DA and ECNL

I am referring to the last couple of years, not the ancient history of when ECNL was founded. Based on that, what was inaccurate?

I will go into it a little later when I get home. On another note it is only 21 days until D1 schools start camp and 29 days until the first scrimmages! And my player was cleared for full training on Monday!!

I am referring to the last couple of years, not the ancient history of when ECNL was founded. Based on that, what was inaccurate?

So the first inaccuracy is stating that Beach, Legends and Carlsbad were more competitive than many of the ECNL clubs. The ECNL clubs were chosen because they were the clubs that were winning the national championships at the contested levels. Those other clubs didn’t win championships until the SCDSL was formed. Now each of those clubs had individual teams that were as good as some of the middle to lower ECNL teams but they didn’t compare to the top teams. The reason why is really simple. Most of the top players were concentrated on those teams and even in a region as populous as SoCal there are only 25-35 elite level players per age group.

The second and more significant inaccurate statement is that SoCal teams don’t need to travel to play good competition. Although the old Coast Premier League was the top league in the country prior to the creation of the ECNL, the Coast champion didn’t win the national championship every year. As a matter of fact, they weren’t even always Far West Regional champions as there were lots of strong teams from Colorado, NorCal, Vegas. Arizona and Washington. The top teams from those states are often better at aggregating their individual area’s talent than the teams in SoCal. I will give you a better example. Of the starters on the teams that participated in the College Cup 12 of a possible 44 were from SoCal a healthy 27%. However, 7 of those players were on UCLA (a SoCal team), 4 on Stanford and only one Duke player. There is lots of good soccer being played all over the country and the world. Good luck to you and your player.

I thought DPL games / showcases are supposed to be played at the same time as DA games.
Surf Cup placed all the G03 DPL teams in the 2nd and third tiers while telling parents that ECNL wasn't competitive enough for their former ECNL girls. And guess which bracket the ECNL teams are in? Lol!

Surf ...:......while telling parents that ECNL wasn't competitive enough for their former ECNL girls......... Lol!
^This cannot be emphasized enough. Just like when they told parents that Presidio was not competitive enough (of course after parents paid and it was too late to find new teams).

And just like they did with Presidio I wonder when Surf will come crawling back?

Surf Cup placed all the G03 DPL teams in the 2nd and third tiers while telling parents that ECNL wasn't competitive enough for their former ECNL girls. And guess which bracket the ECNL teams are in? Lol!

Not quite true. They placed two of the 03 DPL pilot teams up an age group in the DA bracket of U17.

Can’t wait to come back here on August 7th to here about which ECNL team beat which DPL team (and vice versa) and because of this it is clear to anyone with a brain that one is superior.

Not quite true. They placed two of the 03 DPL pilot teams up an age group in the DA bracket of U17.
DPL and DPL Pilot are not the same thing. Pilot teams are essentially 03 DA teams that take the 2018/2019 DA year off, while competing in the Pilot program instead. Surf is trying to keep their DA 03 top players from moving to an ECNL club for a year before returning for DA next year by putting them in a high college coach exposure DA bracket. A smart move I think.

Final season articles for ECNL and GDA national championships. California did not disappoint....for the most part anyways with 'finals runner-ups' and a national championship trophy in each age group across both leagues:

ECNL
https://www.soccerwire.com/news/clu...nia-clubs-sweep-u14-u17-ecnl-national-finals/

Blues has the two best teams in their age brackets irrespective of league IMO. Slammers u15 were one of the last teams to qualify for CL and persevered. Nice story.

GDA
https://www.soccerwire.com/news/clu...u-16-17-win-girls-development-academy-titles/

Slammers u18/19's won the inaugural Girls Development Academy national championship which was a couple weeks before the Kansas City event.

Congrats for all the hard work through a chaotic and kinda weird season. Hoping 2018-2019 will be even better for all California clubs!

Can’t wait to come back here on August 7th to here about which ECNL team beat which DPL team (and vice versa) and because of this it is clear to anyone with a brain that one is superior.
GDA built in a strategic advantage (even if nothing more than illusory) by not allowing their teams to play non-GDA teams....although, looking at the SilverLakes brackets it would seem we will see at least a couple ECNL versus GDA matchups?

Back