EGSL 2017

Things to look forward to this spring:
Kids playing for fun
9v9
Larger playing fields
Player Movement
Coach Movement
I personally don't put a lot of stock into this spring league. Teams have just been formed. Adjustments are being made. Kids are getting used to one another. Coaches are getting used to the new players. Etc, etc...

Just saw the EGSL spring league rules....
Am I the only one that thought we were playing 9v9?
I thought that's what the 06's did last year...or am I totally off?
And Manchester Cup I think/thought the rules said we are 9v9....so it makes no sense to keep playing 7v7 right?

Well this came out today to TM's with the 2017 rules (the one on the website is last year's I believe)
See the portion I copied and pasted below...
Less than pleased....not what we expected.

CLUB PASS RULE:
If you have a player(s) from your club that is (are) playing on your team (and are age appropriate), write the player name and player id# on all 3 copies of the game report. Players MUST HAVE THEIR PLAYER ID CARD (US CLUB) in order to be eligible to play in the game. Players CAN ONLY PLAY IN ONE EGSL GAME PER DAY. There is no special card for the club pass, the player just needs their player ID cards and medical release form. ONLY US CLUB CARDS ARE ACCEPTED IN THE EGSL. ECNL cards are also accepted in the EGSL. No other type of player card is acceptable.
No player card. No game
. For teams playing 7 v 7 (2007, 2008) and playing 9 v 9 (2006), your teams you are allowed to CLUB PASS no more than 4 players to your team. For all teams playing 11 v 11 (this includes ECNL players), you can club pass no more than 8 players to your team. All players must appear on your EGSL roster.

Anyone here who is "friendly" with the EGSL powers at be-- please find out what is going on and why?
(I was hoping it was just a typo, but heard it is not...)
Doesn't make any sense...
Hoping maybe it can get changed before this weekend?

Anyone here who is "friendly" with the EGSL powers at be-- please find out what is going on and why?
(I was hoping it was just a typo, but heard it is not...)
Doesn't make any sense...
Hoping maybe it can get changed before this weekend?

Our coach is putting a call in today. Hopefully it will get sorted out. If not, we can do hockey style substitutions -- with a roster of 13 we can just swap out all six field players each time.

Surf was missing a player or two. i wouldnt read too much into the result. lots of moving parts this early........
Absolutely, Spring is Spring. One thing I have heard is that Strikers, West Coast, Legends West are not fielding Flight One Teams this Fall. So there has been much player movement. I also heard LA Galaxy OC was also missing a player or two as well. Should be interesting this year.

Wow, surprised to see Galaxy and Surf draw. Is Surf not as strong as last year? I know it's spring but usually they are hard to beat. Surprised to see them lose to Slammers and now a draw against Galaxy. 9v9 does schange things up a bit. More room to run.

Wow, surprised to see Galaxy and Surf draw. Is Surf not as strong as last year? I know it's spring but usually they are hard to beat. Surprised to see them lose to Slammers and now a draw against Galaxy. 9v9 does schange things up a bit. More room to run.

I think Surf is as strong as last season, but there may be a bit more parity in SoCal since there's been a bit of player movement in the off season.

For the Slammers game, it was actually the first time the team ever went into a 9 v 9 formation -- they hadn't even tried it in practice before then.

For the LAGOC game last week the team was missing two key players -- #7 and the keeper, which pulled another strong player (and vertically challenged) off the field and into goal. However, I really think that LAGOC added a number of strong players this season (and Surf didn't play particularly sharp that game either). Also, for spring league Surf isn't trying to win first: the team has equal playing for spring league, the coach is trying out kids in different positions, etc.

Back