Fall League Schedules?

Perhaps some "hate" -- I do not share your ability to see into the heart of others and conclude as to their motivations. However, asking why another league needed to be created, when there are arguably too many already, is not hate. Questioning those who claim this new league's superiority, when there is little evidence yet to support it, is not hate. Some might think a healthy skepticism is wise. And there is a point where "options" become just a bunch of imbalanced, diluted fall scrimmage leagues where games no longer have any meaning.

And that is why your not a hater. Because you phrase your concerns correctly. Hate is in the tone not the questioning of things

Perhaps some "hate" -- I do not share your ability to see into the heart of others and conclude as to their motivations. However, asking why another league needed to be created, when there are arguably too many already, is not hate. Questioning those who claim this new league's superiority, when there is little evidence yet to support it, is not hate. Some might think a healthy skepticism is wise. And there is a point where "options" become just a bunch of imbalanced, diluted fall scrimmage leagues where games no longer have any meaning.
Gosh how many times do we have to say it: They needed this league because these clubs were not allowed into ECNL after getting accepted into DA (or before even). I could even argue that GDA would not exist if ECNL had let some of these clubs in.

Gosh how many times do we have to say it: They needed this league because these clubs were not allowed into ECNL after getting accepted into DA (or before even). I could even argue that GDA would not exist if ECNL had let some of these clubs in.
Please explain why this "needed" this league? Maybe I am just missing an untapped niche as I was even against SCDSL at the beginning.

Please explain why this "needed" this league? Maybe I am just missing an untapped niche as I was even against SCDSL at the beginning.
Okay well, I guess you could also ask why ECNL does not just fold, now that there is DA, and absorb into one of the other existing leagues like SCDSL, etc. etc. Or why those 4 outlier DA clubs don't just skip ECNL and participate in DPL like the others. Like really, if your child was on a DA 2nd team who did not have ECNL, you would not want to play SCDSL I guarantee it

Okay well I guess you could also ask why ECNL does not just fold, now that there is DA, and absorb into one of the existing leagues like SCDSL, CSL, or even DPL!
Currently ECNL is very strong across the country except in the younger ages in SoCal. But I do agree that it should be phased out.

When my son played DA that was it for the boys. No
ECNL like they have now and which I never hear about. The boys have never had DPL either. So why the need for girls?

I know Real wanted ECNL too but was denied by them. I wouldn't be surprised that this happened to other DA clubs. I have no direct knowledge on why DPL was formed just what I have read. But it makes sense that they felt they needed reserve teams in case they needed a designated player which has to come from their own club. Also they didn't want to lose their strong 02 players since this age group has to compete with 01's for a DA slot this year. Also surprisingly so to some people, some kids want to play High School. Could the DPL teams have played in CSL or SCDSL? Yes. But instead they formed their own league. Sound similar to the reasons every other league was formed.

Currently ECNL is very strong across the country except in the younger ages in SoCal. But I do agree that it should be phased out.

When my son played DA that was it for the boys. No
ECNL like they have now and which I never hear about. The boys have never had DPL either. So why the need for girls?
The boys never had ECNL. That is why they never had DPL. I don't know, what is the boys 2nd team called? The Gold Team?

These are just different terms for a 2nd team. And yes, from a club perspective, the DA clubs that were kept out of ECNL needed something to offer other than the existing alternatives in order to compete with the 4 who do have ECNL.

And by they way their is now ECNL league for boys. You don't see boys parents complaining.
Yes really, why does anyone have problem with DPL? If it is because your club is ECNL, then why not complain to ECNL and ask them why they haven't offered to put the other DA clubs 2 teams in their league? If it is SCDSL, then please ask SCDSL why they didn't have more controls on which affiliate teams they allowed in in a specific geographic area? Gosh, it's monotonous to play your sister teams and 4 teams from Club X (fill in the blanks) twice per season.

My kids are not in DPL, but looking at their league, it seems fine.

Yes really, why does anyone have problem with DPL? If it is because your club is ECNL, then why not complain to ECNL and ask them why they haven't offered to put the other DA clubs 2 teams in their league? If it is SCDSL, then please ask SCDSL why they didn't have more controls on which affiliate teams they allowed in in a specific geographic area? Gosh, it's monotonous to play your sister teams and 4 teams from Club X (fill in the blanks) twice per season.

My kids are not in DPL, but looking at their league, it seems fine.

ECNL has not offered to put DA's second teams in their leagues for many reasons, but a major one is that these teams have no official recognition by nor affiliation with US Soccer's Girls DA program -- it is a Socal invention. ECNL is a national league. While I expect ECNL at this point might be more flexible and willing to work with US Soccer, US Soccer has never seen the need to work with ECNL. They view ECNL as simply a college showcase circuit, nothing more. For US Soccer, showcasing talent to colleges is a necessary evil, at best, but not a primary goal.

