D1 Women's Soccer Transfers

Ten returning seems a little high, is this a guess on your part? Based on what we have been told he pretty much cleaned house with Boyds recruits, but he did honor some scholarships. Very Happy for a couple of the new players they really wanted to be at ASU for academic reasons.

I can only go based upon their roster and I am not aware of all of the athletes on the roster that are underclassmen who are no longer on the team. I can only find announcements mentioning 2 of the players that transferred. They seem to have signed some international talent and a few SoCal kids. Basically it looks like they return their keeper, the English girl that came with him from South Alabama and not many other contributors. With as many as 9 potential new starters and very few players for the spring I hope that this coach got a 4-5 year contract guarantee because he is doing a total rebuild.

I am always happy when a kid picks a school for academic reasons.

Ten returning seems a little high, is this a guess on your part? Based on what we have been told he pretty much cleaned house with Boyds recruits, but he did honor some scholarships. Very Happy for a couple of the new players they really wanted to be at ASU for academic reasons.

I am curious to know what other schools the players had an opportunity at that did not meet their academic expectations.

Similar to what Washington State did last year, worked OK for them in their first year, sweet 16.

Not at all what Wazzu did. They returned a ton of players and signed 11 or 12. Eighteen players is 2/3 of a full roster or a full gameday roster and returned their whole defense which is what allowed them to luck their way to the sweet 16.

Not at all what Wazzu did. They returned a ton of players and signed 11 or 12. Eighteen players is 2/3 of a full roster or a full gameday roster and returned their whole defense which is what allowed them to luck their way to the sweet 16.
Thought it was 16 but it was only 14 of which 8 saw significant minutes, still half a roster and a big retool in their first year with new coach. ASU will be interesting with so many new players with 4 being foreign born. How are the CA players that are coming in, they come from good clubs?

Thought it was 16 but it was only 14 of which 8 saw significant minutes, still half a roster and a big retool in their first year with new coach. ASU will be interesting with so many new players with 4 being foreign born. How are the CA players that are coming in, they come from good clubs?

The SoCal players seem solid from what I can see. It also looks like he tried to add a few athletes. I hope that they do well especially the local kids.

The SoCal players seem solid from what I can see. It also looks like he tried to add a few athletes. I hope that they do well especially the local kids.

I hope the locals do well also, I will be watching this coming season a little more closely. Been a lot of lean years at ASU and it needed a re-tool the PAC is a tough conference. But, it sure would be nice to do well against some of those SoCal schools and maybe knock a couple off the top haha. :)

I hope the locals do well also, I will be watching this coming season a little more closely. Been a lot of lean years at ASU and it needed a re-tool the PAC is a tough conference. But, it sure would be nice to do well against some of those SoCal schools and maybe knock a couple off the top haha. :)

I would love for them to beat that other SoCal school for sure. As the saying goes, "a rising tide raises all ships." Let's hope that they are significantly improved this year. One recruiting class can make a huge difference.

http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/040218aaa.html

Big loss for Stanford. Her workrate was the engine that drove their offense believe it or not.... Sometimes info you get from a guy at the bar is correct.
Wow...obviously transfers of players late in their college careers are fairly commonplace, but a key player on the defending NC squad leaves to play their last year elsewhere??? That's got to be nearly unheard of. Is there more behind the scenes to this story? Or just a matter of someone having reached the mountaintop and wanting to move on to something different?

Wow...obviously transfers of players late in their college careers are fairly commonplace, but a key player on the defending NC squad leaves to play their last year elsewhere??? That's got to be nearly unheard of. Is there more behind the scenes to this story? Or just a matter of someone having reached the mountaintop and wanting to move on to something different?

Stanford spends their money years in advance. If a player redshirts there then they have a choice to make that 5th year. Either transfer and go to grad school elsewhere as a celebrated graduate transfer or pay for that first quarter out of pocket ($24k for the quarter). Their coach is upfront about this.

Guess you can say she went from the Mt Top to the HillTop. Both are such phenomenal schools, great locations (DC is actually pretty rad now days) Moreover, Coach Nolan is good people, runs a tight ship and his players move on to do great things.

Guess you can say she went from the Mt Top to the HillTop. Both are such phenomenal schools, great locations (DC is actually pretty rad now days) Moreover, Coach Nolan is good people, runs a tight ship and his players move on to do great things.

I agree 100% GTown is a top academic destination with influential alumni (ask Monica Lewinsky).

This is the exact scenario I was talking to my daughter about. For the career she wants to do, grad school is almost unobtainable even with a 4.0. So assuming she is still on this path at the time she enters college I told her that she might want to see if she could red shirt her first year. Assuming she graduates in 4 years, she then might be able to use soccer to get into grad school. Thanks for posting this. I get to say "I told you so" tonight.

Back