ECNL Phoenix Coaches list?

You do not have to pay for parking at the Phx showcase (Fall or Spring). There is lots of parking. Some road construction right now in the area that can slow down traffic a bit.

Couple of interesting things. By my count and i just took a quick look at it so it could be a little off there are 22 power 5 schools going to DA event, 11 going to ECNL event and at least 11 coaches not schools that have registered at both events. It's going to be tough to be 2 places at once since they are 2000 mile apart.

I have consistently stated that it's not for my player at this time.
It sounds like you are leaving the door open which is smart IMO.
Coaches don't recruit teams they recruit players and trust me plenty of kids that may not be widely known are better than kids that get regular call ups fro YNTs.
Boom!
Kickball doesn't work as well against the truly elite teams and Santa Clara plays the PAC 12 regularly.
Agree and i see your point if a team only plays "direct" without mixing it up but having the ability to stretch an opposing team on a whim carries benefits, no?

DA v ECNL will always be an issue but if a coach is only focused on DA then he is eliminating a ton of opportunity to improve his team. Let's take Vegas or Jacksonville, FL or Fresno, CA. The player is amazing, regional ODP, ID2, maybe ECNL or maybe not, are you telling me that D1 coaches should not look at her or him because they are not playing DA? The DA cache is exclusive on region, and ECNL too but to a lesser extent. If parents of a very talented player living in Vegas are not able or willing to move to or travel every other day to CA or AZ to play DA are they not giving their child the chance to play D1? If you say yes then you are biased. I have a daughter and a son who have played teams from Central CA, Vegas and Minnesota who are better than some of the players I have seen in the GDA play. Boys maybe less but they are out there too. If a coach does not see a player of feels that a not DA player with a solid resume is not worthy of a look then they have blinders on just as much as many of us from SoCal. SoCal is a hotbed of soccer but there are plenty of others out there who are better.

It sounds like you are leaving the door open which is smart IMO.

Boom!

Agree and i see your point if a team only plays "direct" without mixing it up but having the ability to stretch an opposing team on a whim carries benefits, no?

Having the ability to stretch a defense is a useful tool. However, a forward with no ability to combine with the other attacking players would see little to no PT at a school in contention to win it all at the D1 level. Don't get me wrong, I have seen teams put fast forwards with a donkey touch out there to try and wear a backline out, however, once you get to the Sweet 16/Final 8 there aren't too many of those players getting much PT. So it really comes down to what a player's goal is. If it is just to get into a good school then Malcolm X it ("by any means necessary") but if the goal is for a player to actually get in a game at a time that matters, then I suggest technical skills and soccer IQ is what should be on the menu.

Good luck to you and your player.

<"I have not seen one ECNL team that has played at or above the level of any of the DA teams I have seen">

OMG Come on Guys , many of our ECNL teams in Socal would destroy may of the DA teams in the other regions., Do you guys even look at the DA results. Many of the bottom of the bracket teams are at 60, 70 even 120+ Goals against in some regions. And I bet whatever team you watched at that Florida ECNL tournament would beat may of the local DA teams. I mean come on, in the GU15 bracket the bottom 3 DA teams gave up 263 goals in only 20 games. Im sure GSA's ECNL team would do OK against those teams. Im not saying ECNL does not have some weak teams as well and I'm not saying its a better league than DA. But lets be real, there is alot of dilution and there is a big discrepancy from top to bottom in both leagues.

Rank Southeast - U-15 East Division GP W L T Pts GF GA GD Pts/GP
1 NTH Tophat U-15[PLAYOFFS 1] 20 15 1 4 49 90 17 73 2.45
2 Charlotte Soccer Academy U-15[PLAYOFFS 11] 20 13 4 3 42 66 24 42 2.1
3 Concorde Fire U-15[PLAYOFFS 14] 21 13 4 4 43 59 27 32 2.0476
4 NC Courage U-15[WILDCARD 1] 21 13 5 3 42 56 25 31 2
5 Weston FC U-15[WILDCARD 3] 20 12 6 2 38 39 20 19 1.9
6 Orlando Pride U-15 22 10 9 3 33 50 40 10 1.5
7 United Futbol Academy U-15 19 5 11 3 18 31 32 -1 0.9474
8 Boca United Football Club U-15 22 6 15 1 19 34 61 -27 0.8636
9 West Florida Flames U-15 20 5 13 2 17 25 62 -37 0.85
10 United Soccer Alliance U-15 19 1 16 2 5 18 72 -54 0.2632
11 IMG Academy U-15 21 1 19 1 4 18 129 -111 0.1905

We have a winner!!

