ECNL Phoenix Coaches list?

I think it is wrong to chalk it up to sour grapes when someone does not agree with you on a topic. My dd would be thrilled to accomplish just 1/4 of what Shale's dd has at her young age.
Spot on. If Shale’s kid is who I think it is, she’s one of the best(if not the best) in the country at her position.

All of SW ECNL will be at Phoenix (9 of 48 U16 teams) and this is a National event. The college list looks like dog poop compared to last year and there is a reason for that. Yeah all the coaches just decided to register for GDA and skip the ECNL signup but they will be there. You said 2003 girls next year will be riding the bench in GDA - you are naive and this is not true at all when you combine 16 and 17 year olds. Yes, the entire GDA goes to one event as it is truly a National event that coaches can attend and see any girl in GDA - what a concept. Your plethora of GDA comments sprinkled through your posts (mostly uneducated) elude that your kid did not make GDA and you are sour.

Tisk...tisk... are we playing the game ...who's got the longer list? Who gives a shit? @LadiesMan217 that's who. GDA should have more coaches as it's the league in its entirety. As for being sour , that's actually pretty funny because your are the one that's drinking the koolaid. My DD has been very fortunate with soccer, and could easily play wherever she would like. We have chosen the coach and her team regardless of patch. But 16 years olds will be riding the pine unless they are truly elite. Perhaps you need to convince yourself otherwise. Uneducated...that's too is laughable. I'll let you get that off because I'm comfortable with who I am. But just know this, the rhetoric you provided is nothing short of a weak attempt at a rather reasonable observation and contention. Keep trying....:eek:

@davin and @Nefutous thanks for the compliments.:D

I think it is wrong to chalk it up to sour grapes when someone does not agree with you on a topic. My dd would be thrilled to accomplish just 1/4 of what Shale's dd has at her young age.

When someone throws negative/incorrect snippets in many of their posts month over month like he does I can't think of any other logical reason. I just thought I would fling some back.

Spot on. If Shale’s kid is who I think it is, she’s one of the best(if not the best) in the country at her position.

Dang Davin...that's a bold statement. Especially round this socal based, talent rich soccer world.

But be as it may..... If ladiesman kiddo is who I think she is,.....and shales kiddo is who U think she is....these 2 cronies don't even go to showcases cause they're sharing the same sideline, at National call ups/Games - yet don't even know it :p

When someone throws negative/incorrect snippets in many of their posts month over month like he does I can't think of any other logical reason. I just thought I would fling some back.

I've never thrown anything negative towards GDA. I have consistently stated that it's not for my player at this time. That has always been my contention. Her coaches here have been wonderful.

Simply put, you think we don't agree on the coaches list. Our disagreement stems from you designating ECNL as number two, when in all honesty, that's only the case in SoCal. But hey, that's your experience. The list for GDA should be larger because every team in the league will be going. In looking over the list, for my DD's five schools of interest, they will be at both;Two head coaches and three assistants. They are attempting to conquer our divided landscape.

I've never thrown anything negative towards GDA. I have consistently stated that it's not for my player at this time. That has always been my contention. Her coaches here have been wonderful.

Simply put, you think we don't agree on the coaches list. Our disagreement stems from you designating ECNL as number two, when in all honesty, that's only the case in SoCal. But hey, that's your experience. The list for GDA should be larger because every team in the league will be going. In looking over the list, for my DD's five schools of interest, they will be at both;Two head coaches and three assistants. They are attempting to conquer our divided landscape.

Never? You constantly take negative jabs. Constantly. To say otherwise is a laugh. What a clown.

Never? You constantly take negative jabs. Constantly. To say otherwise is a laugh. What a clown.

Perhaps you confused negative jabs with me not buying into the hype. GDA isn’t for my player at this time and there is nothing wrong with me saying as much. You all chime in constantly to say how much koolaid your drinking. Drink away... it’s not for my DD.

I guess I touch nerves often because resorting to name calling is pretty childish. Perhaps what you think is great, isn’t quite living up to the hype? Otherwise what’s the purpose of name calling?

