EGSL 2017

Wow, surprised to see Galaxy and Surf draw. Is Surf not as strong as last year? I know it's spring but usually they are hard to beat. Surprised to see them lose to Slammers and now a draw against Galaxy. 9v9 does schange things up a bit. More room to run.
Might be more room to run unless your playing on Blues field. Playing 7v7 and 9v9 on same size field is pretty lame

I think Surf is as strong as last season, but there may be a bit more parity in SoCal since there's been a bit of player movement in the off season.

For the Slammers game, it was actually the first time the team ever went into a 9 v 9 formation -- they hadn't even tried it in practice before then.

For the LAGOC game last week the team was missing two key players -- #7 and the keeper, which pulled another strong player (and vertically challenged) off the field and into goal. However, I really think that LAGOC added a number of strong players this season (and Surf didn't play particularly sharp that game either). Also, for spring league Surf isn't trying to win first: the team has equal playing for spring league, the coach is trying out kids in different positions, etc.
No offense but seems like a bit of a cop out. If you played the game, you played the game. And you gotta tip your hat to the winner or a team you tied.

Every team is always missing players and the season and format was new for every team at the beginning of the EGSL.

No offense but seems like a bit of a cop out. If you played the game, you played the game. And you gotta tip your hat to the winner or a team you tied.

Every team is always missing players and the season and format was new for every team at the beginning of the EGSL.
TS, I answered a question posed by Bluesclues and provided facts and context to support my assertion. I wasn't coping out but instead providing a bit of analysis (and I did tip my hat to the LAGOC team). There are many factors that contribute to a result on the field, and whether it's my daughter's game or a professional game I'm watching on TV, I enjoying observing, thinking about it, and discussing it. If you'd like, I would be happy to tip my hat to Slammers and Blues as well -- both teams look very strong and, as I said previously, I believe we're going to see a bit more parity among the top '07 teams in SoCal. I'm looking forward to the competitive games coming soon in the summer tournaments!

TS, I answered a question posed by Bluesclues and provided facts and context to support my assertion. I wasn't coping out but instead providing a bit of analysis (and I did tip my hat to the LAGOC team). There are many factors that contribute to a result on the field, and whether it's my daughter's game or a professional game I'm watching on TV, I enjoying observing, thinking about it, and discussing it. If you'd like, I would be happy to tip my hat to Slammers and Blues as well -- both teams look very strong and, as I said previously, I believe we're going to see a bit more parity among the top '07 teams in SoCal. I'm looking forward to the competitive games coming soon in the summer tournaments!
I agree with you Chauffeur, teams are changing, kids are growing and catching up, we are going to see a lot more parity this year and years beyond. Its easy at age 7-8 to have a couple super stars on a team and dominate. As the kids get older, this becomes the beautiful TEAM sport that it is and teams trying to rely on individual talent tend to stay status quo. Team chemistry is huge as they get older as well. When a team (and parents) truly like each other, it makes for a great environment and the result, better play out of the kids. Consistency plays a huge part, when a team keeps a group together that play well together they tend to have better results as they get older. Constantly moving kids in and out simply to bring in "better players" can have negative impact all around. Some great little players might not mesh well in another coaches style or with other players which can hurt a team more than help. I do believe this is a strong group of 2007's, I am amazed everyday at the ability of these young girls at such a young age. I also look forward to tournament season coming up, I believe this is going to be an extremely competitive year for all the teams. Good Luck!

Some interesting Spring match ups this weekend - Eagles vs. Real SoCal, Galaxy OC vs. Blues, Galaxy OC vs. Slammers. Hope the rain holds off this weekend.
Looks like we will see how Galaxy OC Matches up against the other big dogs. This age group is still really top heavy with 5 or 6 teams.

Back