G06 - Youth Soccer Rankings

I thought the HI teams were beneficiaries of small sample size, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Youth Soccer Rankings continues to impress me. The predicted score differential is pretty accurate.

It's good but games that go to PK's and are reported by the PK score rather than the actual score throw it off. Not that I'm bitter VEGAS!!!

Did you play the Goats in the OC Tournament

No, we did Anaheim Surf Cup that weekend. Maybe next time. I love the whole goats concept. I organized a similar thing with a group of kids last year. The kids & parents had a really good time. We ended up loosing in the final! It was truly a good break from what was otherwise a somewhat stressful year.

Although the thing that I thought might have made it a bit better was we were so geographically dispersed and with the age change we didn't have the whole "you should come play with us next year" sort of thing. Everyone knew it was just for the weekend and now with the girls in separate age groups we might not ever be able to do it with that group again.

No, we did Anaheim Surf Cup that weekend. Maybe next time. I love the whole goats concept. I organized a similar thing with a group of kids last year. The kids & parents had a really good time. We ended up loosing in the final! It was truly a good break from what was otherwise a somewhat stressful year.

Although the thing that I thought might have made it a bit better was we were so geographically dispersed and with the age change we didn't have the whole "you should come play with us next year" sort of thing. Everyone knew it was just for the weekend and now with the girls in separate age groups we might not ever be able to do it with that group again.
I had you confused with So Cal Academy. They are who the Goats played in the semi finals.( Excited sidelines) I think you played before us at Surf Thanksgiving. I'd say lets set up a scrimmage but it looks like the season in winding down pretty quick. The goats was a really fun time. My DD has played the past 2 years with them. She gets to play in positions she normally doesn't get to play with the Legends.

I had you confused with So Cal Academy. They are who the Goats played in the semi finals.( Excited sidelines) I think you played before us at Surf Thanksgiving. I'd say lets set up a scrimmage but it looks like the season in winding down pretty quick. The goats was a really fun time. My DD has played the past 2 years with them. She gets to play in positions she normally doesn't get to play with the Legends.

Lol we tend to have a good time on our sidelines but we aren't with So Cal. We are with Carlos Guerrero's FCGS team.

Yeah we did play before you and were hanging out waiting for our next game behind your side when you were playing Anaheim. That game was interesting with even the coaches getting into it with eachother. Any idea why they were so fired up?

Last edited:
Lol we tend to have a good time on our sidelines but that wasn't us. We are with Carlos Guerrero's FCGS team.

We were hanging out behind your side when you were playing Anaheim. That game was interesting with even the coaches getting into it with eachother. Any idea why they were so fired up?
I do but will not comment on the boards. Maybe we will meet up in Temecula in a few weeks. I'm always at my same spot when watching my DD play.

I was looking at rankings and saw that Cal South State Cup results have been removed from the rankings? Does anyone know why? A consequence of Anaheim Surf's questionable conduct?

I was looking at rankings and saw that Cal South State Cup results have been removed from the rankings? Does anyone know why? A consequence of Anaheim Surf's questionable conduct?
Looked at YSR and all SC results from all teams have been removed.

State Cup results are gone, but looks like the rankings are unchanged. I noticed a few days ago that the site admin tweaked the formula and Strikers North Ayala dropped out of the top 10, which is appropriate IMO.

EGSL starts March 25. Who's playing? Looking forward to seeing everyone's retooled squads.

The ranking site has been shutdown. The following message appears on the main page...

"GOODBYE!!!
With much sadness I have decided to shut down this rankings site. My real job has gotten a lot busier recently and I do not have sufficient time to dedicate to keeping this site updated. Thanks to everyone who has contributed over the years."

Back