From Russia With Love

So just when you didn't think it could get weirder. Here's a bit from the Beast.

Pro-Confederate Birther Introduced Maria Butina’s Handler to NRA Chief
https://www.thedailybeast.com/pro-c...d-maria-butinas-handler-to-nra-chief?ref=home

The first American to introduce two of the major players at the heart of a shocking Russian spy scandal has such deep ties to Moscow that he has doubted Barack Obama’s American citizenship in the course of demonstrating his affinity for Vladimir Putin.

“As long as U.S. is electing foreign-born presidents,” tweeted Tennessee attorney G. Kline Preston IV in 2013, “I propose Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin.”

Two years later, at a rally featuring soon-to-be-President Donald Trump, Preston tweeted: “Donald Trump today in Nashville. He is a friend of Russia.” He wrote the message in Russian.

In other words, at the very beginning of what appears to be an audacious geopolitical gambit to pivot the American right in Moscow’s direction is a birther who has explicitly stated a preference for Vladimir Putin to run the United States of America. He’s also something of a Confederate enthusiast, according to his Facebook activity.

“As long as U.S. is electing foreign-born presidents... I propose Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin.”
— G. Kline Preston IV
Preston’s offline activities mirror his social-media habits. He’s occasionally works as a freelance elections observer for Russia, testifying about the fidelity and freedom of various Russian elections and bringing Moscow an American voice it can point to for legitimacy. And he’s brought officials to his home state of Tennessee to witness an American presidential election up close. Preston is also tied to Marsha Blackburn, a conservative congresswoman running for Senate in Tennessee.

under Treasury Department sanctions, is a friend and confidant of Preston, who has described Torshin as a client. In 2011, according to multiple accounts, Preston introduced Torshin to David Keene, then the president of the National Rifle Association. (Torshin “was interested in the NRA so I hooked him up,” Preston told The Tennessean earlier this year.) It’s the first known contact between the NRA and the Russians, and it wouldn’t be the last.

You mean because you thought you posted something that deserved more than "nothing"?

Bubs... if I've ever find myself a pedestal like yours, where the view is so good I can look down on all "them people", I hope I'd be a little less judgemental and uppity then you.

I am in the position you've assigned to me given my responses.
So self-serving blowhard it is . . . no wonder you people like Trump so much, you have so much in common (except the inherited millions part and got bailed out first by daddy and now Russian interests controlled by Putin).

So self-serving blowhard it is . . . no wonder you people like Trump so much, you have so much in common (except the inherited millions part and got bailed out first by daddy and now Russian interests controlled by Putin).

Speaking of being bailed out - I was surprised to learn from the Cohen tapes in the news recently that t, despite being a self-made billionaire, did not have the cash he needed to deal with his mistress problems just waiting in the back of his desk drawer.

First the dismantling of the State Department and now no one in charge of cyber security? Seems someone wants to weaken our defenses and mute diplomacy . . .

Amid mounting warnings about another Russian cyberattack on the 2018 midterm elections, President Trump’s former homeland security adviser said a recent staff shakeup ordered by national security adviser John Bolton has left the White House with nobody in charge of U.S. cyber policy and raised concerns about “who is minding the store.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-t...store-white-house-cyberthreats-090017630.html

Vladimir Putin tried to help Donald Trump win the presidency. As president, Trump is helping Putin achieve a top strategic goal.

And the question is: Why?

Republican Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona flatly rejected Trump's idea, which Republican Gov. John Kasich of Ohio said "does not protect or defend the national security interests of the United States or our allies." Others cast Trump's unusual battles with historic friends while reaching out to an existential historic enemy as part of a corrupt bargain that put him in the White House in the first place.

"This transatlantic rift is a gift to Russia that amply repays Vladimir Putin's investment in helping the Trump campaign," wrote the conservative foreign policy expert Max Boot.

Former aides to President Barack Obama spoke out just as bluntly.

"If Putin were giving Trump instructions, it's hard to imagine how he could do more damage to America's alliance and global leadership than Trump has already done," ex-national security advisor Susan Rice said on Twitter.

"He doesn't even try not to seem like the Manchurian candidate," tweeted Samantha Power, Obama's former ambassador to the United Nations.

"Trump picks fights with our allies and bends over backward to appease Putin," noted former U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul. "Why?"

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/08/trump-is-helping-putin-with-a-key-goal-when-he-spurns-us-allies.html

You're avoiding the question.

Here's the thread of back and forth post between me and bubs.
Good grief... Bruddah your a waste of time. Please don't bother replying to my posts if this is the best you can do son.

Any examples of Dems saying the election is rigged. Or is this more of a like a sing-a-long where no one cares about facts, they just sing a long?
Apparently
Wow another great conversation about nothing with Bruddah. Yawnn....
You didn't like the response?
Doesn't really have so much to do with like or not like. It was just empty...
You mean because you thought you posted something that deserved more than "nothing"?

Speaking of being bailed out - I was surprised to learn from the Cohen tapes in the news recently that t, despite being a self-made billionaire, did not have the cash he needed to deal with his mistress problems just waiting in the back of his desk drawer.
Collusion anyone?

Here's the thread of back and forth post between me and bubs.
Good grief... Bruddah your a waste of time. Please don't bother replying to my posts if this is the best you can do son.
On the contrary. Read your first post again and tell me how it is unlike the hundreds of other post that express the same idea with different words. Tell me how smart you are again.

On the contrary. Read your first post again and tell me how it is unlike the hundreds of other post that express the same idea with different words. Tell me how smart you are again.
You are often seen tripping over yourself in some vain attempt to act like you are ultimately aware, yet often you simply prove otherwise.

You are often seen tripping over yourself in some vain attempt to act like you are ultimately aware, yet often you simply prove otherwise.

It's easy for a smart person to pretend to be stupid, but not so easy the other way. Or, like Chance in Being There, sometimes it just happens by accident.

Back