best, kool little article ever written on this forum, you true words will never die, thanks.

I with you on enjoying the moments, college sholarships funds could be a nice bonus but my son is playing because he loves soccer and he's not counting on getting anything $ wise but maybe easier admissions or class availablity.

He's already visited / talked to LMU, UCLA, CAL and beyond partial soccer sholarships based on economic needs he's looking into other sholarships programs to be able to manage the fees of these types of schools.

He played boys ECNL this past season which was more competitive than his previous league but after whatching da games of his friends he thinks the top da teams are more competitive vs top ecnl teams. Regular top club teams are pretty close to both in tournaments and it's normally just a matter of depth or strength of the whole squad.

Big year coming up for these boys so should interesting to see them continue to grow & develop. Some overseas International tournments this summer I heard from some teams?

I read and listened a lot of soccer related bs since I moved here from Europe, but your idiotic rant about Xavi JJP surpasses everything. Out of curiosity, where have you played soccer in your youth?

So galaxy looses both there u15 showcase games so far 2-1 to red bulls who played 04's and a 05 while galaxy played only there 03 starters.

DC United also beat them 2-1 and the Galaxy center back is suspended after his 10th yellow card, did he lead the SW league in fouls?

Champions claim is not looking good for them and when they meet teams with silimar records the haven't really done well like when golden state beat them 3-0.

Red Bulls subbed in started one 2004 and subbed in one 04 and one 05 at the 62nd minute, you painted a picture of galaxy playing a team full of 2004's.

Back