Espola's newest neighborhood

http://www.historicmapworks.com/Map/US/31331/Duxbury/Washington+County+1873/Vermont/

1873 map - The B. Corliss on the southernmost road was my great-grandfather, deafened as a side-effect of injuries suffered in the Civil War. One of the Hoffman girls from up the road was one of his three wives. Just over the ridge to the south is North Fayston, where my father grew up.

And the Fayston map --

http://www.historicmapworks.com/Map...ld++Irasville/Washington+County+1873/Vermont/

District 4 includes Henry, Marble, Porter, Boyce and Nelson farms, all ancestors and/or cousins. It is interesting to use these maps in reading through the 1870 and later census sheets published on ancestry.com. The farm my father grew up on is next to the District 4 school and Cemetery, marked R Richardson.

Latest project - redwood light box, with 2 18" LED light bars inside --

23658666_1614402481953891_553357570235516309_n.jpg

What a morning - first to the library to turn in a DVD (Mermaids with Cher playing a trampy mom to Winona Ryder, and no one can play a trampy mom better than Cher) and pick up Open Season by Archer Mayor, the first Joe Gunther book. Then I went over to Home Depot to buy a small switch and finally found it at the lower right cubby in the rack, the third time I went down that aisle ("You always find it in the last place you look" I said to the HD employee helping me, in my best imitation of a dopey old man) but got charged twice for it in the self-checkout lane (corrected after I convinced 3 employees what had happened). Off to Salvation Army, who wouldn't accept the rusty old spiral clothes-display (and drying) rack (but they did say they would accept the old propane grill I am bringing them tomorrow). So - I took it down to Quality Recycling, who will take all steel items - they just won't pay for them. Then I got home to find out that my wife had changed our travel plans next week from train to plane (because she has Delta Miles to burn).

I think I need another beer.

What a morning - first to the library to turn in a DVD (Mermaids with Cher playing a trampy mom to Winona Ryder, and no one can play a trampy mom better than Cher) and pick up Open Season by Archer Mayor, the first Joe Gunther book. Then I went over to Home Depot to buy a small switch and finally found it at the lower right cubby in the rack, the third time I went down that aisle ("You always find it in the last place you look" I said to the HD employee helping me, in my best imitation of a dopey old man) but got charged twice for it in the self-checkout lane (corrected after I convinced 3 employees what had happened). Off to Salvation Army, who wouldn't accept the rusty old spiral clothes-display (and drying) rack (but they did say they would accept the old propane grill I am bringing them tomorrow). So - I took it down to Quality Recycling, who will take all steel items - they just won't pay for them. Then I got home to find out that my wife had changed our travel plans next week from train to plane (because she has Delta Miles to burn).

I think I need another beer.

Not yet......you still need to count those pilfered ( Stolen ) Balls.

I'm trying to remember if there is any half-forgotten episode of sexual harassment I perpetrated against a co-worker or friend. I hereby must confess that I harassed my boss's admin assistant so much that I had to marry her.

Seems the best existing thread for a foreboding theory.

My personalized ad banners for defibrillators, walk in baths, chair elevators, NRA camouflage bags, and Depends extra duty (or is it dooty) pant liners are fading out, replaced by calls to become a forum premium member.

You dudes ain't buying your share of crap to keep this meth den open, or the fuzz is about to close the whole damn operation down with no warning. Cuz I ain't paying a premium account then having no recourse if Domingo set his shell game up as a Cypriot partnership with a Russian oligarch, and won't release tax returns for me to figure out how I sue to get my $15 dollars back.

Vietnam Introduction:

During the Vietnam War era, the Pentagon continued to view homosexuality as a “moral defect,” so homosexuals were one of the few groups of able-bodied young men theoretically ineligible for the draft. Anti-war groups even counseled young, straight men to become “hoaxosexuals” as a way of avoiding service. Since working-class and minority draftees were less likely to have student deferments, many pretended to be gay when called up for the draft, but sexuality was only rarely a “deferment” from this war. Enforcement of the ban on gays became strict again only after the war, in the mid-1970s. Ironically, one group of young men and women who didn’t want the military to think that they were homosexuals were gay military personnel proudly serving their country.

Back