CRL

I would go on to say that they are your CRL winners! They have beat the teams that could have given them run. They play real nice...

They've had a very strong start for sure but I wouldn't hand them the trophy just yet after only 4 games ( over just two weeks). CRL, especially for the olders, is a long season spanning over 8 months. A lot can happen over that time. Some teams have had a slower transition and higher roster turn-over with the birth year changes. But we'll see who are the good coaches and how well the teams gel and improve over the next 8 months. I've seen modest-midlevel teams in August turn into strong contenders by March/April. And I've seen top-peforming summer teams get hit with complacency, fatigue, and injuries, and end up sputtering in the spring. Usually the top teams that overly relied on their starting XI and didn't develop their bench tend to fall prey to this. Definitely saw this in the u13 age group last year.

Congrats to West Coast for having a fantastic summer, but remember it's a long season. Just looking at the standings, a lot of the teams are just one or two games behind. Just one sluggish weekend by WC and a lot of teams will be back in the mix.

I know they forfeited their December CRL games because they lost a ton of players to high school.

However now I don't see them listed for National Cup either, so it definitely seems like the team has disbanded. As for the CRL forfeits, I'm assuming CalSouth is retroactively forfeiting all the Downey games, so the standings remain somewhat fair.

I've been hearing that West Coast is falling apart and that they may not go to Seattle for Far West Regionals.........anyone currently on the team care to elaborate?

I've been hearing that West Coast is falling apart and that they may not go to Seattle for Far West Regionals.........anyone currently on the team care to elaborate?

The void left by the Wallace departure hurt them. Apparently, the replacement coach for Wallace fell through (too many commitments) which coincided with a poor showing in National Cup, not certain if he is still the replacement coach or WC has moved on to another coach. The WC DOC or whomever is in charge there can hopefully right the ship. Perhaps the Fall move to ECNL has hurt the team as well or maybe Wallace is doing some recruiting for Arsenal, not sure, just conjecture. Perhaps Diaz can chime in.

I see Albion's off-year DA team in the Play-In. Where are Surf's, Pats, Strikers, Arsenals, Nomads, Real SoCal, and Golden State's? Anybody know what leagues those teams will be in?

I see Albion's off-year DA team in the Play-In. Where are Surf's, Pats, Strikers, Arsenals, Nomads, Real SoCal, and Golden State's? Anybody know what leagues those teams will be in?

Did those team break-up and the players scatter? Normally a few play the split DA age group /U16-17, some like the Pats have a reserve team now in DSL but with a different coach & players?

Does one of those Albion teams consist mostly of previous 02' DA players?

Santa Barbara S.C. B2002Premier is in CSL now and I was told they have several previous 02' DA players .

Albion did not want to split up their 01 & 02 teams. So the 01's are in DA and the 02 team is back to club. Whole team minus 3 players that moved on.

Looks to be pretty competitive season in CSL? I would think that the DA team should battle it out, it's going to be interesting to see if the mid level teams can hang.

CRL is playing the "bully" and unjustly forcing teams to declare forfeits for this weekends games. Even though they are supposed to reschedule for HS and we requested this before their deadline.

Any other teams getting a raw deal? Saw TFA forfeited all of their games.

Back