Espola's newest neighborhood

No, I teach my kids stuff, I don't want them growing up to be ignorant conservatives.
These "people" you are responding to aren't actually "conservatives" they are Trump-pee-ans. Conservatives have values and standards.

Hmmmm....
Ignorant conservative would be an oxymoron
Intelligent liberal would be few and far between
Sooooo? Ah, the 97% of scientists? College professors? Artist? Composers? Bill Gates? Warren Buffet? . . . but then again your idea of intelligence is obviously quite different then that of most everyone else in the civilized world.

These "people" you are responding to aren't actually "conservatives" they are Trump-pee-ans. Conservatives have values and standards.
Yes, they do.

They once proudly called themselves Republicans. They valued "less" government over their mutually respected political adversaries, known as "Democrats" that valued "more" government.

Those Republicans valued reasonable regulations on banking, the environment, military preparedness, and felt that private matters of religion, marriage, personal choice concerning their bodies were just that. Personal.

But a hijack occurred in the early 1980's, unfortunately misnamed as the Reagan Republicans, much against his own points of view, that decided religion, private matters, unregulation of anything and everything should take place, and these nincompoops, led by Gingrich, forever started a once honorable simple set of political principles into a moral crusade now twisted into a hypocritical conundrum that could lead to a viable third party in our lifetime that displaces and dissolves the current dysfunctional Republican Party originated by George Blair, and spearheaded by President Lincoln.

Yes, they do.

They once proudly called themselves Republicans. They valued "less" government over their mutually respected political adversaries, known as "Democrats" that valued "more" government.

Those Republicans valued reasonable regulations on banking, the environment, military preparedness, and felt that private matters of religion, marriage, personal choice concerning their bodies were just that. Personal.

But a hijack occurred in the early 1980's, unfortunately misnamed as the Reagan Republicans, much against his own points of view, that decided religion, private matters, unregulation of anything and everything should take place, and these nincompoops, led by Gingrich, forever started a once honorable simple set of political principles into a moral crusade now twisted into a hypocritical conundrum that could lead to a viable third party in our lifetime that displaces and dissolves the current dysfunctional Republican Party originated by George Blair, and spearheaded by President Lincoln.
Funny, when I googled John Birch society it came up with "People also search for" then listed the trilateral commission, oath keepers, the kkk, 3 percenters and Politico.

QUOTE="espola, post: 135854, member: 3"Vermont graffiti -- Students from the high school where 4 of my siblings graduated decided to tag an interstate-91 bridge abutment nearby --

18839270_10155174789510767_5263658401420170095_n.jpg
/QUOTE

That's NOT Tagging.....Well Legally it is if they did not get a permit or city council approval to do it.

But aesthetically it's very appealing and I for one would NEVER complain about that type of improvement !

Driving down Espola Road yesterday right past the Stoneridge entrance, all the campaign signs on that side said "Yes on A". All the campaign signs on the other side said "No on A".

We are not sure if the sign that said "No Mulch" was a subtle reference to the new owner's dumping of chicken manure mulch on the Escondido golf course when he was having a dispute with the neighbors there, or just an instruction to the tree surgeons doing work in that area.

Driving up Espola Road today past the entrance to Stoneridge CC, I noticed there were locked gates in place - something I never saw before.

Yes, they do.

Hey Velveeta Boy.....

You paint a lopsided canvas assvass...
Tell us some stories about filthy Democrats
to even out your stagnant See Saw....

How Sad......Did they lock some gates that gave Spola access to a Golf
Course where he was stealing property and selling it to Mr Enabler Rat .....?

Jury duty? Last Friday I received a summons for Nov 28 downtown. Yesterday I called the Jury Office to get it changed, but I got lost in phone-robot hell. So I hung up and made my changes online - it is now scheduled for March 26 in Vista - closer, free parking (or a bus stop right in front of the building), cheap restaurants in walking distance for lunch - much more civilized.