This is discourse and I don’t have to agree with your point of view.

Tisk...tisk... are we playing the game ...who's got the longer list? Who gives a shit? @LadiesMan217 that's who.

GDA should have more coaches as it's the league in its entirety. As for being sour , that's actually pretty funny because your are the one that's drinking the koolaid. My DD has been very fortunate with soccer, and could easily play wherever she would like. We have chosen the coach and her team regardless of patch. But 16 years olds will be riding the pine unless they are truly elite.......

@davin and @Nefutous thanks for the compliments.:D

The cool thing about girls youth soccer in SoCal is that is if your kid is a Baller...college coaches (especially power 5) will absolutely know/find her regardless which of the 2 patches she chooses.

Do you folks think socal ECNL girls would interest college coaches more than non socal DA girls?

They may thiink that, but it is not the case. And it is not about the badge.

Is the average player from Socal a level above the average player in most other areas of the country -- no question. That is my opinion after a decade of watching college camps, showcases, regionals, etc. all over this great country. But most higher level college coaches are looking for a very good to elite player, not an average one. Being very good in Socal does not make you elite somewhere else. And when it comes to recruiting a player who is not "elite", why incur the cost and take the risk of recruiting across the country, versus taking a local girl who might be easier to scout/recruit and less likely to transfer. Any socal "advantage" disappears pretty quickly.

With over 2,000 girls playing in ECNL or DA in each age group/recruiting class, college coaches have a lot of options. Even if the power 5 colleges recruited exclusively from these two leagues, their recruiting classes would account for only 25% of these players. Add the best 20-30 college programs from other conferences, and we are still talking about only 1/3 of girls playing in these national leagues getting recruited to top 50-100 D1 programs. How many club parents and players understand that at least 2/3 of the players on most of these elite team should be thinking D2, D3, NAIA, or a low level local D1 program?

How many club parents and players understand that at least 2/3 of the players on most of these elite team should be thinking D2, D3, NAIA, or a low level local D1 program?"

Not enough.... I emplore all parents who's kid is on the radar to put careful thought and open discussion with their dd as to determine what they want to walk out with, once they've hung up their cleats :)

@LadiesMan217 Hey big daddy, thought your dd already got a juicy steak with the fixings at nice school in socal.
Why stressing? Too small a steak? Unless you are looking to trade up to what, like a filet mignon in schools soon? ;)

I refereed the January 2018 ECNL showcase in Florida. All of the teams were east coast teams and as good or better than the SoCal ECNL teams that I have seen since September 2017. I have not seen one ECNL team that has played at or above the level of any of the DA teams I have seen. Where the ECNL teams have 3-8 really good players per team the DA teams are loaded (10+) really good players and 3-5 great players. You can argue with me all you want, but I am just stating what I have seen up close as a referee.

As for the people that think that coaches will just show up for one of these DA or ECNL events/showcases, you do not know how the system works. If a college coach does not register for one of these events and just shows up, they have to pay for parking, do not have access to the coaches area or any of the other perks the coaches get. Some events do allow the coaches to register at the event, but they are still on the hook for parking and have to make sure they bring the proper credentials. I know numerous college coaches and was scouting for a college for a couple years, so I know how the system works.

don't agree that the DA teams are loaded with really good players. With an increase in the number of clubs in SoCal that are DA compared to ECNL clubs it isn't possible for every DA team to have all those good to great players. That may be true in other parts of the country but in SoCal the talent is way to diluted with so many options. I have seen several DA teams that are not that impressive. Would love to see a cross over tournament with DA teams playing ECNL teams in SoCal but that will never happen.

I refereed the January 2018 ECNL showcase in Florida. All of the teams were east coast teams and as good or better than the SoCal ECNL teams that I have seen since September 2017. I have not seen one ECNL team that has played at or above the level of any of the DA teams I have seen. Where the ECNL teams have 3-8 really good players per team the DA teams are loaded (10+) really good players and 3-5 great players. You can argue with me all you want, but I am just stating what I have seen up close as a referee.

