From Russia With Love

President Donald Trump may be on vacation right now, but as Stephen Colbert put it, it’s a “working vacation, because he’s still lying.”

According to the Toronto Star’s Daniel Dale, Trump told a record 280 lies in July. Over the past week, the president reportedly told a whopping 132 lies, almost five times his average rate. “Wow, that’s impressive,” Colbert said, joking that Trump must be using a “Fib-bit” to make sure he “gets his lies in” each day. That includes the “most glaring lie” of all, that his son Donald Trump Jr. is “wonderful.”

“With his tendency to cheat on facts it is no wonder Trump’s lawyers don’t want the president to sit down for an interview with special counsel Robert Mueller,” Colbert said. “And the folks on Fox News agree.”

After playing a clip in which one Fox pundit asked, “How in the world could he ever cooperate and sit down with Mueller for an interview knowing that if you tell one lie to Bob Mueller he will move to file charges?” Colbert made a suggestion.

“This sounds crazy, but hear me out,” Colbert said. “He could not lie.” But, he added, “his lawyers know that’s not an option.”

Meanwhile, Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani has said that Mueller should only be able to ask the president questions if he “hasn’t made up his mind that Trump is lying.”

“He can ask as long as he doesn't think that Trump is going to lie?” Colbert asked. “That is a legal equivalent of, ‘I’m going to tell you something, but promise you won’t get mad first.’”

Mueller has t in a spot where if he answered some questions truthfully, he will be admitting to a crime. If t had a good lawyer, he would jump in with a 5th Amendment claim. Rudy's not that good.

Mueller has t in a spot where if he answered some questions truthfully, he will be admitting to a crime. If t had a good lawyer, he would jump in with a 5th Amendment claim. Rudy's not that good.
How many votes did Trump get as a result of collusion again?

You have made several posts recently in this thread that have little information in them except conjecture, opinion & expertise you lack, exposing delightful features of your priggish personality.

:cool:

You have made several posts recently in this thread that have little information in them except conjecture, opinion & expertise you lack, exposing delightful features of your priggish personality.

:cool:

What did I get wrong there?

Got it.
Anything else on your list of "better news" sources?

"Mother Jones"?
"Democracy Now"?

I might have bought a copy of Mother Jones 30 years ago to kill time in an airport. Is Democracy Now website, TV, or print?

The only time I hear about sources of this ilk is when you or your friends quote them here.

I might have bought a copy of Mother Jones 30 years ago to kill time in an airport. Is Democracy Now website, TV, or print?

The only time I hear about sources of this ilk is when you or your friends quote them here.
You're the only person on this forum I've seen post a link to Mother Jones.
It was awhile back, but not thirty years ago.

The "better news sources" you mentioned, what are they?

Back