I'm using this neighborhood for this important subject, better than clogging the professional and dignified discourse the other off topic threads engender.

Note: I've got a rat problem in my car engine space. Those bastards love the warm safe space at night from owls, hawks, coyotes, cougars, and wherever other carnivores traverse our neighborhood.

Victor traps work, but I'm left having to fish out the dead carcass and snared trap that inevitably drops down into the tight spaces below the engine block.

I recently bought an electrocution box. Fantastic! Three rats in 4 nights. The kids ask if I'm a murderer for the countless number of rat kills by Victor and now this electrocution box. No, I say, I'm a mass murderer.*

*Unfortunately, my "quack" lawyers are now insisting I use asterisks where patently obvious humor is involved, lest anyone that is so dense to think a pejorative insult for a lawyer is the word "quack".

Now I'm off to my shyster doctor for a flu shot.

Hey Velveeta Boy.....

You paint a lopsided canvas assvass...
Tell us some stories about filthy Democrats
to even out your stagnant See Saw....
Sure. Don't know who started the party. Jefferson? But if so, those were very different times, and a review of that would make my long boring posts even longer and more boring.

Mostly know tidbits of particular eras. So I'll do my best. Cuz you're special ...

Democrats dominated the south for decades following the Civil War. Hating Lincoln and his Republican Party for spearheading the demise of slavery and an entire economic system of the Southern plantation model that generated a pretty profit margin in large measure to the legal status that Blacks were not human but property, thus no need to pay for their services in plantation and other Southern States' industries.

White Southerners remained loyal Democrats for decades later, racist, separatists. KKK organizations sprung up as society in general started progress toward integration throughout the rest of the country, at a pace far too slow everywhere, but of course completely stagnant in the South.

FDR masterfully forged a coalition with the Great Depression's ironic help, in building a majority coalition of Northern and Western State Democrats, mainly not racist, or to be a bit more blunt, far less racist than the immovable South on the issue, with the entire lot of white Southern racist Democrats for several common causes, chief among them, FDR's goals of modernizing the country and GETTING PEOPLE JOBS.

So Southern Democrats were quite pleased with FDR jobs programs that developed the TVA (google it if you need to) that brought thousands of jobs to white jobless Southern Democrats. And with it, end to flooding of regions throughout the South, mostly the Tennessee Valley. (TV...) that produced electricity to many southern communities that lacked such then-modern conveniences.

Amazingly, and inexplicatedly, this coalition continued into the 50s and 60s, thus Senate and Congress remained in Democratic control for 40 years (Senate briefly switched around 1950ish) but Dems took back power, and their odd coalition of then/liberal version of liberal Northerners like JFK, and Western liberal Wayne Morse, caucused with avowed racists like Richard Russell of Georgia, among others, as civil rights was always a back burner issue until ...

The 1960s! Civil rights, voting rights, the end of segregated schools, lunch counters, churches, buses, bus station lounges, water fountains got a lot of news. Nuff said on that gigantic subject

But a wise Republican politician craftily realized he could garner Southern support and break apart that FDR,Great Depression era coalition.

Nixon. And a subject I believe you have a great deal of struggle admitting took place. The SOUTHERN STRATEGY. Thought I'd give it an "Idiocracy" based "big ass fries" treatment.

In the ensuing 15 years from 1970 through the mid 1980s, the old guard of staunch conservative self-identified from decades earlier "racist" Southern Democrat politicians died off, retired then died off, and the Southern no longer cared about Old Abe's party label, became Republicans as they turned 18 to register, or switched parties.

A few stalwarts remained democrat to the end. Was it Strom Thurmond? I'd look it up but I prefer to use my memory of history.

Happy now? Now two long winded boring recitation commentaries on our two great political parties. God help us if either became indomitable and we are reduced to a single party system.

I'm using this neighborhood for this important subject, better than clogging the professional and dignified discourse the other off topic threads engender.