As for the people that think that coaches will just show up for one of these DA or ECNL events/showcases, you do not know how the system works. If a college coach does not register for one of these events and just shows up, they have to pay for parking, do not have access to the coaches area or any of the other perks the coaches get. Some events do allow the coaches to register at the event, but they are still on the hook for parking and have to make sure they bring the proper credentials. I know numerous college coaches and was scouting for a college for a couple years, so I know how the system works.

Surfref, I know you are trying to be helpful, and do not doubt what you have seen. But at ECNL Phoenix last fall, I know of several colleges (at last 4 coaches) -- colleges who made the round of 32 of the NCAA D1 tourney -- who where at the Phoenix showcase, and where not registered (and are still not on the list). There is no parking fee at Reach 11, some bring their own chair.

As for your dim view of ECNL in Socal, I can tell you at the '02 age group, I respectfully disagree. Apparently, so do many colleges coaches, based on commits to date.

<"I have not seen one ECNL team that has played at or above the level of any of the DA teams I have seen">

OMG Come on Guys , many of our ECNL teams in Socal would destroy may of the DA teams in the other regions., Do you guys even look at the DA results. Many of the bottom of the bracket teams are at 60, 70 even 120+ Goals against in some regions. And I bet whatever team you watched at that Florida ECNL tournament would beat may of the local DA teams. I mean come on, in the GU15 bracket the bottom 3 DA teams gave up 263 goals in only 20 games. Im sure GSA's ECNL team would do OK against those teams. Im not saying ECNL does not have some weak teams as well and I'm not saying its a better league than DA. But lets be real, there is alot of dilution and there is a big discrepancy from top to bottom in both leagues.

Rank Southeast - U-15 East Division GP W L T Pts GF GA GD Pts/GP
1 NTH Tophat U-15[PLAYOFFS 1] 20 15 1 4 49 90 17 73 2.45
2 Charlotte Soccer Academy U-15[PLAYOFFS 11] 20 13 4 3 42 66 24 42 2.1
3 Concorde Fire U-15[PLAYOFFS 14] 21 13 4 4 43 59 27 32 2.0476
4 NC Courage U-15[WILDCARD 1] 21 13 5 3 42 56 25 31 2
5 Weston FC U-15[WILDCARD 3] 20 12 6 2 38 39 20 19 1.9
6 Orlando Pride U-15 22 10 9 3 33 50 40 10 1.5
7 United Futbol Academy U-15 19 5 11 3 18 31 32 -1 0.9474
8 Boca United Football Club U-15 22 6 15 1 19 34 61 -27 0.8636
9 West Florida Flames U-15 20 5 13 2 17 25 62 -37 0.85
10 United Soccer Alliance U-15 19 1 16 2 5 18 72 -54 0.2632
11 IMG Academy U-15 21 1 19 1 4 18 129 -111 0.1905

Dang Davin...that's a bold statement. Especially round this socal based, talent rich soccer world.

But be as it may..... If ladiesman kiddo is who I think she is,.....and shales kiddo is who U think she is....these 2 cronies don't even go to showcases cause they're sharing the same sideline, at National call ups/Games - yet don't even know it :p

Both of their kids are excellent players although @LadiesMan217 is in for a surprise once college comes along. Kickball doesn't work as well against the truly elite teams and Santa Clara plays the PAC 12 regularly. @shales1002 is extremely smart for focusing on his/her kid and anyone who thinks otherwise is drinking the Jim Jones kool-aid. Coaches don't recruit teams they recruit players and trust me plenty of kids that may not be widely known are better than kids that get regular call ups fro YNTs. Call ups are mostly eye of the beholder things. Playing in college in competitive games that matter is the steel that sharpens steel in the US and I'm going with @shales1002 DNA and brains on this one....

Most smart coaches are unhappily dividing their attention between the showcases. You are on the right track with your player so keep on keeping on and ignore the noise. Good luck to you and your player.

I don't recall paying for parking for the Phoenix fall showcase. There were a couple coaches from schools my daughter was interested in, but were not on the list, but were at our games.

Back