@LadiesMan217 Hey big daddy, thought your dd already got a juicy steak with the fixings at nice school in socal.
Why stressing? Too small a steak? Unless you are looking to trade up to what, like a filet mignon in schools soon? ;)

All of the filet mignon schools are out of money due to early recruiting. A player like his who has gotten more YNT love recently gets frozen out because of it. She will get her chance to prove that they should have recruited her. Stanford and Cal play them every year and UCLA plays them every other year.

The cool thing about girls youth soccer in SoCal is that is if your kid is a Baller...college coaches (especially power 5) will absolutely know/find her regardless which of the 2 patches she chooses.

Very true. ZD stop speaking the truth. Give us some fake news!! Here I will do it. The only way to get into a top college is to be on the best club team.

They may thiink that, but it is not the case. And it is not about the badge.

Is the average player from Socal a level above the average player in most other areas of the country -- no question. That is my opinion after a decade of watching college camps, showcases, regionals, etc. all over this great country. But most higher level college coaches are looking for a very good to elite player, not an average one. Being very good in Socal does not make you elite somewhere else. And when it comes to recruiting a player who is not "elite", why incur the cost and take the risk of recruiting across the country, versus taking a local girl who might be easier to scout/recruit and less likely to transfer. Any socal "advantage" disappears pretty quickly.

With over 2,000 girls playing in ECNL or DA in each age group/recruiting class, college coaches have a lot of options. Even if the power 5 colleges recruited exclusively from these two leagues, their recruiting classes would account for only 25% of these players. Add the best 20-30 college programs from other conferences, and we are still talking about only 1/3 of girls playing in these national leagues getting recruited to top 50-100 D1 programs. How many club parents and players understand that at least 2/3 of the players on most of these elite team should be thinking D2, D3, NAIA, or a low level local D1 program?

Damn I keep agreeing with you.... This post is spot on....

I agreed with MAP, but try chasing Rodmans kid down the field.

She is a special player that will be playing on the big stage against the best teams with/against some of the best players. The DNA is obviously there. For her it's just a matter of how hard she wants to push herself so that when she gets there will she be ready to shine on that stage. I'm hoping that she is putting in the work. The players that shine don't do so just based upon their physical tools.

Having the ability to stretch a defense is a useful tool. However, a forward with no ability to combine with the other attacking players would see little to no PT at a school in contention to win it all at the D1 level. Don't get me wrong, I have seen teams put fast forwards with a donkey touch out there to try and wear a backline out, however, once you get to the Sweet 16/Final 8 there aren't too many of those players getting much PT. So it really comes down to what a player's goal is. If it is just to get into a good school then Malcolm X it ("by any means necessary") but if the goal is for a player to actually get in a game at a time that matters, then I suggest technical skills and soccer IQ is what should be on the menu.

Good luck to you and your player.
I think I follow you in that you were originally commenting on a players "development" (or lack thereof) under a direct only style approach / coach. I mistook you for speaking about the actual direct style game strategy.

I agree with that perspective. I have seen players at younger ages that are lightening fast, be used by club coaches under direct style play to a fault. Unfortunately, it was more about the coach and the win versus developing said player. Tragic IMHO especially when parents are clueless that their player isn't being developed appropriately.

I agreed with MAP, but try chasing Rodmans kid down the field.
Ally Watt TX A&M is arguably one of the fastest forwards (if not the fastest) on the dribble and a pretty good example of a well trained player that can play with ease under any style of play be it direct, possession, high-pressing or counter. Solid soccer IQ. Word to the wise....avoid getting in a foot race with her.

