G06 - Youth Soccer Rankings

i'm sure Hawaii will be stiff competition for Sting Black, lol

We played Rush at Surf Cup. They clearly belong being mentioned among the top teams in the G06 age group. They were physical, but at times they crossed the line of fair play. It's not ok to have players shoving and throwing elbows when the referee turns around to sub new players into the game. Hopefully, that was just an aberration and not typical of them.

To make matters worse, with tensions already high, one of their parents sat behind the goal on our side. When she didn't like the referee telling her to go back to the sidelines, she flipped off one of our moms, at which point mayhem almost ensued. Given the fact that some of the Rush Dad's looked like they spend a great deal of time in the gym I did not like our chances, but thankfully calmer heads prevailed.

It really turned out to be a great game for our girls. I thought they got a lot out of it. I even had a chance to meet some of their parents who are really cool. I definitely would be willing to make the clear sacrifice to head out to Hawaii for a rematch!

I thought the HI teams were beneficiaries of small sample size, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Youth Soccer Rankings continues to impress me. The predicted score differential is pretty accurate.

Back