DA expensesOur showcase fees paid for by the club or by the families? Are there scholarships availab

smellycleats

SILVER ELITE
Are expenses for DA families the same at all DA clubs? Specifically, are all DA familes required to pay for travel and hotel stays? Are showcase fees paid for by the club or by the families? Are there scholarships available for some percentage of players on each team? I understand LA Premiere girls DA is funded but for all of the other clubs are the financial obligations universal?

Are expenses for DA families the same at all DA clubs? Specifically, are all DA familes required to pay for travel and hotel stays? Are showcase fees paid for by the club or by the families? Are there scholarships available for some percentage of players on each team? I understand LA Premiere girls DA is funded but for all of the other clubs are the financial obligations universal?
Sorry- thread title is a mess.

I think it is LA Galaxy is full funded. But who wants to drive 4 days a week to the westside. Worst traffic in the country.

LAGalaxy is funded, they practice in Carson
Pateadores is also funded, they practice in the OC
LA Premier also Funded, they practice in The Pasadena area

Everyone else has fees....

My understanding is that showcase and ref fees are paid by DA (not by clubs or players). There are no the hotel stay requirements for DA. DA offers travel arrangement services, but teams/players are not required to stay at specific hotels. Scholarships are done on a club-by-club basis, but DA does require some minimum level of support by clubs (not sure the percentage). Some clubs advertise the scholarship opportunities, while other clubs you have to ask. Players can apply directly to DA to get travel expenses covered.

My understanding is that showcase and ref fees are paid by DA (not by clubs or players). There are no the hotel stay requirements for DA. DA offers travel arrangement services, but teams/players are not required to stay at specific hotels. Scholarships are done on a club-by-club basis, but DA does require some minimum level of support by clubs (not sure the percentage). Some clubs advertise the scholarship opportunities, while other clubs you have to ask. Players can apply directly to DA to get travel expenses covered.
So comparing non funded clubs, is there a wide rage in terms of expenses? what would you say most non funded DA families spent this year on fees, kit, travel, etc? which club is most expensive? Which is the least?

So comparing non funded clubs, is there a wide rage in terms of expenses? what would you say most non funded DA families spent this year on fees, kit, travel, etc? which club is most expensive? Which is the least?

I have no idea and its hard to tell with the league/system so new. Not everyone on every team gets the same deal at the non-funded clubs, especially when applying to DA for travel expenses. After seeking all the aid we could get, I'm guessing club fees and travel expenses for my dd will total just below $1,500. That's for a non-fully funded club.

Slammers covers dues.

Pat’s you pay nothing zip nada

LA Galaxy nothing zip nada

LAFC is not fully funded. Not sure if they pay for anything, no clue.

As US Soccer said the above two are it across the US. (Pats and LAG)

It appeared the funded teams didn’t have as much travel support as the other clubs in Florida. The teams took buses. Blues had very few parents - and they are not funded. Not sure if North Carolina will be the same.

I get the dynamic of traveling as a team. But there were many teams with great family support. It comes at a cost as rooms are close to $200 a night, rental car and flights are probably $500 so, for a week - you’re looking at probably 2k or more for a parent and kid.

It appeared the funded teams didn’t have as much travel support as the other clubs in Florida. The teams took buses. Blues had very few parents - and they are not funded. Not sure if North Carolina will be the same.

I get the dynamic of traveling as a team. But there were many teams with great family support. It comes at a cost as rooms are close to $200 a night, rental car and flights are probably $500 so, for a week - you’re looking at probably 2k or more for a parent and kid.

What club took buses?

Back