SCDSL was formed to provide clubs ultimate flexibility, and exerting control over the number of teams or affiliates was precisely what the DOC's who founded it where getting away from (the CSL 3 team rule).

As for DPL, it seems that the better DPL teams qualified and are participating in CRL, as are the best CSL and SCDSL teams (like a champions league, minus the DA/ECNL). The DPL league is essentially a way for DA clubs to offer their second teams access to a closed and "elite" circuit, since there is no guarantee they will earn their way into CRL. CRL has provided the best competition within Socal outside of ECNL. the last 2-3 years.

So DPL may be fine, but was it necessary from a development/competition standpoint, or is it just marketing? I would also argue their (the DA clubs) energy and talent is better spent developing their players, not running leagues that add nothing to the existing landscape.

I know Real wanted ECNL too but was denied by them. I wouldn't be surprised that this happened to other DA clubs. I have no direct knowledge on why DPL was formed just what I have read. But it makes sense that they felt they needed reserve teams in case they needed a designated player which has to come from their own club. Also they didn't want to lose their strong 02 players since this age group has to compete with 01's for a DA slot this year. Also surprisingly so to some people, some kids want to play High School. Could the DPL teams have played in CSL or SCDSL? Yes. But instead they formed their own league. Sound similar to the reasons every other league was formed.
Why do they need reserve players if this is about development? Wasn't that your original argument?
Next your comment about not wanting to lose players is just another way of saying marketing. Because they get to play on fields next to DA teams and in Vegas Showcase does not mean any coaches are going to show up. Good luck with your pipe dream.

I will enlighten you when you enlighten me as to why you have such a hard on for Gins
Ginns is the most unethical one in this group. He goes around claiming that he is the mastermind of DA 2 and that US Soccer listens to and takes his advice. When in reality he used the DA name without permission to market to parents of his 2nd teams. He knows better than to use the DA name without permission but did it for his own personal gain instead of the best interest of kids, which is not an issue to me if he did it honestly.

Why do they need reserve players if this is about development? Wasn't that your original argument?
Next your comment about not wanting to lose players is just another way of saying marketing. Because they get to play on fields next to DA teams and in Vegas Showcase does not mean any coaches are going to show up. Good luck with your pipe dream.

I am surprised I have to explain this to you. I thought as a coach you would be smarter but I guess your "agenda" is getting in the way. You need reserves because girls get injured or other life events happen like moving. I have seen a roster of 18 struggle to field 11 before due to injury.

I am happy with my pipe dream. Doesn't sound like your happy with your own.

I think another way to see how the DPL teams stack up would be in CRL play. Mind you these are vs. Non ECNL clubs.

http://2017crlleagueseason.sportsaf...88082C-745C-4D0B-B45D-8D225EAC7B94&show=girls

Brief break down of the standings below, teams highlighted are on the top half of the table:

2004 (13 teams)
3. Beach DPL
4. Legends DPL

9. LAGSD DPL
10.LA Galaxy DPL
11. Real So Cal DPL

2003 (12 teams)
6. Legends DPL
11. LA Galaxy DPL
12. LAGSD DPL

Through 1 weekend of play

2002 (11 teams)
3. Albion DPL
5. Legends DPL

6. Beach DPL
8. LAGSD DPL
11. Real So Cal DPL

2001 (11 teams)
1. Legends DPL
4. Beach DPL

8. LA Galaxy DPL
9. LAGSD DPL
11. Albion DPL

For those of you "in-the-know", when can we expect the league schedules?

Historically, its comes out around a week to 10 days before the start date for CSL and SCDSL.

If you can post info regarding all the league schedules here, then is consolidated into a single thread.

DA is out (both league and playoff/showcases)
ECNL
ECNL-Boys
CRL is out (first set of games)
DPL
SCDSL
CSL

Thanks in advance.

Ok, DPL schedule is also now out. Healthy debate about where DPL belongs in the pecking order....

But the point of this thread is to focus on the schedule status. Please don't hijack the thread to be something else.

ECNL - ??
ECNL-Boys - ??
DPL is out
SCDSL - ??
CSL - 8/28??

Thanks in advance.

Ok, DPL schedule is also now out. Healthy debate about where DPL belongs in the pecking order....

But the point of this thread is to focus on the schedule status. Please don't hijack the thread to be something else.

ECNL - ??
ECNL-Boys - ??
DPL is out
SCDSL - ??
CSL - 8/28??

Thanks in advance.
The clubs have the ECNL schedules already. We have had them since before Surf Cup. However, they are not posted on the ECNL website.

Back