Fall League Schedules?

Why? Logistics, level of competition,...?
Level of competition, i don't think it will be there for the DA 2 teams-- especially since SCDSL is organized by geographical area-- and all the DA and ECNL teams are no longer playing in that league. Don't get me wrong, I still think SCDSL will be great for youngers and as a development league for the next tier of teams. I think CRL will also still be great. Can't comment on the other leagues since my kids have never played in them. All good to me as the more playing options, the better.

Back to the topic, any idea when schedules will be released for SCDSL?

Historically, its the week of or late previous week prior to the opening day.

So that puts the estimate at late next week or early the following the Labor Day weekend.

They all have working schedule but most are waiting for confirmation from the city for their fields. The priority of rec leagues often impacts these schedules. Its not just soccer (e.g., AYSO), but all rec field sports in the fall such as fall baseball, flag football and so on.

Level of competition, i don't think it will be there for the DA 2 teams-- especially since SCDSL is organized by geographical area-- and all the DA and ECNL teams are no longer playing in that league. Don't get me wrong, I still think SCDSL will be great for youngers and as a development league for the next tier of teams. I think CRL will also still be great. Can't comment on the other leagues since my kids have never played in them. All good to me as the more playing options, the better.

Aren't you guys tired of reaping the same thing over and over again? The subject of ECNL DPL and GDA has spilled into multiple threads, inspire the fact that there is a dedicated area for this.

Go start your own dedicated thread....

What about NPL ? or is it EPL2 ? Can we get a reserve team to back up the other reserve team ?...

I like the original flavors of Kool Aid who needs Strawberry-Kiwi...

Gosh how many times do we have to say it: They needed this league because these clubs were not allowed into ECNL after getting accepted into DA (or before even). I could even argue that GDA would not exist if ECNL had let some of these clubs in.

Here's the deal. First, if we all agree with the premise that playing against the best makes you better (i.e. steel sharpening steel), then we can continue the discussion, if not there is nothing more to discuss.

If you agree with the premise, then what you should have is elite teams playing elite teams, excellent playing excellent, very good playing very good, and so on. Ideally the best way to do this is to consolidate/concentrate these teams to a single platform/league. We know that's not going to happen but that is the ideal, so anything that goes away from that (i.e. creating a new league where there was already a platform for those teams to play competitively) strays from what should be the fundamental premise imo.

And yes, I'd be in favor of any format that would accomplish this.

Level of competition, i don't think it will be there for the DA 2 teams

That is just factually incorrect, I don't know how else to put it RD. For just a very small sample size look at the CRL standings and you'll find teams from different leagues scattered all over the place. And that's given the fact that many dpl teams received automatic entry which limits the amount of SCDSL, CSL, SDDA teams they are playing.

That is just factually incorrect, I don't know how else to put it RD. For just a very small sample size look at the CRL standings and you'll find teams from different leagues scattered all over the place. And that's given the fact that many dpl teams received automatic entry which limits the amount of SCDSL, CSL, SDDA teams they are playing.
I don't know if this is true but I heard complaints that some DPL teams used their DA players during play-in. Could they have also used them up until last week when rosters published for DA?

I don't know if this is true but I heard complaints that some DPL teams used their DA players during play-in. Could they have also used them up until last week when rosters published for DA?
I would think that the team you plan to use in CRL should be the team that plays in the play in tournament? Right?

Based on the 04 CRL play in thread Legends also used DA players. And didn't Arsenaal 03 use ECNL players for State Cup?

Legends Riverside is the one with DA guests. Legends Riverside is non-DA

Okay, now please, let's get back to the exciting discussion of when the SCDSL schedules will be out!

Yes really, why does anyone have problem with DPL? ... If it is SCDSL, then please ask SCDSL why they didn't have more controls on which affiliate teams they allowed in in a specific geographic area? Gosh, it's monotonous to play your sister teams and 4 teams from Club X (fill in the blanks) twice per season.
That's not the case for the Champions flight (where most former SCDSL teams played prior to DPL). Champions placement is based on talent, not geography, and each team plays 10 different opponents once (typically not more than 2 or 3 being from the same club).

Back to the topic, any idea when schedules will be released for SCDSL?
The tentative schedules are in the hands of the clubs. Those clubs are now in the process of populating fields for their home teams, freaking out as to how they are going to host X number of games on their existing field permits, fielding coaching demands regarding conflicts, etc. The ETA for final (public) schedules are about a week before the season. The only thing all parents know right now is that the older teams will be off on the SAT and ACT test dates.

Back