DA expensesOur showcase fees paid for by the club or by the families? Are there scholarships availab

My understanding is that showcase and ref fees are paid by DA (not by clubs or players). There are no the hotel stay requirements for DA. DA offers travel arrangement services, but teams/players are not required to stay at specific hotels. Scholarships are done on a club-by-club basis, but DA does require some minimum level of support by clubs (not sure the percentage). Some clubs advertise the scholarship opportunities, while other clubs you have to ask. Players can apply directly to DA to get travel expenses covered.

DA Showcase events are stay and play. Teams are required to book their rooms through Anthony Travel.

DA Showcase events are stay and play. Teams are required to book their rooms through Anthony Travel.

What does stay and play mean? Are San Diego teams required to stay in hotels during the summer showcase in San Diego?

What does stay and play mean? Are San Diego teams required to stay in hotels during the summer showcase in San Diego?
Stay & Play is a rule that many tournaments use. The tournament "negotiates" rates with hotels in the area and then requires participating teams (that need hotel rooms) to stay in during the tournament. Many of those hotels kick-back many to the sponsoring club. I doubt that the San Diego teams would be required to book hotel rooms. It is usually a radius that teams that are local could drive and play. However, any team traveling from outside of the San Diego area would be required to book through Anthony Travel. When the California teams traveled to Florida and will travel to North Carolina, we had to book our team rooms through Anthony travel as part of the stay and play rule. Clubs/Teams incur this expense. Whether or not they pass the expense on to the players/families, is unique to each club.

Stay & Play is a rule that many tournaments use. The tournament "negotiates" rates with hotels in the area and then requires participating teams (that need hotel rooms) to stay in during the tournament. Many of those hotels kick-back many to the sponsoring club. I doubt that the San Diego teams would be required to book hotel rooms. It is usually a radius that teams that are local could drive and play. However, any team traveling from outside of the San Diego area would be required to book through Anthony Travel. When the California teams traveled to Florida and will travel to North Carolina, we had to book our team rooms through Anthony travel as part of the stay and play rule. Clubs/Teams incur this expense. Whether or not they pass the expense on to the players/families, is unique to each club.

My understanding is that Anthony Travel is the "preferred" travel agent for the events. I didn't know that US Soccer is getting a kickback from the $89 a night room at the Quality Inn.

My understanding is that Anthony Travel is the "preferred" travel agent for the events. I didn't know that US Soccer is getting a kickback from the $89 a night room at the Quality Inn.

I didn't mean to imply that US Soccer operates in this manner. I don't know that US Soccer receives any money from the hotels that are utilized. I have found that the hotels and rates that we have seen so far with the DA Showcases have been the same rates as if you booked through hotels.com.

Slammers covers dues.

Pat’s you pay nothing zip nada

LA Galaxy nothing zip nada

LAFC is not fully funded. Not sure if they pay for anything, no clue.

As US Soccer said the above two are it across the US. (Pats and LAG)
Surf is a quality club and large...is this academy fully funded, for boys or girls?

Back