DA and ECNL

Surf has been told, 2018-19 will be the last of both. They will have to pick one or the other next Spring. Unless this has changed since Monday.

So let’s take the disscusion further, what if they choose ECNL? Blues chooses ECNL, Slammers stays. Is ECNL not a more viable choice?

DA is becoming regionally strong, not nationally next year. ECNL will be strong everywhere except So Cal and Texas next year.

Would this be a ground breaking decision? An outside of the box decision? Or death for Surf?

This makes more sense than "Surf has lost ECNL". Seems like the writing is on the wall for DA unless the dual clubs in So Cal all go that way. But wouldn't it be funny for the other clubs in SD which finally felt like they had made it (LA Galaxy SD, Albion etc.) if Surf and Blues went back to ECNL?

This makes more sense than "Surf has lost ECNL". Seems like the writing is on the wall for DA unless the dual clubs in So Cal all go that way. But wouldn't it be funny for the other clubs in SD which finally felt like they had made it (LA Galaxy SD, Albion etc.) if Surf and Blues went back to ECNL?

Exactly my point!

Surf will pick DA. You're a dreamer if you think otherwise.

Surf will pick DA. You're a dreamer if you think otherwise.

They'll pick whichever program looks like it's going to be the most prestigious going forward. At the rate DA clubs are dropping across the country, it may not be such a clear choice this time next year.

I wonder what would happen if DA mandated that clubs need to offer both DA and GDA? Before GDA an argument could be made that the fully funded DA clubs were violating California's "Fair Play" act.

I wonder what would happen if DA mandated that clubs need to offer both DA and GDA? Before GDA an argument could be made that the fully funded DA clubs were violating California's "Fair Play" act.
Especially the ones that used city/county fields.

You really need to have another kid (and make sure it is a girl) so you having standing to challenge some of these issues you keep pointing out. Very valid points.

Especially the ones that used city/county fields.

You really need to have another kid (and make sure it is a girl) so you having standing to challenge some of these issues you keep pointing out. Very valid points.
There is not a soccer club out there that does not use public fields at some point.

Youngest is a male, so no go on standing. Besides, in addition to standing, you need to be able to pay the lawyers, court fees, etc. I did explore the court option earlier, but could not find any lawyers that were interested. I let CIFSD know they were violating Title IX, but they don't care. The reason I do keep bringing it up is in case someone else has the needed resources and desire but hadn't thought of it.

They'll pick whichever program looks like it's going to be the most prestigious going forward. At the rate DA clubs are dropping across the country, it may not be such a clear choice this time next year.
DA can easily solve the problem of clubs dropping.

When you read why clubs drop it gets back to no HS soccer, then sub rules, then dual band.

For DA to stop the defections allow HS soccer at a min. That takes care of the majority of the problems clubs have. Put in ECNL style sub rules and that solves almost all the problems.

It seems to be an easy fix. They wanted to take the boys system and drop it on the girls. Seems like the girls want something a bit different.

Can they admit they they have an issue and make the necessary changes? Who knows. But they sure are doing a good job of making sure ECNL stays more than viable.

When you read why clubs drop it gets back to no HS soccer, then sub rules, then dual band.

For DA to stop the defections allow HS soccer at a min. That takes care of the majority of the problems clubs have. Put in ECNL style sub rules and that solves almost all the problems.

It seems to be an easy fix. They wanted to take the boys system and drop it on the girls. Seems like the girls want something a bit different.

Can they admit they they have an issue and make the necessary changes? Who knows. But they sure are doing a good job of making sure ECNL stays more than viable.

Why girls DA might want to do something different -- WNT has world-class success without any DA program; women's college programs have no problem finding good players, and good players have no problems finding college programs they like; the US women's pro circuits are not attractive to young college graduates.

What problem is DA trying to solve?

Oh wait, then you have what ECNL already provided!

Why girls DA might want to do something different -- WNT has world-class success without any DA program; women's college programs have no problem finding good players, and good players have no problems finding college programs they like; the US women's pro circuits are not attractive to young college graduates.

What problem is DA trying to solve?
E, I just got a headache reading through your logic. Got any aspirin?

I firmly believe the real issue driving a few clubs to leave DA and to focus full time on ECNL is money and that ECNL likely gives them a opportunity to make more money.

I firmly believe the real issue driving a few clubs to leave DA and to focus full time on ECNL is money and that ECNL likely gives them a opportunity to make more money.
Captain Obvious strikes again. $ drives all decisions for DA and ECNL as well as almost all soccer clubs.

Back