Note: I've got a rat problem in my car engine space. Those bastards love the warm safe space at night from owls, hawks, coyotes, cougars, and wherever other carnivores traverse our neighborhood.

Victor traps work, but I'm left having to fish out the dead carcass and snared trap that inevitably drops down into the tight spaces below the engine block.

I recently bought an electrocution box. Fantastic! Three rats in 4 nights. The kids ask if I'm a murderer for the countless number of rat kills by Victor and now this electrocution box. No, I say, I'm a mass murderer.*

*Unfortunately, my "quack" lawyers are now insisting I use asterisks where patently obvious humor is involved, lest anyone that is so dense to think a pejorative insult for a lawyer is the word "quack".

Now I'm off to my shyster doctor for a flu shot.

Shouldn't have mentioned kids.....

I really am disappointed with the way you present your self on this forum...
I assumed you were just a lout, now you are the Filthy Forum Pig....

Squeal Ned Squeal....

Sooooo? Ah, the 97% of scientists? College professors? Artist? Composers? Bill Gates? Warren Buffet? . . . but then again your idea of intelligence is obviously quite different then that of most everyone else in the civilized world.
:cool:
You've left no doubt...congrats!

Shouldn't have mentioned kids.....

I really am disappointed with the way you present your self on this forum...
I assumed you were just a lout, now you are the Filthy Forum Pig....

Squeal Ned Squeal....
I'm disappointed in you, dear boy. You've still not directly answered to the inculpating evidence against Roy Moore. The longer you wait, the less GOP stalwarts will be left. Did Rush really drop off today? Or simply try to slime Democrats by saying Moore was a Southern Democrat back before the SOUTHERN STRATEGY began the movement of white Southern segregationists to switch parties in the early 1970s? An historical fact you seems incapable of acknowledging even when it's in all Caps, Bolded and size 7 Font is deployed. Isn't using those features supposed to make whatever is said TRUE?

:cool:
You've left no doubt...congrats!
Absolutely. Fredo was shmart! Sarah Palin eventually graduated colleges. Studied the nation of Africa. Reads whatever newspapers put in front of her. Trump has a graduate degree as a MBA from the Wharton School of Business. Dick Cheney did time. What, scratch that.

What do college professors and so-called scientists know about anything? Turtleneck sweaters, that's what!

Absolutely. Fredo was shmart! Sarah Palin eventually graduated colleges. Studied the nation of Africa. Reads whatever newspapers put in front of her. Trump has a graduate degree as a MBA from the Wharton School of Business. Dick Cheney did time. What, scratch that.

What do college professors and so-called scientists know about anything? Turtleneck sweaters, that's what!
When a strongman wants to turn a democracy into a dictatorship some of the first things they do is attempt to shut down the media and intellectuals. They first try to plant seeds of mistrust against those entities amongst the people which eventually makes it easier to persecute them.

I'm disappointed in you, dear boy. You've still not directly answered to the inculpating evidence against Roy Moore. The longer you wait, the less GOP stalwarts will be left. Did Rush really drop off today? Or simply try to slime Democrats by saying Moore was a Southern Democrat back before the SOUTHERN STRATEGY began the movement of white Southern segregationists to switch parties in the early 1970s? An historical fact you seems incapable of acknowledging even when it's in all Caps, Bolded and size 7 Font is deployed. Isn't using those features supposed to make whatever is said TRUE?

Please show the evidence Bob - Phil - Bob !

And the forgery in the " Yearbook " done in Dec with two
different fonts/ink/writing styles does not count.

There is no evidence.....

All five women should take sworn depositions..
That :

A. They are telling the Truth. ( Would fall apart right here ! )
B. No Money was taken to elicit the slanderous allegations they made.

And while the depositions are being taken, the WaPo reporters
should also be made to take them ...stating that THEY did not
prompt comments in any way with the lure of cash.
And Gloria Allred the same....She wouldn't we know that !

Back