She is a special player that will be playing on the big stage against the best teams with/against some of the best players. The DNA is obviously there. For her it's just a matter of how hard she wants to push herself so that when she gets there will she be ready to shine on that stage. I'm hoping that she is putting in the work. The players that shine don't do so just based upon their physical tools.
My daughter has played her a few times, I don't remember much, but she was very fast and seemed like a nice, polite young lady.

Perhaps you confused negative jabs with me not buying into the hype. GDA isn’t for my player at this time and there is nothing wrong with me saying as much. You all chime in constantly to say how much koolaid your drinking. Drink away... it’s not for my DD.

I guess I touch nerves often because resorting to name calling is pretty childish. Perhaps what you think is great, isn’t quite living up to the hype? Otherwise what’s the purpose of name calling?

This is discourse and I don’t have to agree with your point of view.

Your kids has played a half season in the now weak ECNL SW conference. That's it. Eight games? Never played ECNL in the glory days and never played GDA. You also pretend its an option to play in GDA, but you live in Vegas. Stop the BS. Be happy with ECNL and move on. And yes, you are acting like a clown when you make stupid statements (and often untrue statements). If you don't want to be called a clown, don't act like a clown.

I've never thrown anything negative towards GDA.

Just a few examples:

Sorry, they picked the clubs who had the money to buy in. I can't wait to hear about how much fees have increased.
Not true. Club fees decreased for many.

Curious to see how a GDA showcase with 25 minute halves will be.
Not true. 40 minute halves.

You do realize there is only ONE Showcase for DA? It has been in December in Florida. If teams are successful then they play in June for playoffs. Perhaps girls will be at a different location the Florida.
Not true. Spring showcase and then summer showcase.

Maybe I'm wrong, but what's so good about D.A. ? 23 girls on a team split evenly; only three subs per game which means only 14 girls will get an opportunity to play in a game; participating girls can't do ECNL, ODP, or high school. Seems like a lot to give up for something that isn't proven. We all see how the the boys side has produced stellar players and results :rolleyes:(insert sarcasm).
Not true. Many GDA girls played high school soccer this winter.

Very true. ZD stop speaking the truth. Give us some fake news!! Here I will do it. The only way to get into a top college is to be on the best club team.

News flash!!!

*don't proactively reach out to any coaches on/off the showcase list....make sure mommy or daddy does it for the player - college coaches absolutely LOVE the illustration of maturity.

*a player should never put as much effort in the classroom as she does on the field. Be that Baller w/out brains - College coaches LOVE that dilemma.

*have your kid take the 1st offer she recieves, especially the program that offers the most athletic scholie $$ ...there will not be any other opportunities, where the net-net is less than the big baller playa's receive (but the parents would never admit)

And for my personal favorite ....

*Eagles are born powerful and strong. They don't start their journey in an egg. They don't eventually , strengthen and grow. And they NEVER leave their nest.

Do not think about the future. Think Small. Think of the college recruitment like a simple extension of high school. The world is NOT round, and there are NO colleges outside the south west. who want socal players. Especially when mommy/daddy are right down the street, just an uber ride away ;)

Truth

Your kids has played a half season in the now weak ECNL SW conference. That's it. Eight games? Never played ECNL in the glory days and never played GDA. You also pretend its an option to play in GDA, but you live in Vegas. Stop the BS. Be happy with ECNL and move on. And yes, you are acting like a clown when you make stupid statements (and often untrue statements). If you don't want to be called a clown, don't act like a clown.

Just a few examples:

Not true. Club fees decreased for many.

Not true. 40 minute halves.

Not true. Spring showcase and then summer showcase.

Not true. Many GDA girls played high school soccer this winter.

As my grandma would say, “leave a fool to his folly.”

Your post shows just how much you DON’T know about my DD. As I have stated time and time again, GDA is an option that we choose not to embark on at this point in time.

For the record , the boys didn’t have a spring showcase , and still don’t seem to have one. The only reference at that point was the boys da.

Back